+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Damn that sucks buddy. When did your CoPR has expired? And what were your justification for not to travel?
It expired on 25th March.I had booking for 21st March which was the third attempt to fly.First was by Air China .But travel ban was imposed from 18th.So couldn't fly.I raised a web form on 25th too .For that I got automated response.Here embassy is closed or min staff.I expect to get a reply after 3rd May if the lock down is lifted.

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
entering US on H1 or J1 visa is not immigration.
The draft version is in progress for the executive order. But based on the comment on twitter, this is being done to protect jobs for citizens which I think will include anything related to work visas as well.

Ramj

Sep 1, 2018
Hey guys, quick question, I moved from my old apartment in Vancouver to my new apartment in Toronto by driving so there's a gap of about 7 days where I was in between addresses. What should I fill in for my address history in the personal section to avoid the whole "no gaps in address history" deal?
You can use either to be honest

pradhikap

Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys. My COPR expires on May 27th. We had planned to travel on April 24th but had to cancel the plan due this Corona pandemic. I have already requested for COPR extension via webform (probably 2-3 weeks back) but haven't got any reply yet. Have they given extension for anybody here? I heard that they are automatically extending for 90 days and that we need to do the medical assessment and police verification again. Is this true?

Apr 17, 2020
Hi guys. My COPR expires on May 27th. We had planned to travel on April 24th but had to cancel the plan due this Corona pandemic. I have already requested for COPR extension via webform (probably 2-3 weeks back) but haven't got any reply yet. Have they given extension for anybody here? I heard that they are automatically extending for 90 days and that we need to do the medical assessment and police verification again. Is this true?
Hi Pradhika, I have the same exact questions as you. I had planned to fly on 27th March and my COPR is expiring on 28th June. Now due to the lockdown, I could not fly. I am hoping to fly after 3rd May but I highly doubt that India is going to allow that. Atleast you have applied for the extension... I am yet to do that. But as you said, they are not responding so I am kind of getting worried now.

sanketdalal

Apr 20, 2020
Hi Sanket, I am in the same position as you. I had planned to fly on 27th March and my COPR is expiring on 28th June. Now due to the lockdown, I could not fly. I am hoping to fly after 3rd May but I highly doubt that India is going to allow that. I haven't applied for an extension yet, have you?
Hi, yes I did raise a webform mentioning that I wont be able to travel. I got a generic response from them but nothing specific reply yet!!!
They are taking time in responding to webforms. I got a generic response after 10 days.

Apr 17, 2020
Hi, I´m in the same boat, my COPR also expires in August. I decided to wait until end of june/early july to see how the situation evolves in Canada and also in my country. Furthermore, IRCC may be already overwhelmed by e-mails from people with expired or soon to expire COPRs and that e-mail would be in vain if we get the best scenario (not having to send a webform at all). =)
Hello, I am in the same boat as you. My PR is expiring on 28th June. I am an Indian and currently India is under lockdown till May 3rd hence there are travel restrictions put in place till then. I am worried that this travel restriction date may increase till June or possibly even July. Therefore, I am contemplating whether I should apply for an extension (since the Canadian govt is taking very long to respond, understandably) or whether I should wait and see how the situation unfolds.

I am so clueless as to what is the right approach to navigate this situation.

Any suggestions will be welcomed, thank you.

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking to, hold off until end of June to see what transpires before sending a webform. I just was not sure if we were supposed to send it now since we made an attempt to land but could not due to travel restrictions and have to prove it.
Even though you made an attempt to land recently I think you should wait. Perhaps we can all land before the expiry date in our COPRs or, if not, you can justify that it’s still not possible and also mention that first attempt to land. Honestly, I think IRCC will work just on expired COPRs, they won’t bother on valid COPRs until they become
expired.

Reactions: Nivo0811

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Hello, I am in the same boat as you. My PR is expiring on 28th June. I am an Indian and currently India is under lockdown till May 3rd hence there are travel restrictions put in place till then. I am worried that this travel restriction date may increase till June or possibly even July. Therefore, I am contemplating whether I should apply for an extension (since the Canadian govt is taking very long to respond, understandably) or whether I should wait and see how the situation unfolds.

I am so clueless as to what is the right approach to navigate this situation.

Any suggestions will be welcomed, thank you.
Hi, as I mentionend to Nivo0811, I think we should wait a little more...although the country I live is not in lockdown (I live in Brazil), there are almost no options to travel to Canada and tickets are sooo expensive now. It´s just too risky to travel, having to go through airports, airplanes and all the dificulties regarding the mandatory quaratine after landing. In my opinion, sending webform now is useless for us, as our COPRs are still valid and there are some months untill the expiry date. Hold on my friend...we are all anxious about the pandemic and the uncertainty of all this situation, but it´s something that is out of our hands and I strongly believe IRCC will take that into account and won´t reject an extension.

Apr 17, 2020
Hi, as I mentionend to Nivo0811, I think we should wait a little more...although the country I live is not in lockdown (I live in Brazil), there are almost no options to travel to Canada and tickets are sooo expensive now. It´s just too risky to travel, having to go through airports, airplanes and all the dificulties regarding the mandatory quaratine after landing. In my opinion, sending webform now is useless for us, as our COPRs are still valid and there are some months untill the expiry date. Hold on my friend...we are all anxious about the pandemic and the uncertainty of all this situation, but it´s something that is out of our hands and I strongly believe IRCC will take that into account and won´t reject an extension.

Hello, thank you very very much for your response. It is very helpful and supportive. Thank you for replying, I will certainly keep it in mind. All the best to you! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Be careful. If you able to travel but would have to go into quarantine that doesn’t mean you can’t travel. There have been no clarification about people who can travel but don’t want to.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Pradhika, I have the same exact questions as you. I had planned to fly on 27th March and my COPR is expiring on 28th June. Now due to the lockdown, I could not fly. I am hoping to fly after 3rd May but I highly doubt that India is going to allow that. Atleast you have applied for the extension... I am yet to do that. But as you said, they are not responding so I am kind of getting worried now.
June 28th is quite far away. Would wait and see if the borders open in Canada and in India and whether CIC makes any clarification regarding extensions.

Reactions: edgarjstephens