+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Working with limited staff in New Delhi office as per FB page.
Atleast they can respond regarding our medical as they did in case of Rajiv.Rest process can be done after lock down is eased.Atleast we will have some relief.In my case its 1.5 month I gave raised web form.Still no proper reply.Its so stressful.

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
Atleast they can respond regarding our medical as they did in case of Rajiv.Rest process can be done after lock down is eased.Atleast we will have some relief.In my case its 1.5 month I gave raised web form.Still no proper reply.Its so stressful.
I dont know what their criteria is. Rajiv's case was a bit different. His Medicals expiry date was May2020 and copr expiry was in Mar2020.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I dont know what their criteria is. Rajiv's case was a bit different. His Medicals expiry date was May2020 and copr expiry was in Mar2020.
Yes ur right.He still had time for his medicals to expire and he was given really less time to land though he could get 2 more months.Though it turned out to be in his favour.Hope we get to hear something gud soon.

Bikram67

Jul 18, 2018
India. We are getting automated response and as per FB page High Commission of Canada in India has assured expired CoPR holders to contact over email once the commercial flights resume. Its just wait and watch for now as things are evolving. My CoPR is expiring next week and I have 3 flight ticket cancellations.
Can you share the response

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Hello sir, where are you from? My COPr is expiring on may 20. Let us connect and share information. I have raised a webform on April 18 indiciating my ticket cancellation and lockdown. No response as of yet from them.
Hi,
My Mom's COPR is valid until 19 May - had 2 flights from Hyd India, on 1st April and the next I had booked was for 17 May. Both stand cancelled (Air Canada and Etihad).

Webform response was to inform once we are able to travel.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Working with limited staff in New Delhi office as per FB page.
Majority of Canada based staff have returned to Canada by repatriation flights. Very few are left, mainly to provide consular services to stranded Canadians and PR holders with the support of limited local staff.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My Mom's COPR is valid until 19 May - had 2 flights from Hyd India, on 1st April and the next I had booked was for 17 May. Both stand cancelled (Air Canada and Etihad).

Webform response was to inform once we are able to travel.
All you can do is request and extension and wait until your mother’s COPR expires. After expiry it may take a few weeks to get the extension email. Would assume the May 17th flight will be cancelled.

Reactions: hinavin

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So here’s my question ... my friends husband came to Canada just today he just got his copr recently .... and he came from Pakistan with the repatriatedflight PIA .... without any question .. but how come from india they r saying we won’t allow u if u not a citizen how is this fair ??

is the vfs open after May 3 or that’s been extended too?
There was likely a spot available on the flight in Pakistan and that’s why the rules were relaxed. If the demand is too high in India the only people who will get a spot on the repatriation flights will be citizens and PRs and most likely high risk people will get first priority like elderly, healthcare workers, etc.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
So here’s my question ... my friends husband came to Canada just today he just got his copr recently .... and he came from Pakistan with the repatriatedflight PIA .... without any question .. but how come from india they r saying we won’t allow u if u not a citizen how is this fair ??

is the vfs open after May 3 or that’s been extended too?
Thats great Farah. I am also planning to do so. Please let me know did he face any issues with PIA while boarding the aircraft?

Please awaiting your reply.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Oh.That means we have a long way to go.
Yes it seems. We should appreciate the High Commission of Canada in India because of their update on FB of contacting us over email for next steps once commercial flights resume. Now when flights will resume is uncertain at present. It's a positive thing that they are monitoring the situation. Even if it would take long I don't think something bad would happen with approved CoPRs. As govt is accessing the situation we should also keep accessing ourselves to remain positive without impacting ourselves on physical, mental and financial levels.

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
I have not been following the news recently and can someone update if the exemptions for CoPR still active? I see flights are starting from Pakistan and am planning to travel soon.

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I have not been following the news recently and can someone update if the exemptions for CoPR still active? I see flights are starting from Pakistan and am planning to travel soon.
Yes Ali exemptions are axtive for all COPR Holders. But commercial flights are still unavailable. Where will you settle in?