+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

DJCan

May 13, 2020
My medical again says passed on May 19,2020(They did not request any re-medicals). They haven't mentioned anything about extension. But profile has been changed from approved to in progress. Anyone here who is in the same situation as me?
Hi.. are you based out of India ?

shriram0205

May 16, 2019
Same here. Did you raised the webform saying - you can travel now based on Vande Bharat mission ?
I did not say anything. I raised two webforms saying I cannot travel now. They reopened my application and medicals was updated. I guess once I am ready to travel I will raise one more webform and they will let me know of the further steps. was your application reopened as well?

DJCan

May 13, 2020
I did not say anything. I raised two webforms saying I cannot travel now. They reopened my application and medicals was updated. I guess once I am ready to travel I will raise one more webform and they will let me know of the further steps. was your application reopened as well?
No.. It still says approved.

Ships123

Mar 18, 2019
Hello,I am planning to go via air india and air Canada ( connecting flights).
Since the lugggae allowed in air india is 2 bags and luggage allowed is 1 bag in air Canada, where are we supposed to pay for the extra luggage as per air Canada.?
I hope I don't need to collect my luggage at mid airport and then again check in for air Canada flight.
Please please help, since you have already followed this route and your advice would be most helpful.
Thank you

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the lugggae allowed in air india is 2 bags and luggage allowed is 1 bag in air Canada, where are we supposed to pay for the extra luggage as per air Canada.?
I hope I don't need to collect my luggage at mid airport and then again check in for air Canada flight.
Please please help, since you have already followed this route and your advice would be most helpful.
Thank you
A forumer here reported that his luggages was was checked all the way to Toronto by Air India, and he didn’t need to pay for the extra luggage.

Ships123

Mar 18, 2019
A forumer here reported that his luggages was was checked all the way to Toronto by Air India, and he didn’t need to pay for the extra luggage.
Yup I saw that ,but I have connecting flights booked separately by me and have different PNR.
Ok wouldn't air Canada charge for the extra 1 bag that was allowed by Air India is my question?
I guess there was one member who recently travelled via London to Toronto.But if he can provide about more details about baggage details, where they can be tagged till final destination and paid for , if at all?
Thanks in advance

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Thank you
After security tagging on your luggage you will reach at the Air India counter in New Delhi Airport where the staff for issuance of boarding passes and luggage tags Is deployed. Request her/him to tag your luggage till Toronto. That’s it.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
I was the one. I got my luggage here in Canada.

Ships123

Mar 18, 2019
After security tagging on your luggage you will reach at the Air India counter in New Delhi Airport where the staff for issuance of boarding passes and luggage tags Is deployed. Request her/him to tag your luggage till Toronto. That’s it.
Ok and nothing needs to be paid for the extra 1 bag right, after the luggae is being tagged till Toronto?
Also my connecting flight has a layover of 17 hours in Frankfurt? I hope no transit visa is required and it's all ok?

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Ok and nothing needs to be paid for the extra 1 bag right, after the luggae is being tagged till Toronto?
Also my connecting flight has a layover of 17 hours in Frankfurt? I hope no transit visa is required and it's all ok?
For transit visa, I’ve sent you a link check your eligibility. As far as concern about paying extra, I have not paid anything for extra luggage. So hopefully you will also get it for free.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
You hold a Canada visa so you’re good to go. I had my personal experience with Frankfurt and Munich connections for more than 10 times, I never required transit visa with Indian Passport having US visa.