+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
How are you going to apply for SIN with your friend's address? Have you checked the required documents for online or mail sin applications?
Primary Documents - PR Card or COPR letter
Secondary Document - Passport
Address Proof - a letter addressed to the applicant / Bills / university or government correspondence.
This is for online application. i haven't checked requirements for mail or in person application . So my query is can I use the USA address and get the SIN or should i wait till I permanently move and have a canada address? Thanks in advance for your reply :)

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi Guys.. As per the link below, IRCC was supposed to re-open our application if we inform them about our inability to travel. Do we have anyone in the group whose application got reopened ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
As per the instructions file will be reopened after the COPR expiry once we raise the webform with ability to travel.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
I received the same email few hours back for my webform which I sent on 14th April. Although I got the generic reply for it few days back. I believe that they have started the tagging of application for extension. We might receive an update soon. Finger crossed.
I also recieved a generic reply stating "we have recieved your enquiry" few days ago and today I recieved this stating "we forwarded, be assured, we will not refuse you' . I really hope this is a good sign. I hope to get to Canada before my studies start in September :oops:

Babymama

May 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

hope you all are keeping safe and well in these difficult times. I am really stressing out here. Our documents expire on 02/06 (we are British - family of 5 excluding my husband, our last addition 4th child was born in Canada anyway and does not really require the landing process however she is only 1.5 years old I can not leave her behind). We were planning to land in Easter holidays however those plans failed long time a go.
Now I am in a very confused state of mind health vs immigration. I have received the generic email twice saying if we were approved before March 2020 we shall continue to make plans to land...shall I contact them? Shall I go ahead and land? Of course we need to follow 14 days isolation plan - I am hoping to book in to hotel or airbnb. It’s too chaotic in my head because I have 4 dependent to worry for. What do you suggest? Just want another point of view at the moment ✌✌

nkv2411

Jan 7, 2018
I also recieved a generic reply stating "we have recieved your enquiry" few days ago and today I recieved this stating "we forwarded, be assured, we will not refuse you' . I really hope this is a good sign. I hope to get to Canada before my studies start in September :oops:
Received the mail today. I had raised a webform last month mentioning I may not be able to travel considering the circumstances.
COPR expiry - May 21

DJCan

May 13, 2020
As per the instructions file will be reopened after the COPR expiry once we raise the webform with ability to travel.
As per the below line, it should be opened after the expiry and once we inform them about our inability to travel.

"Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days."

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
As per the below line, it should be opened after the expiry and once we inform them about our inability to travel.

"Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are unable or unwilling to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they are unable or unwilling to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days."
As this is under the Expired COPR and PRV ,It seems the files will be reopened only after expiry as some people who are able to travel they can still travel within the COPR validity.
Thats my understanding:)

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
Hi Rahil,
Emirates website still shows available flight for June 5 from Dubai - Toronto. Did you have a return flight booked? If you search for a one-way flight, it still shows as available. Also, their latest updates on social media mentions scheduled flights to 9 destinations starting from May 21. You might want to check again with Dnata
This weekend, I am planning to book for first week of August. Hoping things should be somewhat normal by then for International Flights.

theonegreatone

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Mumbai
As we know things may be delayed after landing too, Please can someone tell me what all things we need to apply for once CoPR is signed..
Let me know if I have missed something or something is incorrect below.

14 Day Self Isolate
SIN
Bank Account
Job
OHIP card
PR Card

Just thinking, how I need to plan to get all formalities complete after landing and completing self isolation during these times.

Sukre

Sep 1, 2018
Congrats on making it there!

I was following the updates from the consulate here as well, but I decided against it. Mainly, because my ticket with Emirates is still 'open', the fare was too expensive, and they would be flying to Montreal not Toronto. At least you saw the email at 1.30 am and were able to pack in less than 24 hours.

Surprised too see no social distancing being maintained on the flight. Did everyone have to wear masks and gloves throughout the entire flight? Did you manage to take a recent bank statement with you?
Yes initial landing place was Montreal but they changed it to Toronto. Initial fare also was changed. I spend 4,57,230/ for three tickets where as initially it was almost 7,10,000/. My emirates tickets were also open but I asked my TA to raise refund request.
Yes we had to wear mask and hand gloves all through the flight.
I took a bank statement from Internet banking though nobody asked for any proof of fund.

Reactions: M160RA

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I received the same email few hours back for my webform which I sent on 14th April. Although I got the generic reply for it few days back. I believe that they have started the tagging of application for extension. We might receive an update soon. Finger crossed.
We know that for sure now that they will give us extension but big worry for Indians is its going to take a long time.Because firstly flights have not started yet.Suppose they start in July then we will raise the web form.Now as per their current speed of respinding they might take 2 months to respond .Then they will send new ppr mail after another month.Then we will submit passports.And one more month to get it back.So acc to my estimate we might be able to land only after Sept or Oct.Thats too late .I just wish Ircc starts mailing fresh copr to all those with expired coprs.If they can give pr status to inland applicants by mail why cant they send us copr by mail.Any ways going to vfs for submission then again collecting them increases chances of virus spread .The can even send counter foil of passport on mail.All this faster and safer methods can be easily adapted.It will save a lot of time and risk.

Reactions: FatemahPK and DR007