COPR and coronavirus

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hi Guys, Is anybody planning to travel through the special flights from India?? They might start repatriation flights from Canada in Phase 2 i.e from 16th or 17th May
Had a friend of a friend arrive in Toronto. Existing Citizens (i.e. NOT landing with CoPR). They thought there were some PR - Parents of Citizens - but not too sure. So take it as you will.

Arranged by Consulate General of Canada in India.

Flight duration was 35 hrs or so. Cost was $2000 + per person. Del-LHR-YYZ. DEL to LHR was packed to the brim - no social distancing. LHR - YYZ was slightly better (only slightly - without designated middle row seats vacated for social distancing).

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
@Ralino @FJK1982 @Ziyad

Hi guys,

I just wanted to touch base with all of you based in Dubai like myself. Is there any update on your situation? Are you guys aware of any flights opening up soon? How far along in the copr expiration are you?

I heard about somebody who flew with Lufthansa from Dubai to Toronto via Frankfurt. Have you guys considered this option? Also, are we allowed to transit through EU countries these days?

Reactions: Molino de Viente

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
@Ralino @FJK1982 @Ziyad

Hi guys,

I just wanted to touch base with all of you based in Dubai like myself. Is there any update on your situation? Are you guys aware of any flights opening up soon? How far along in the copr expiration are you?

I heard about somebody who flew with Lufthansa from Dubai to Toronto via Frankfurt. Have you guys considered this option? Also, are we allowed to transit through EU countries these days?
Hi Saad,

I am waiting for flight restrictions to be removed so that I can inform IRCC via webform that I am able to travel now so that they can advise the next steps as my COPR expired on April 6.

There is no way that I can travel on any one of these repatriation flights but I believe Emirates has a couple of flights to Heathrow and Frankfurt in the next week so you could check if that is an option. I read today that Turkish airlines will stay operating international flights starting June 1 and Canada will be one of the destinations so hopefully Dubai airport will open soon as well!

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hi Saad,

I am waiting for flight restrictions to be removed so that I can inform IRCC via webform that I am able to travel now so that they can advise the next steps as my COPR expired on April 6.

There is no way that I can travel on any one of these repatriation flights but I believe Emirates has a couple of flights to Heathrow and Frankfurt in the next week so you could check if that is an option. I read today that Turkish airlines will stay operating international flights starting June 1 and Canada will be one of the destinations so hopefully Dubai airport will open soon as well!
Hi Ziyad,

KLM has also started a few flights from Dubai to Toronto via Amsterdam. Can you use that as 'able to travel' and submit a webform? I called KLM this morning to ask if these were special flights or available for anybody to book, they said they are available to book. All flights for May are sold out. Next available flight is on June 5.

Xtensio

May 8, 2019
You are travelling from USA to USA via Canada? I believe that can be seen as non-essential travel, and the officers might not allow you to complete your landing formalities. Too much of a risk in my opinion.
Yes, I was worried about that, too. But it’s literally just a standard transit (at least standard in pre Corona times). Won’t leave the airport

Xtensio

May 8, 2019
Didn't I already answer your question? Yeah you can do your landing, you have 5 hours, land then go back to your next flight. You have your pr visas so no one will tell you no you can't fly.
I think somebody else aa similar question
Thanks for letting me know. Had a really strange conversation with an Customs Officer (Standard Call Center) today, telling me that all immigration has been shut down and there is no officer available....
So just wanted to double check before taking the flight

Higgle

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Used Uber from the aiport, there were plenty available as well as airport taxis.
It was quite late so I did nothing besides landing at the airport. I added an international plan to my phone connection online, hope that helps :)
Thank you . It really helps :) I hope you're staying safe and well .

Reactions: ryeCatcher

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
i think it is not necessary to apply.
Hi... two more questions..
1) Since service canada Centers are closed, did you apply for SIN online or by mail ? Or what’s the process for that ?
2) Did you get a new Canada SIM card for your phone since the USA sim doesn’t work over there ? And how do we get one ?

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi everyone, i have just submitted my pcc for India from Canada, i made mistake did not add my father and mother last name as per my passport. But my name is correct as per my passport. Would it cause any issue.
Please anyone help
You're in wrong thread. Please raise your query in relevant thread.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes, I was worried about that, too. But it’s literally just a standard transit (at least standard in pre Corona times). Won’t leave the airport
So you are literally on a single ticket USA to Canada to USA as a connecting flight staying airside . If there is a return involved where you need to exit from airside to checkin then believe you could be subject to the 14 day quarantine rule given soon as someone exits into arrivals hall they are in the country.

Somebody already mentioned whether this as a soft landing would be considered essential travel but guess you will find that out when you try to checkin or arrrive in Canada nobody here can predict one way or the other .

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
I have an upcoming flight from the US with transit trough Toronto Airport next weekend.
I will travel from the USA via Canada (Toronto) back to the USA.

Does anyone know if I can use my 5h layover for a soft landing?
I am not sure you will be allowed to complete your landing. They will see you as non-essential travel.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Now is a very very bad time to emigrate to Canada.
Massive joblessness amid Covid, deep and prolonged recession ongoing now.
Record job losses, to the tune of about 20% jobless rate (exact figure for April to be released later)
Be prepared for a very rude shock if u come.