+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Congratulations on landing! Can I ask if you guys purchased health insurance and if you did, what kind of coverage you got? Planning to land on July, and trying to prepare since isolation protocols will probably still in effect by then.
Thanks !
We did not book any insurance coverage in the end understanding that Ontario was waiving the 3 months waiting period due to COVID. https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
It is on our list to further research on this and see what we need to get done. We hope we did not misinterpret anything and took the right decision...we shall see. That being said when we were shopping for a health insurance we we considering the blue cross. However we did not do much research in the end so there may be better. The only thing I know is that non of the insurance will cover you for anything related to Covid 19 nowadays.

Reactions: eris

Dami90

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hello guys, i got another line included under my Document status section on my online account saying my COPR is valid but i haven't gotten any mail or telephone call confirming my PR status. Has this happen to anyone else?

Reactions: Rahil Lakhani

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Can anyone tell me about the new rules for extending the COPR LIKE for example they have mentioned that the medical will be extended by 6months and this will have automatic reassessment or we need to raise a webform before our COPR expires 4 or 8 weeks
U must raise a web form before copr expires.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
My friends husband got visa on March 25 from paksitan he came yesterday without even questioning ...
So your friends's husband flew to Canada from Pakistan to land with visa/CoPR issued on March 25? That is great news, I always think immediate family members are exempt from travel restriction (e.g., CoPR issuance date after March 18). His arrival is the proof.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
So your friends's husband flew to Canada from Pakistan to land with visa/CoPR issued on March 25? That is great news, I always think immediately family members are exempt from travel restriction (e.g., CoPR issuance date after March 18). His arrival is the proof.
Yeah that’s what I think as well

Reactions: ryester

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Hi Guys,

I soft-landed in Toronto, Canada on 9th March. Then the situation was bad but nothing was locked down. I got my SIN at the airport itself and gave my friend's address to the officers there so that they can send my PR Card which in pre - covid world should have arrived in six weeks. It's 8th week now and my friend hasn't received any my PR card yet.

Is there anyone in the same boat? Is there any clarity on as to when should we expect the PR card to arrive? Or any action that one should take given this situation?
8 weeks and still no PR card?! :eek:

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I also recieved such an e-mail, part of this is saying this:
"
If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.

"
It doesn't look like an answer to any of my web-forms (all my web-forms were answered by generic response from eaither "ircc.cecscdonotreply-nepasrepondrecscec.ircc@c " address or Warsaw office).

we got the same the same email yesterday
i hope we will get the relief soon