Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Are you driving? If not do you need to take time off? I am hoping to just continue working remotely :D
I was actually planning to take remote.. :)
But officially my manager said I cannot go out of country and work from there, so trying to take leaves.
My concern was if I go over there without telling my managers but not able to come back to US then I don't know what will happen.. :)

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I was actually planning to take remote.. :)
But officially my manager said I cannot go out of country and work from there, so trying to take leaves.
My concern was if I go over there without telling my managers but not able to come back to US then I don't know what will happen.. :)
You know what - the manager (no intent of offence) does not truly comprehend what remote actually 'means'. :) Whats is the definition - 5 miles or 5000 miles - if you are remite you re REMOOOOOTE! no? As long as you are 'delivering' and agreed to do it 'remotely' how on earth does it matter whether you are working remotely from a McDonalds 2 miles from the office or from 5000 miles away! :) - change your boss - at first opportunity! he he

and don't listen to me! lol

God Bless!

Last edited:

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I received an email today from ircc etobicoke:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your permanent resident card once we receive it.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

For those who received this, do we have to sign ircc copy of the copr or no need? I will only send ircc copy plus 1 photo to the address of etobicoke ircc. We need to keep the client copy right?
Congratulations!
Did you have interview? Do you also have confirmed/processed COPR?

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
You know what - the manager (no intent of offence) does not truly comprehend what remote actually 'means'. :) Whats is the definition - 5 miles or 5000 miles - if you are remite you re REMOOOOOTE! no? As long as you are 'delivering' and agreed to do it 'remotely' how on earth does it matter whether you are working remotely from a McDonalds frew wifi 2 miles from the office (or HIS hoe lol) or 5000 miles! :) - change your boss - at first opportunity! he he

God Bless!
Yeah, but if I'm not able to come back to US (maybe CBP does not allow me to use AVR), then it would be a big issue for me as I would have violated company's policy. As long as everything goes smooth, it's fine; but just one wrong turn and everything goes bad.. :)

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
He stopped preparing for Indian Engineering entrance exams as we were moving.Now he is just not able to concentrate in studies again with this uncertainty
I relate to the feelings of your son so much! I am getting prepared for Engieering program as well and I also cannot focus on studies now. I haven't been doing any math for a month!
You said your profile was not changed, but I remember you spoke to IRCC representative on the phone and you were told that that they are reopening your profile? Or I misunderstood you?

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
no interview. They skipped that already. I have the copr with me
so you need to send them your COPR for processing/confirmation, right? It is important to keep your copy but processed/confirmed copy not blank one. I think you need to send them both, you should also sing them. Please call them before to make sure.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
so you need to send them your COPR for processing/confirmation, right? It is important to keep your copy but processed/confirmed copy not blank one. I think you need to send them both, you should also sing them. Please call them before to make sure.
@niko80 what exatly happens at landing interview, you get bath only one copy of the COPR and one copy of the goods to follow right?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
You know what - the manager (no intent of offence) does not truly comprehend what remote actually 'means'. :) Whats is the definition - 5 miles or 5000 miles - if you are remite you re REMOOOOOTE! no? As long as you are 'delivering' and agreed to do it 'remotely' how on earth does it matter whether you are working remotely from a McDonalds frew wifi 2 miles from the office (or HIS hoe lol) or 5000 miles! :) - change your boss - at first opportunity! he he

God Bless!
A lot of companies have strict policy of laptop going out of the country. Revolves about what kind of data do you work on, state laws, and IT infra policies.

Reactions: hinavin

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
exactly, 1 copy of processed corp and document about goods. have you already landed?
No have a meeting with immigration lawyer tomorrow to ask if I can travel back to US.
My H1 visa is not stamped, and I would need to use AVR to reenter :( .. it remains unclear if that's ok or not