+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
I am not sure you will be allowed to complete your landing. They will see you as non-essential travel.
Does "non essential" apply to air travel ? From what I have seen it's only for Land travelers. i.e. a Canadian or a PR can fly back to Canada from US (Fact) but they cannot drive to Canada from US because they would not be classed as essential.

I think same applies in this case the only thing I am not sure about is the self isolation part but I guess if you are not leaving the airport and are flying back the same day then maybe ok ?

He might however be subject to quarantine once he lands back in the US as he's coming back to stay.

Sep 19, 2019
Hi Guys ,

I have been issued my counterfoil VISA and CoPR after i submitted my passport to the canadian embassy .

But due to the COVID-19 lockdown situation in INDIA , i am not able to access the courier containing my passport and CoPR letter .

Is there a way one can check " CoPR Issuance Date " online ?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Does "non essential" apply to air travel ? From what I have seen it's only for Land travelers. i.e. a Canadian or a PR can fly back to Canada from US (Fact) but they cannot drive to Canada from US because they would not be classed as essential.

I think same applies in this case the only thing I am not sure about is the self isolation part but I guess if you are not leaving the airport and are flying back the same day then maybe ok ?

He might however be subject to quarantine once he lands back in the US as he's coming back to stay.
If you're not going to settle down then how your travel should be considered essential? If you're lucky and officer is having good day they might validate your CoPR. It's highly likely that they will deny you immigration service especially when you let them know you're going back and does not have self isolation plan.

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
If you're not going to settle down then how your travel should be considered essential? If you're lucky and officer is having good day they might validate your CoPR. It's highly likely that they will deny you immigration service especially when you let them know you're going back and does not have self isolation plan.
I didn't say it was essential but nowhere does it say that non essential travel via Air is not allowed (I could be wrong. Post a link if you know something I don't). In fact, CoPR holders are allowed to travel to Canada during this time and that is what this person will be doing.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi Guys ,

I have been issued my counterfoil VISA and CoPR after i submitted my passport to the canadian embassy .

But due to the COVID-19 lockdown situation in INDIA , i am not able to access the courier containing my passport and CoPR letter .

I think its in your online account.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
I didn't say it was essential but nowhere does it say that non essential travel via Air is not allowed (I could be wrong. Post a link if you know something I don't). In fact, CoPR holders are allowed to travel to Canada during this time and that is what this person will be doing.
That's why I said if officer was having good day otherwise they have denied permission to others who were immediate family members though they're exempted.
Rest, go ahead and let others know how it goes.

Reactions: SithLord

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
As per the travel restrictions mentioned on IATA website: (Canada)
Passengers from the USA must travel for a non-discretionary or non-optional purpose.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

A soft landing flight from USA to USA via Canada might not be seen as essential.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand what's happening with people here. The guy has a PR visa, he is allowed to travel to Canada regardless. What does does non-essential, land vs. air, and officers mood has to do with anything?

Yes you can complete your landing in the 5 hours you will transit in Canada. No one will stop you. The airline will see you have a PR visa, CBSA in Canada will stamp your passport for landing ask you to isolate and at that point you will tell them you are flying back to the US and returning at a later time. If they ask why you did your landing now you just tell them you didn't want to have your PR visa expired and that you aren't ready to move now due to the whole situation.

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
That's why I said if officer was having good day otherwise they have denied permission to others who were immediate family members though they're exempted.
Rest, go ahead and let others know how it goes.
This looks like it applies to land border, not air travel. Do you really think that if a CoPR holder arrives in canada via air they will be rejected entry into the country ? What will they do ? Send him back on the next flight which he has booked already and not sign his CoPR ?

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Hi Guys ,

If you applied through online GC Key than you can check the updates online, everything with regards to your visa, if you applied thourgh consultant he can provide you the details.

Reactions: taranpreetkaur0013

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
This looks like it applies to land border, not air travel. Do you really think that if a CoPR holder arrives in canada via air they will be rejected entry into the country ? What will they do ? Send him back on the next flight which he has booked already and not sign his CoPR ?
Well then when are you going to validate your CoPR?

Last edited: