Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
I spoke with a CBSA Windsor Boarder Agent and she explained me that untill April 15 all the travel exemptions provided by IRCC were valid. On April 15, when Quarantine act came into force, it superseded the IRCC travel exemptions and all immigration services were stopped at land and airport boarders. Now if there is anyone who crossed land boarder or airport after April 15 can help us understand if CBSA's explanation is correct or not.
@ryeCatcher @raxx.cater @rohan2now
Thank you for the update. I am also waiting for someone who traveled from US recently to update us. I was planning to travel around May-15, but I will wait for someone to comment before booking final tickets.
Also, just to update, I think @niko80 traveled from US on Apr-23 and immigration went smooth.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Can you link us to what was enforced as from April 15?

The only thing i've seen is the emergency order which was invoked from the Quarantine Act on March 25, which was before the IRCC exemptions were implemented.

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I traveled via Toronto airport this weekend, it was smooth no issues.
They did ask what plans for self-isolation, and made us fill out some forms declaring that we do not have covid19 symptoms etc.
Great. Were you asked any questions about proof of funds or any other documents?

us2canada2020

May 1, 2020
They did ask what plans for self-isolation, and made us fill out some forms declaring that we do not have covid19 symptoms etc.
Looks like Airport CBSA is more clear on IRCC exemptions than land border agents.

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
Can anybody travel to Canada from the USA recently? Also, has anybody used Automatic revalidation recently to enter the USA recently?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
What is your status? Family sponsorship? and when CoPR was issued? Thanks.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Great. Were you asked any questions about proof of funds or any other documents?
Was asked about funds, but not asked for proof/document. That's it, otherwise usual process for landing, it was a big relief to get that done :)
Officer was even ok with sending PR card to family members address.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Can anybody travel to Canada from the USA recently? Also, has anybody used Automatic revalidation recently to enter the USA recently?
If you have valid visa you definitely can and people are, but situation of course can still change at any moment sadly.
I hope to be able to use AVR in 2 weeks time, fingers crossed. As per last time I spoke with CBP we can use AVR for air travel, land border seems less likely/unclear.

nirjhar18

Apr 2, 2019
If you have valid visa you definitely can and people are, but situation of course can still change at any moment sadly.
I hope to be able to use AVR in 2 weeks time, fingers crossed. As per last time I spoke with CBP we can use AVR for air travel, land border seems less likely/unclear.
I just talk to CBP and they said you can use AVR through land as well. Do you want to stay in touch through whatsapp and let me know once you do your landing? I am also planning to travel in 3 weeks

Reactions: ryeCatcher

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Hey @ryeCatcher, good to hear that. Now I can plan my travel... :)
Sorry I have some questions for you.
1. Did you booked AirBnb or Hotel?
2. What did you used for transportation after landing?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hey @ryeCatcher, good to hear that. Now I can plan my travel... :)
Sorry I have some questions for you.
1. Did you booked AirBnb or Hotel?
2. What did you used for transportation after landing?
No worries, happy to help!

1. AirBnb, but either is ok. They did ask how are you planning your groceries etc. Our AirBnB host was helpful, shopped for us :)
2. Used Uber, CBSA said ok but please wear mask during travel. Even the driver was wearing mask :)

Reactions: raxx.cater