+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
Hello Anyone has Alberta PNP approved COPR Can anyone say if we can land Toronto and then will we get a connecting flight Becoz port of entry should be Alberta correct???

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello Anyone has Alberta PNP approved COPR Can anyone say if we can land Toronto and then will we get a connecting flight Becoz port of entry should be Alberta correct???
This is pretty normal even before COVID given the limited direct international flights to Alberta.

You would clear immigration and customs at Toronto where you would be expected to show you have onward travel to Alberta and also an isolation plan for when you arrive in the airport in Alberta. Do not think you will be allowed to exit from airside in Toronto else you would possibly need an isolation plan for Toronto, at least would make no sense exiting from airside and mixing with non travellers.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#domestic

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi guys,
Due to Coronavirus pandemic, I should submit my passport to VFS global by post and it would not be possible for me to go there directly and ask about the last page of their consent form(vfs global consent form). As you can see below, on the last page of the form there is a question related to biometrics that I already did my biometrics during the process of my application. So, I do not know what exactly that part mean& how to fill in that section. Is there any one who can clarify that for me. Any suggestion from those who already filled in this form and received their COPR is highly appreciated:

Applicants wishing to provide biometrics
I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and will be providing my biometric enrolment notwithstanding the information provided on the Government of Canada’s website. I have made this decision of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.
Name: ________________ Signature: ______________ Date: ___________________
Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics
I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and have decided NOT to provide my biometric enrolment. I have made this choice of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
hello friends, my CoPR expires in October 2020. I am too in a fix as my country has completely halted aviation services and am really clueless as to how will I be able to land. Really regretting not landing before this Pandemic.
Its surprising that u all whose copr exp is still 6 months away ,still ur stressed.And here we are with expired coprs waiting cluelessly for extension.How do you know that aviation would not start till October?Please have patience.

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
hello friends, my CoPR expires in October 2020. I am too in a fix as my country has completely halted aviation services and am really clueless as to how will I be able to land. Really regretting not landing before this Pandemic.
Hi there,

My COPR also expires in Oct 2020 which is a long away but we have to be a little proactive. Which country and city are you in currently?

dukenukem

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
New Delhi
Hi there,

My COPR also expires in Oct 2020 which is a long away but we have to be a little proactive. Which country are you in currently?
hello, I am In India currently; City New Delhi .. yet it is along way and even i am hopeful that the situation should improve by June- July. :)

Last edited:

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi guys,
Due to Coronavirus pandemic, I should submit my passport to VFS global by post and it would not be possible for me to go there directly and ask about the last page of their consent form(vfs global consent form). As you can see below, on the last page of the form there is a question related to biometrics that I already did my biometrics during the process of my application. So, I do not know what exactly that part mean& how to fill in that section. Is there any one who can clarify that for me. Any suggestion from those who already filled in this form and received their COPR is highly appreciated:

I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and will be providing my biometric enrolment notwithstanding the information provided on the Government of Canada’s website. I have made this decision of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.
I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and have decided NOT to provide my biometric enrolment. I have made this choice of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.
You can post your question on a more relevant thread.

Uzi_

Apr 12, 2020
Hi guys,

As far as I know, you don’t need to give biometrics again if you have previously given biometrics for the same pr application. I submitted my passport in person. They just asked me if I have given biometrics for this application before.. I said yes and then signed the consent form. No need to give biometrics again.

Reactions: Amir1523

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Guys, has any of the newly landed found a workaround to apply for a SIN?

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
As far as I know, you don’t need to give biometrics again if you have previously given biometrics for the same pr application. I submitted my passport in person. They just asked me if I have given biometrics for this application before.. I said yes and then signed the consent form. No need to give biometrics again.
Thanks a lot for your help. Similar to your case, I have also given biometrics for my application but the following part that I have (copy&pasted from the last page of the consent form) might say something different, due to my perception it's asking for my permission for providing the information regarding my biometrics to IRCC. I have to decide between WISHING TO PROVIDE/WISHING NOT TO PROVIDE options. I afraid that saying NOT would causes some problems ahead. Do you remember if you just signed one page or multiple pages?

Uzi_

Apr 12, 2020
Thanks a lot for your help. Similar to your case, I have also given biometrics for my application but the following part that I have (copy&pasted from the last page of the consent form) might say something different, due to my perception it's asking for my permission for providing the information regarding my biometrics to IRCC. I have to decide between WISHING TO PROVIDE/WISHING NOT TO PROVIDE options. I afraid that saying NOT would causes some problems ahead. Do you remember if you just signed one page or multiple pages?

I don’t think this is what it means. IRCC already has access to your biometrics. This is how they perform security checks and all. I am sorry I can’t recall how many pages I signed.

Reactions: Amir1523