+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
For those who are contemplating travel via land border. I crossed the land border from Michigan yesterday. It went smooth and I was the only one in the immigration.
Was your CoPR approved before March 18th and is that why you were able to complete landing procedures? I am assuming you did them at the land border? Were you allowed to come back to the US right away or do you need to quarantine for 14 days in Canada?

Reactions: RedSky

mb29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Yes you need to get 2 separate tickets.
1. India to London - from Air India
2. London to Canada - from Air Canada

*But make sure that your layover time at London airport is less than 24 hours. In that case, you won't require a transit visa.
While boarding the flight from India, you can tell Air India staff that you have an onward flight, they will tag your luggage till Canada and will give you both the boarding passes, so you can remain on the airside in London and won't require any visa.
Let me know if you have any questions
Are you certain that staff in India can give us a Boarding pass for for eg. Air Canada (london - toronto) ? and can attach boarding tag as well?

Samar2012

Nov 7, 2018
Category........
AINP
Hi everyone,
I am a inland applicant, I already received my PR on dated 27th April , they requested me for two photographs for PR card , which is I already sent Them, now I am waiting the same for more then 20 days , please can anybody share the timeline how much time it takes in these days for PR card , thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi everyone,
I am a inland applicant, I already received my PR on dated 27th April , they requested me for two photographs for PR card , which is I already sent Them, now I am waiting the same for more then 20 days , please can anybody share the timeline how much time it takes in these days for PR card , thanks
As per other answer in your duplicate post published time currently is 135 days probably due to staffing restrictions as result of COVID

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Congratulations!
Did you come using one of vande bharat flights? Can you share what was the price of flight ?
Do you plan it as a soft landing and return?
Do you have a secured job position ?
1. Yes I’ve using Vande Bharat mission flight of Air India Del-London.
2. The price was RS. 56000/- approx. (On their website) through net banking.
3. Right now I’m planning to stay here for at least two months and search the market for business opportunity as well as search for some relevant courses required to run a business or do some particular job.
4. Right now I don’t have a secured job here in GTA.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
Are you certain that staff in India can give us a Boarding pass for for eg. Air Canada (london - toronto) ? and can attach boarding tag as well?
Yes they’ve (Air India) tagged my luggage till YYZ-Toronto in Delhi only. There is no need to collect them in London and then re-tagged for Toronto by Air Canada staff.
Air India and Air Canada are member of star alliance airlines.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
I went through his experience, but he had a valid UK visa as well. But without a UK visa will anyone will be given the boarding pass from Delhi, is what I'm unsure about.
I’ve used the connections Del-London- London-San Francisco or Del-London-London-Vancouver or Del-London-London Seattle frequently from last ten years and I always collect my baggage at the final destination, ie, San Francisco/Vancouver/Seattle etc. in even that scenario where there was no UK visa on my passport. It’s a thumb rule that when you have connections on an airport, there is no need to go to Luggage Collection conveyor and again for for Customs carrying your huge luggages. I’m also a frequent traveller of Lufthansa, I never collect my luggage during connections at Frankfurt or Munich, Germany.

virkz

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2019
Med's Done....
18-05-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2019
LANDED..........
18-05-2020
I went through his experience, but he had a valid UK visa as well. But without a UK visa will anyone will be given the boarding pass from Delhi, is what I'm unsure about.
As per my experience I’ve always got two boarding passes in Delhi Airport only whether my connection was via Germany/UK and through British or Lufthansa Airlines even in those times when there was no visa of these countries on my passport.

Reactions: SithLord

mb29

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
As per my experience I’ve always got two boarding passes in Delhi Airport only whether my connection was via Germany/UK and through British or Lufthansa Airlines even in those times when there was no visa of these countries on my passport.
Alright, thanks for the detailed explanation. Good Luck.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Has anyone raised a request using the web form if your COPR expired during the lockdown in India and couldn’t travel?
If you haven't raised then please raise one. We all have raised the webform and now waiting for instructions from IRCC. Just keep in mind, there is no point in raising the multiple webforms with same content as IRCC is not encouraging it and they are aware of current situation of travel in pandemic.

Nov 10, 2019
If you haven't raised then please raise one. We all have raised the webform and now waiting for instructions from IRCC. Just keep in mind, there is no point in raising the multiple webforms with same content as IRCC is not encouraging it and they are aware of current situation of travel in pandemic.
I did raise one but got no instructions yet. I was wondering if anyone else has already gotten instructions.