+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

nicolasf

Dec 17, 2019
When is your COPR getting expired?
We also have our tickets booked with Emirates for 5th June.. initially it was for 6th June, which they preponed to 5th. Any news when they are starting their inbound flights??
Considering the job market impacts, we have changed our plan to a soft landing now...
Also, any web forms raised so far??
Hello

Can you please let me know when they preponed your flight to the 5th? Did they send you an email about it ?
Do you think we have a chance of travelling on those dates? There is no sign anywhere of any flights happening other then repatriation flights to a select number of countries (not canada).

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Although I appreciate all efforts made by the Immigration & IRCC Officials, I would like to share my opinion on the current situation. Given that there are thousands of people who are uncertain about their COPR’s (be in expired or about to expire). I feel instead of evaluating individual applicants its better the government announces a considerable fixed duration as an extension which could be reviewed later.

Say 9 months for people with expired COPR and 6 months for issued COPR’s. This will give the much need relief for most of the members. Just in this Forum & this thread alone, we could see tons of messages every day (3700+ so far), I’m sure there would have been tens of thousands of Webforms raised by applicants. With limited staff, with no specific information even they can’t help other than sending a common generic response to all.

In my opinion.
• Give general extension.
• Do not ask for any unnecessary supporting documentation.
• Review the overall situation on time to time.
• Make the web forms available for Critical topics only.
• The medical & Police verifications could be done 15-30 days prior to travel.

Would like to see how others in our forum accord or differ.

Last edited:

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
Although I appreciate all efforts made by the Immigration & IRCC Officials, I would like to share my opinion on the current situation. Given that there are thousands of people who are uncertain about their COPR’s (be in expired or about to expire). I feel instead of evaluating individual applicants its better the government announces a considerable fixed duration as an extension which could be reviewed later.

Say 9 months for people with expired COPR and 6 months for issued COPR’s. This will give the much need relief for most of the members. Just in this Forum & this thread alone, we could see tons of messages every day, I’m sure there would have been tens of thousands of Webforms raised by applicants. With limited staff, with no specific information even they can’t help other than sending a common generic response to all.

In my opinion.
• Give general extension.
• Do not ask for any unnecessary supporting documentation.
• Review the overall situation on time to time.
• Make the web forms available for Critical topics only.
• The medical & Police verifications could be done 15-30 days prior to travel.

Would like to see how others in our forum accord or differ.
They have already given instructions for the medical to extend for M1 and M3 applicants for extending 6 months whose COPR’s are expiring 4 to 8 weeks

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
They have already given instructions for the medical to extend for M1 and M3 applicants for extending 6 months whose COPR’s are expiring 4 to 8 weeks

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence
Oh this is a new update !!!!!
so it means it will be extended for sure ...!! And whenever we r ready to travel we might webform them and they might ask us to submit the passport again for a stamp ?

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
so it means it will be extended for sure ...!! And whenever we r ready to travel we might webform them and they might ask us to submit the passport again for a stamp ?
I am not sure that’s why I had asked a question before IN THIS THREAD if anyone can read this and let this group know as the info is vast I have few questions whether the IRCC will re open the applications by themselves to re assess for all those who still have 4 to 8 weeks COPR or we should raise a webform between 4 to 8 weeks expiry of their COPR

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Hi, My visa is due for expiry on May 29th. My application was processed via a consultant and wanted to know if I can personally raise a webform for extension? If so, can someone please provide me with a link/ can guide me through it.
Also, do I need to mention my consultant’s details or is it okay if I provide my personal info as their office is not functional at the moment.
Much thanks! Hope everyone is keeping safe!

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
I am not sure that’s why I had asked a question before IN THIS THREAD if anyone can read this and let this group know as the info is vast I have few questions whether the IRCC will re open the applications by themselves to re assess for all those who still have 4 to 8 weeks COPR or we should raise a webform between 4 to 8 weeks expiry of their COPR
Can anyone report to my question

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi, My visa is due for expiry on May 29th. My application was processed via a consultant and wanted to know if I can personally raise a webform for extension? If so, can someone please provide me with a link/ can guide me through it.
Also, do I need to mention my consultant’s details or is it okay if I provide my personal info as their office is not functional at the moment.
Much thanks! Hope everyone is keeping safe!
U can raise a web form ur self too.It might ask for consultant's reg no but u can leave that space blank.Also if consultant's no us registered with ircc he will get the future correspondence.U might get generic response of the web form.But if u want all mails to come to u either u ask ur consul to forward u or u change the email by filling a web form given on their site.But u need to be sure which email is reg with ircc.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
This is given on the site but none has got any personal reply on these grounds as of now.It will take a lot of time.Untill we get any email from them we can not assume what process would be followed by them .

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
This is given on the site but none has got any personal reply on these grounds as of now.It will take a lot of time.Untill we get any email from them we can not assume what process would be followed by them .
So it’s better to raise the webform before 4weeks of my COPR EXPIRE DATE CORRECt

Froshy

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
U can raise a web form ur self too.It might ask for consultant's reg no but u can leave that space blank.Also if consultant's no us registered with ircc he will get the future correspondence.U might get generic response of the web form.But if u want all mails to come to u either u ask ur consul to forward u or u change the email by filling a web form given on their site.But u need to be sure which email is reg with ircc.
Ok thanks for your response!
my visa office is NDVO, would you happen to know any particular link that I can use to raise a webform?