+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Wow that is very strict - I confirm that the experience we had in Toronto Ontario on 27th April was not this intense :) Now we shall see ...We still have a week to go. We could still have someone knocking on our doors next week ...We are respecting the quarantine anyway so all good and of course if such thing happens to us, we will surely share our experience with you :)

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Ok thanks for your response!
my visa office is NDVO, would you happen to know any particular link that I can use to raise a webform?
Same link which is given on ircc website under affected by covid section.I have sent web form to both outside (Delhi)and inside canada as I was not sure that time.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Wow that is very strict - I confirm that the experience we had in Toronto Ontario on 27th April was not this intense :) Now we shall see ...We still have a week to go. We could still have someone knocking on our doors next week ...We are respecting the quarantine anyway so all good and of course if such thing happens to us, we will surely share our experience with you :)
Seems like it is safer to travel after July since the 14 day quarantine restriction will be lifted :)

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Go to approved pr with expired and expiring documents section.There you will find a web form link.
This web form is in www.cic.gc.ca
click on
Find out if you are affected by Corona
Click on Find out what to do if you have a copr...
Got it!
So in the inquiry section, I can state that I am unable to travel due to country’s lockdown, correct?
(sorry, too many questions! I am a little too worried)

rohan2now

May 3, 2020
Hello All,

I too have similar questions regarding sift landing in these times. I have attempted to contact CIC using their web form with the following questions. However, I only got some general replies with links to various pages. These links don't clearly answer my specific questions.

I stay close to the Niagara land border in the US. My CoPR is valid until May 27th, 2020. Can I,

1) Simply drive down to the land border with all the necessary documents and finish the PR/stamping process?
2) Make a U-turn right after the stamping and return to the USA?

I saw a notice on the CIC website stating that people who enter Canada must prepare for a 14 day quarantine. Does this still apply if we plan to return immediately after stamping is done (as stated in 2)?

Considering all this, is it best to simply extend the CoPR deadline?

Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks.

rohan2now

May 3, 2020
I'm not sure about land border, but if you fly in you'll need to have your quarantine plans ready before you can even finish landing formalities.
I'm in a similar situation (albeit COPR expiring at a later date), and because of personal obligations I wish I could make a U-turn as well. I don't even have my current Visa stamped so will have to rely on AVR and who knows how that one is gonna be affected with the current administration.

I reached out to IRCC using webform hoping for an extension.

That raises another question.

I am a valid US Visa holder attempting a soft landing in Canada. If somehow the landing formalities are completed and a U-turn is possible (assuming that the 14 day quarantine does not apply), is DHS going to allow people back into the US?

Hoping someone has an answer to this.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Got it!
So in the inquiry section, I can state that I am unable to travel due to country’s lockdown, correct?
(sorry, too many questions! I am a little too worried)
Yes you must mention all details that when is ur copr expiring and why u cant travel.Include govt notification of ur country as attachment and any cancelled flight tickets if u booked.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Hello All,

I too have similar questions regarding sift landing in these times. I have attempted to contact CIC using their web form with the following questions. However, I only got some general replies with links to various pages. These links don't clearly answer my specific questions.

I stay close to the Niagara land border in the US. My CoPR is valid until May 27th, 2020. Can I,

1) Simply drive down to the land border with all the necessary documents and finish the PR/stamping process?
2) Make a U-turn right after the stamping and return to the USA?

I saw a notice on the CIC website stating that people who enter Canada must prepare for a 14 day quarantine. Does this still apply if we plan to return immediately after stamping is done (as stated in 2)?

Considering all this, is it best to simply extend the CoPR deadline?

Your help is appreciated!!

Thanks.
You can read through this thread, multiple people have discussed it.
Some were successful but it seems that it was just luck that helped them do an immediate U-turn.

If you call CBSA or IRCC they will tell you that COPR can enter only if they are coming to "settle permanently", if you are turning around then its not considered "essential".

You could try and get lucky, but there is also the chance you will meet an unfriendly CBSA officer who will not accept such a situation.