+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone,
I received CoPR in February. I was going to land in June. But my wife got diagnosed with breast cancer in March. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC about the new diagnosis?
Hey,

First of all, sorry to hear about her, our best wishes and prayers for her quick recovery.

As far as I'm aware, all changes to circumstances before approval of CoPR have to be notified to IRCC. Since her diagnosis came AFTER you were approved for PR, this is not considered as misrepresentation.

I'm sure others here can give their insight into this and guide you better.

Best of luck to you both.

rezanowbari

Jul 18, 2019
Now is a very very bad time to emigrate to Canada.
Massive joblessness amid Covid, deep and prolonged recession ongoing now.
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% jobless rate (exact figure for April to be released later)
Be prepared for a very rude shock if u come.
What you mentioned does not apply only to Cabada and is the situation in the entire world. Spreading negativity and bitterness of this nature does not help anyone and is quite against the purpose of people who are exchanging views on this thread.

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
That’s what I was thinking. IRCC is like “if you can travel, do it”.
I’m hoping that the Customs Officer will have the same opinion.
From what I heard is the land border way more stringent then airports.
When do you plan on doing your trip ? I will do mine end of June. If yours is before mine, please let me know how it goes!

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
What you mentioned does not apply only to Cabada and is the situation in the entire world. Spreading negativity and bitterness of this nature does not help anyone and is quite against the purpose of people who are exchanging views on this thread.
Hello there. I am not spreading negativity and if u were to search my history of replying, u will see this to be the case.
What I am doing is sounding a cautionary note not to disregard the reality that is happening in Canada as I am typing this.
The final call, hopefully it's a sensible and rational one, lies with the individual/family. Go in with yr eyes wide open.
Good luck to all, and may Canada bounce back soon. Godspeed.

Reactions: Lachelle

Esskay0786

May 9, 2020
hello members,
received this response from ircc when asked for extension on copr:

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.
We invite to visit our website to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: Adam261

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hello ppl

I received below reply to my webform from IRCC on COPR extension request. This is not a generic reply as name of IRCC agent was mentioned in the signature
Has anyone else received this type of reply?

We verified the information you provided regarding extension request for the COPRs and PR visas along with the supporting documents and have forwarded them to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
Hello ppl

I received below reply to my webform from IRCC on COPR extension request. This is not a generic reply as name of IRCC agent was mentioned in the signature

We verified the information you provided regarding extension request for the COPRs and PR visas along with the supporting documents and have forwarded them to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
Hello, when did you COPR expire? What is your VO. Whats did you write in your web-form?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I don't understand what's happening with people here. The guy has a PR visa, he is allowed to travel to Canada regardless. What does does non-essential, land vs. air, and officers mood has to do with anything?

Yes you can complete your landing in the 5 hours you will transit in Canada. No one will stop you. The airline will see you have a PR visa, CBSA in Canada will stamp your passport for landing ask you to isolate and at that point you will tell them you are flying back to the US and returning at a later time. If they ask why you did your landing now you just tell them you didn't want to have your PR visa expired and that you aren't ready to move now due to the whole situation.
So this thread/OP subject seems to have created some discussion but anyway the OPs original post proposed a US to US flight transiting Canada but unless I missed it did not clarify if by transit they had a single one way ticket therefore would be staying airside and be able to show this fact to CBSA.

By staying airside you could maybe assume that no isolation plan as a transit passenger would be required, however if the OP needs to go into arrivals hall and then to departures to checkin as opposed to transit connection for the US flight thus in effect entering the country that could be a whole different scenario coming into contact possibly with non travelling public.

Might assume it would not matter to CBSA whether minutes or hours exiting out of airside that they would not mandate an isolation plan with location/contact details as required for all arriving passengers as opposed to just actual transit airside .

Ultimately nobody here really knows any outcome given nobody here has any connection to CBSA or IRCC so there will always be a lot of speculation but hopefully if the OP does not stay airside they take the responsible path as mandated for arriving passngers.

Not a lot of point everyone going back and forth here on this, the OP needs to ensure they follow the guidelines responsibily or accept any consequences

Last edited:

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
My COPR expired on 5th May, VO is NDVO, just mentioned could not travel because of lockdown in my country and attached two cancelled tickets
Thank you for anwering. As far as I remember there are people in this thread whose file was reopened, but I am not sure whether they recieved such e-mail like you did. Then, it is a good sign, I think.

Xtensio

May 8, 2019
So this thread/OP subject seems to have created some discussion but anyway the OPs original post proposed a US to US flight transiting Canada but unless I missed it did not clarify if by transit they had a single one way ticket therefore would be staying airside and be able to show this fact to CBSA.

By staying airside you could maybe assume that no isolation plan as a transit passenger would be required, however if the OP needs to go into arrivals hall and then to departures to checkin as opposed to transit connection for the US flight thus in effect entering the country that could be a whole different scenario coming into contact possibly with non travelling public.

Might assume it would not matter to CBSA whether minutes or hours exiting out of airside that they would not mandate an isolation plan with location/contact details as required for all arriving passengers as opposed to just actual transit airside .

Ultimately nobody here really knows any outcome given nobody here has any connection to CBSA or IRCC so there will always be a lot of speculation but hopefully if the OP does not stay airside they take the responsible path as mandated for arriving passngers.

Not a lot of point everyone going back and forth here on this, the OP needs to ensure they follow the guidelines responsibily or accept any consequences
To answer your question:
I actually have 3 tickets:
Wisconsin - Florida (the actual destination of the whole trip)
Florida - Toronto
Toronto - Wisconsin ( day as the flight above)
Got this ticket option trough the website momondo.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hello ppl

I had received same reply for my web form initially.Then the second response is same as others are getting.

dukenukem

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
New Delhi
hello friends, my CoPR expires in October 2020. I am too in a fix as my country has completely halted aviation services and am really clueless as to how will I be able to land. Really regretting not landing before this Pandemic.