+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Tomorrow morning, do you have any idea about coming back US on H1b.
I had called CBP yesterday morning - Land Border. They said we recommend you only travel if it is life and death situation as you the virus. But if you do come we will let you in and also doing AVR.

Would you be staying for 2 weeks?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had called CBP yesterday morning - Land Border. They said we recommend you only travel if it is life and death situation as you the virus. But if you do come we will let you in and also doing AVR.

They recommend that but IRCC recommend you land if you are able to travel. They are 2 different agencies. There are quite a few people still entering Canada but going into quarantine. Would still suggest that those who are able to travel before their COPR land before their COPR expiry date.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014

I am flying, I am mostly worried about coming back to US. I will stay for 2 weeks. What is AVR?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
They recommend that but IRCC recommend you land if you are able to travel. They are 2 different agencies. There are quite a few people still entering Canada but going into quarantine. Would still suggest that those who are able to travel before their COPR land before their COPR expiry date.
I also called CBSA and they were like do not come to Canada on COPR.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I am flying, I am mostly worried about coming back to US. I will stay for 2 weeks. What is AVR?
Automatic Visa revalidation. For anyone who has an expired visa stamp but still holds a valid i94 petition. They would let you in from Canada and Mexico if you come back within 30 days.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

mahinadnan

Sep 7, 2019
Hi I have a two important question:
My time to submit documents for PR is till June. However, medical assessment will not be possible since the appointed medical authority is closed. Atleast uptill now. I will add a screenshot and a LOE to prove the Canadian authority this information and then chances are, as already informed by the Canadian government, that I will get further 90 days to submit my medical.
1. Now I know that I'd have to make the payment to submit my application but is there a way I 'd be able to complete the rest of my documentation in the next 90 days that will be given to me (if medical is delayed) instead of completing them now (before June)? I ask this because my parents have to perform a gift deed to show proof of funds. We want to delay this as long as we can for a lot of reasons including not going to public places to collect all documentation to avoid the virus. But if there's a requirement to complete all documents and only have medical pending then we will complete all documents. However if there's any chance that I'd be able to complete all documentation in the next 90 days, i'd want to take that opportunity. Does anyone have any idea on this?
2. Also, can I make the payment of my EE application (CAD $1125) before completing all documentation?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Correction CoPR was expired on 18th April. You should keep in touch with your consultant or give a call IRCC about your application status. Please update here once you know the actual status of your application. Otherwise, it will just create confusion. Not sure how the emails are processed at IRCC (First In First Out or Last In First Out)
Off course I wud asa I get to know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also called CBSA and they were like do not come to Canada on COPR.
Did you reach out to CIC and ask if you will get an extension if you are able to enter Canada? Of course CBSA will recommend that people not travel. The issue is that others are landing from the US so it becomes very hard for you to ask for an extension because you were not able to enter Canada. Recommending that people not travel if possible is not the same as not being able to enter Canada. If you asked CBSA if they could guarantee that you will get an extension of your COPR because you were unable to enter from the US they will likely say no. CBSA are two separate agencies and one does not speak for the other. One may say don’t enter and the other may say yes you should enter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I have a two important question:
My time to submit documents for PR is till June. However, medical assessment will not be possible since the appointed medical authority is closed. Atleast uptill now. I will add a screenshot and a LOE to prove the Canadian authority this information and then chances are, as already informed by the Canadian government, that I will get further 90 days to submit my medical.
1. Now I know that I'd have to make the payment to submit my application but is there a way I 'd be able to complete the rest of my documentation in the next 90 days that will be given to me (if medical is delayed) instead of completing them now (before June)? I ask this because my parents have to perform a gift deed to show proof of funds. We want to delay this as long as we can for a lot of reasons including not going to public places to collect all documentation to avoid the virus. But if there's a requirement to complete all documents and only have medical pending then we will complete all documents. However if there's any chance that I'd be able to complete all documentation in the next 90 days, i'd want to take that opportunity. Does anyone have any idea on this?
2. Also, can I make the payment of my EE application (CAD $1125) before completing all documentation?
impossible to know when things will reopen.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
The reply you got also asked you not to send multiple emails and wait until you are contacted.
Yes it did .
My first webform was regarding the Canadian travel ban.
The second webform was a mere declaration that I was not able to fly as required by guidelines. It was not an enquiry. Had I not sent the second webform , it would don’t have been clear from my end that I was unable to fly .
Furthermore, the second webform had more evidence as to my efforts to fly. There is time span of around a month between two webforms .

Also , I don’t think that IRCC can be punitive if one sends a lot of webform .

I wouldn’t do anything differently. IRCC did what was in the guidelines and I quote .

• Expired COPR and PRV: If the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, officers are to re-open the application, and it should be brought forward for review in 90 days.

Last edited:

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I was not worried till I came to know abt someone whose copr expired on 20th April and his file was reopend on 22nd.Mine was expired 25th March.Mine and Rajiv's expiry date was same.Are they not reopening the files in chronological order!!
My application was opened and it says in progress. Not sure when they opened, randomly checked yesterday.