+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Rahil Lakhani

Mar 13, 2020
Yeah just saw that, I am feeling things will get better by 1st June. Good luck!
Hi @
Yeah just saw that, I am feeling things will get better by 1st June. Good luck!
Today, got email from Emirates that my flight (Dubai-Toronto) which was booked for 5th June is now cancelled, and Dnata representative told me that none of the normal flights will gonna operate till June end at least.. this was as per current situation..
Fingers crossed as my COPR expiry is 7th July..

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Same scenario have booked a flight already from Delhi to Toronto for June 15. i am planning to reschedule it for the upcoming week. Not sure whether they would allow COPR tho
As long as the CoPR was issued on or before 18 March there is no issue. Simply carry the printout from the Canadian government website clearly highlighting the exemptions.

Suggested:
Also carry clear quarantine plan, stay, food, medicals, ..full details.

Best wishes!

Reactions: FatemahPK and Gsk47

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi @

Today, got email from Emirates that my flight (Dubai-Toronto) which was booked for 5th June is now cancelled, and Dnata representative told me that none of the normal flights will gonna operate till June end at least.. this was as per current situation..
Fingers crossed as my COPR expiry is 7th July..
Hi Rahil,
Emirates website still shows available flight for June 5 from Dubai - Toronto. Did you have a return flight booked? If you search for a one-way flight, it still shows as available. Also, their latest updates on social media mentions scheduled flights to 9 destinations starting from May 21. You might want to check again with Dnata

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I applied online and got it in 3 weeks by post.
Hi... a quick clarification... my husband and I are planning to self isolate in airbnb but to give our friends address for PR card and they will send that by post to us ... as we will return to US after 14 days of self isolation. Is it ok to give the same address for SIN also ? And also did u apply for health card? Is it necessary to apply for health card when we soft land or can we apply it when we settle there permanently?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
No it's a real concern. US likely to ban re-entry of non-immigrant working visa holders for the rest of the year so people like me, who needed to do soft landing first are likely screwed. It's not that you easily have a good job in Canada lined up in this economy.
Do u mean ppl who are on H1B ?

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Hi... a quick clarification... my husband and I are planning to self isolate in airbnb but to give our friends address for PR card and they will send that by post to us ... as we will return to US after 14 days of self isolation. Is it ok to give the same address for SIN also ? And also did u apply for health card? Is it necessary to apply for health card when we soft land or can we apply it when we settle there permanently?
How are you going to apply for SIN with your friend's address? Have you checked the required documents for online or mail sin applications?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hello,
I have just recieved the following letter (generic reply, but is different from all of previous replies):

"Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

Question: I saw people on this thread recieved the same reply. Did you have any updates or news after such letter (particularly, after "We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office."). Have anyone recieved any feedback from that "responsibile" office?

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hello,
I have just recieved the following letter (generic reply, but is different from all of previous replies):

"Good day,

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Question: I saw people on this thread recieved the same reply. Did you have any updates or news after such letter (particularly, after "We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office."). Have anyone recieved any feedback from that "responsibile" office?
Your COPR is expired?

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
I raised a webform for extension,my COPR is yet to expire and got the following reply.

"We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Anyone got this reply?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello,

"Good day,

Sincerely,

I received the same email few hours back for my webform which I sent on 14th April. Although I got the generic reply for it few days back. I believe that they have started the tagging of application for extension. We might receive an update soon. Finger crossed.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
How are you going to apply for SIN with your friend's address? Have you checked the required documents for online or mail sin applications?
Primary Documents - PR Card or COPR letter
Secondary Document - Passport
Address Proof
This is for online application.