+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes its mentioned on their site that if we fall under M1 category we might be given straight away 6 month ext and if still we are not able to travel then we will have to submit remedicals.U can refer to ircc website in special measures section.
Please Post the actual link for the page that you refer to given there are too many different IRCC web pages for anyone to spend a lot of time trying to find the specific one you are referring to. This should be same for anyone rather than just mentioning some link or cut/pasting from a link to avoid any misunderstanding or misinformation, IRCC or Canada Government or Province web links only of course

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Email from IRCC regarding un-landed COPR holders.

Important information for approved permanent residence applicants currently outside Canada
This email is for you if:
  • you are outside of Canada
  • your application for permanent residence (PR) was approved and
  • you have a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR)
If you are already in Canada, please disregard this message; it does not apply to you. If you are a representative, please inform your clients who fit the above description.
Congratulations again on having been selected to immigrate to Canada. We look forward to welcoming you. Unfortunately, the response to the global pandemic is forcing travel restrictions and delays in plans for many. We want to ensure you are aware of restrictions in place in Canada at this time.
On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided updates on exemptions to travel restrictions in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Canadians.
Find out if the travel restrictions apply to you:
  • If your PR application was approved before or on March 18, 2020, you are allowed to travel to Canada. Please read about the public health measures below. If circumstances allow, we encourage you to continue to make plans to land in Canada in 2020.
  • If your PR application was approved after March 18, 2020, you should not make any plans to travel to Canada until travel restrictions are lifted. You will not be allowed into Canada at this time.
  • Use the issuance date on your CoPR to determine if you were approved before, on, or after March 18, 2020. If possible, we encourage you and your accompanying family members to arrive in Canada at the same time.
Public health measures you must follow if you plan to travel to Canada soon:
  • If you travel by air, you will need to pass a health check before you are allowed to board your flight. Travellers who show symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to travel to Canada. If you know you are sick, delay your travel plans until you are feeling well.
  • Whether you travel to Canada by land or by air, a border services officer will assess your health once you arrive in Canada.
  • Once in Canada, you must quarantine for 14 days, even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory for all travellers. There are significant penalties for anyone who does not follow this order. Please see New Order Makes Self-Isolation Mandatory for Individuals Entering Canada.
  • You must have a plan for how you will quarantine for 14 days when you get to Canada and how you will have access to groceries, get medical care, and other essential services. You will be asked to show your plan to border officials. While in quarantine, you will not be able to leave your place of quarantine for any reason. If you do not have a plan for quarantine do not travel until you have made one.
If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:
  • If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.
Thank you for your patience during these exceptional circumstances.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hey - just to confirm I managed to do my connection flight to Ottawa from Toronto.
I ended up flying on 27th April because my 28th April flight was cancelled (last minute on 24th April)
I flew with Air Canada from London Heathrow to Toronto. I did not have a connection flight at the time. Once I landed and did all the PR immigration paperwork, I collected my checking luggages in Toronto and bought a same day 1 way ticket to Ottawa (the final destination mentioned on my COPR letter). I then did again the checking of my luggages and boarded the second (and last) flight and finally landed in Ottawa 45 minutes later.

All in all everything went smooth and even if I did my first POE paperwork in Toronto I was not required to do my quarantine in Toronto.

I arrived at London Heathrow at 8.00am and needed to wait for the Air Canada stand to open at 9.00am. Because I had a COPR letter (not a Canadian passport or PR Card), I needed to deal with a supervisor at the counter before checking in so that he could confirm that I was all cleared to travel. No big deal at all he only made a quick phone call and I believe the main important thing he verified was the date the COPR was issued) ...then he said "ok you are good to go !!!"

Before boarding I was asked again to show my COPR letter. It was only 29 passengers in the whole boing ! We (my spouse and I) could sit wherever we wanted which made it easy to comply with social distancing. The plane was so light that we actually arrived 1 hour early in Toronto. We were required to have our mask on during the whole flight and the air crew was fully covered mask + gloves + full white clothes covers...they looked like surgeons....

Prior to the departure we had booked a grocery order pick up with Walmart and arranged with our Airbnb host that he would collected and delivered the order to us.

Now we are almost halfway through our quarantine. We are starting to search for a permanent accommodation (the current Airbnd is booked for a month).
As soon as the quarantine is over, we will open a bank account and ask for a formal bank letter so that we could use it as a poof of address to apply for our SIN online.

Hope this helps :)
Stay safe everyone !
Hi Soph971,

Congrats on your journey so far and thanks for posting it here. Your itinerary is almost identical to my own except we have an 18 hour layover at Toronto airport which had me concerned about whether we would have to quarantine in Toronto but seeing as we will have booked onward travel and in the light of your experience we should be ok. Can I ask a few questions. How much detail did they ask you for regarding your quarantine plan? Did you hire a car to get to your accommodation? We have also booked an airbnb for a month and planed to arrange a food delivery for the day we arrive. Who did you book your groceries delivery with? I found a company called Instacart will deliver on behalf of the major supermarkets.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Please Post the actual link for the page that you refer to given there are too many different IRCC web pages for anyone to spend a lot of time trying to find the specific one you are referring to. This should be same for anyone rather than just mentioning some link or cut/pasting from a link to avoid any misunderstanding or misinformation, IRCC or Canada Government or Province web links only of course
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I also recieved such an e-mail, part of this is saying this:
"
If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.
  • Please also continue to regularly check on our COVID-19 webpage for updates.

"
It doesn't look like an answer to any of my web-forms (all my web-forms were answered by generic response from eaither "ircc.cecscdonotreply-nepasrepondrecscec.ircc@c " address or Warsaw office).
I received the same email. I believe IRCC has send this email to anyone with a confirmed COPR :)

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Hi Soph971,

Congrats on your journey so far and thanks for posting it here. Your itinerary is almost identical to my own except we have an 18 hour layover at Toronto airport which had me concerned about whether we would have to quarantine in Toronto but seeing as we will have booked onward travel and in the light of your experience we should be ok. Can I ask a few questions. How much detail did they ask you for regarding your quarantine plan? Did you hire a car to get to your accommodation? We have also booked an airbnb for a month and planed to arrange a food delivery for the day we arrive. Who did you book your groceries delivery with? I found a company called Instacart will deliver on behalf of the major supermarkets.
Thanks! So for the quarantine at London airport the supervisor said " do you have a place to stay there ? " We simply said "yes we do". When we (as everyone else) landed inToronto we were welcomed by police men very serious lol that said " welcome: Do you realise that you have to do 14 days quarantine?" Again we simply responded "yes we do" then they handed us over a covid 19 /quarantine leaflet. Behind them they were tables with quarantine forms and pencils ...we were all required to complete the quarantine forms. On the forms you need to confirm where you are coming from and what will be your address for the quarantine. Only after this you keep your completed form and can get to the queue for immigration ...there you give passport and the custom forms ( that you must have had more than enough time to complete on the plane) and once you say you have a PR confirmation letter the officer will cross the custom doc with a hilighter and give it back to you. Then you will need to go to a second immigration desk ( where you will get your COPR letter and everything stamped...) ...And it is on your way to that second immigration desk that you will be required to drop your completed quarantine form in a box...and that is it

In regards to the transit and connection. At the stage where you complete your quarantine form there are also agents that ask you if you have a connection flight. We did not go to that queue because we did not yet have a connection flight then. However, I think you will not be able to go to that queue either as you will need to go to complete your immigration PR landing first. However the best would be to ask the agents ...better be sure. I don't recall that the quarantine form asks you to confirm how you are planing to get to your destination address (neither how long it is supposed to take you ) it however asks you to confirm precisely what will be your address ...and in which province and so on...now no one reviews the form you completed before you drop it in the box...so you should not get further questions about your itenary details and plans. I would recommend to just honestly complete the form and only provide the required details.

We hired a Uber from the Ottawa airport to our accomodation. The driver was wearing gloves and mask. At the Toronto airport before we decided to get a connection flight to Ottawa, we also got a quote from a taxi to drive us to Ottawa. The guy was literally waiting for clients and offered. It is also possible to rent cars at the airport if you wish to.

For the groceries we used Walmart. https://www.walmart.ca/en/grocery/N-117
They do delivery and pick ups. Unfortunately they could not deliver at our airbnb address this is why we arranged a pick up. We asked our Airbnb host if he could kindly collect it for us since we knew we could only go straight to the accomodation and not stop anywhere else on the way. But you may be luckier and get a direct delivery at your accomodation address. Just try to put your address on the Walmart website and you will know instantly. Please note that walmart only accepts Canada phone number and us/Canada credit cards. However they do accept paypal this is what we used to book our slot and pay for our order from the UK and our airbnb host accepted we put his mobile number down.

Getty

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
1221; 6311; 6511
App. Filed.......
04/05/17
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-07-2019
Med's Done....
19-08-2019
Passport Req..
07/01/2020
VISA ISSUED...
07/01/2020
Tha
Yes, I am a PNP candidate (Alberta) with copr. I also received an email from AINP yesterday. The email only applies to applicants whose employment has been affected by covid and have still not received a COPR. for approved applicants, you do NOT need to inform.
Thanks for this clarification, that’s what i understood too.

Reactions: saad_im