COPR and coronavirus

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Thanks! So for the quarantine at London airport the supervisor said " do you have a place to stay there ? " We simply said "yes we do". When we (as everyone else) landed inToronto we were welcomed by police men very serious lol that said " welcome: Do you realise that you have to do 14 days quarantine?" Again we simply responded "yes we do" then they handed us over a covid 19 /quarantine leaflet. Behind them they were tables with quarantine forms and pencils ...we were all required to complete the quarantine forms. On the forms you need to confirm where you are coming from and what will be your address for the quarantine. Only after this you keep your completed form and can get to the queue for immigration ...there you give passport and the custom forms ( that you must have had more than enough time to complete on the plane) and once you say you have a PR confirmation letter the officer will cross the custom doc with a hilighter and give it back to you. Then you will need to go to a second immigration desk ( where you will get your COPR letter and everything stamped...) ...And it is on your way to that second immigration desk that you will be required to drop your completed quarantine form in a box...and that is it

In regards to the transit and connection. At the stage where you complete your quarantine form there are also agents that ask you if you have a connection flight. We did not go to that queue because we did not yet have a connection flight then. However, I think you will not be able to go to that queue either as you will need to go to complete your immigration PR landing first. However the best would be to ask the agents ...better be sure. I don't recall that the quarantine form asks you to confirm how you are planing to get to your destination address (neither how long it is supposed to take you ) it however asks you to confirm precisely what will be your address ...and in which province and so on...now no one reviews the form you completed before you drop it in the box...so you should not get further questions about your itenary details and plans. I would recommend to just honestly complete the form and only provide the required details.

We hired a Uber from the Ottawa airport to our accomodation. The driver was wearing gloves and mask. At the Toronto airport before we decided to get a connection flight to Ottawa, we also got a quote from a taxi to drive us to Ottawa. The guy was literally waiting for clients and offered. It is also possible to rent cars at the airport if you wish to.

For the groceries we used Walmart. https://www.walmart.ca/en/grocery/N-117
They do delivery and pick ups. Unfortunately they could not deliver at our airbnb address this is why we arranged a pick up. We asked our Airbnb host if he could kindly collect it for us since we knew we could only go straight to the accomodation and not stop anywhere else on the way. But you may be luckier and get a direct delivery at your accomodation address. Just try to put your address on the Walmart website and you will know instantly. Please note that walmart only accepts Canada phone number and us/Canada credit cards. However they do accept paypal this is what we used to book our slot and pay for our order from the UK and our airbnb host accepted we put his mobile number down.
Thankyou so much, I hope mine goes as smoothly as yours did. Do you mind me asking what are you planning to do after quarantine ends. We plan to look for a house but are a bit unsure about how open everything will be.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Thats great. Lastly,would be grateful if you let me know if he faced any difficulty while boarding the plane. Or he was simply allowed in after checking documents.
As I said he wasn’t asked anything anywhere that’s what my friend said....

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Yes i am PNP Alberta. I too received the email. Read it. But unclear as to what are we supposed to do. raising webform ASAP? or encouraging to travel if possible.?
Email ONLY applies to those who are either in the process of being nominated, OR are still waiting for their CoPR. It does not apply to people who have already been approved.

Harman Pasricha

Jun 1, 2017
There is no medical code on my COPR just a surveillance code. How do you know what your M code is?
Hi.. I got copr in the last week of February nd planned to travel on 22nd may 2020,but seems impossible.. My wife(primary applicant) has copr with medical surveillance

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Thankyou so much, I hope mine goes as smoothly as yours did. Do you mind me asking what are you planning to do after quarantine ends. We plan to look for a house but are a bit unsure about how open everything will be.
It will go fine just stay positive and focus on the practical things for the trip ie :
- have abundance of your favourite snacks: very few shops are opened at the airports so no much choices if you are fussy!
- of course antibacterial gels :)
- plenty of anti bacterial wipes : since they are not liquid it is easy to pass security with them (instead of buying them high price at the airport drug stores)
- plenty of gloves, masks so that you could change at ease (you will be happy to have some spare to use in Canada after the quarantine anyway). We also took a scarf as an alternative mask option and trust me this was very handy on the plane because our masks were so thick that we could not bear them for hours ...
-for the airbnd if you are a hygiene maniac like us lol ...then try to also add cleaning products to your grocery orders and/or pack some in your check in luggage ...again trust me you tend to wake up very early in your first days ... you may enjoy killing the time cleaning /sanitizing your accommodation. This was important to us to feel comfortable knowing we would stay there quite a while.

The urgency for us now is to get our SIN number. Our plan was to apply for everything online during the quarantine but we do not have what they consider as satisfactory "proof of address" (ie a bank letter) so we will wait for the quarantine to end to open a bank account first then rush to kick off that SIN application. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/sin-applicant-guide.html.

Now we are also looking at properties to rent aiming to move in on 1st June. The housing market seems to have adjusted to the pandemic. Many landlords/agencies seem to arrange "virtual viewings". It seems that you can do quite a lot online and over phone/emails. We aim to do everything possible to be done on quarantine (up until booking physical viewings if possible) then do all the rest from the the first second we are free from the isolation.

In Ontario they will start to gradually open some shops and companies from Monday. Things seem to get better with time I remain positive and hopeful that everything will be easier and easier day by day :) .

DVsl

Apr 30, 2020
Alright, just got off the call with CBSA and the lady said that if I got my COPR before March 18 (which I have), I can fly over to Canada, even if am not an essential worker. Also, she asked me to send an email to CBSA too, to have that in writing and asked me to carry all the IRCC emails to the Port of entry etc.
The 14 day quarantine thing applies and I should have a plan.

@raxx.cater
HI!
should you plan a self-isolation in a POE, or should you go to your final destination for self-isolation?

Anu Ashokkumar

Feb 15, 2019
Can anyone tell me about the new rules for extending the COPR LIKE for example they have mentioned that the medical will be extended by 6months and this will have automatic reassessment or we need to raise a webform before our COPR expires 4 or 8 weeks