+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
Hey guys, quick question, I moved from my old apartment in Vancouver to my new apartment in Toronto by driving so there's a gap of about 7 days where I was in between addresses. What should I fill in for my address history in the personal section to avoid the whole "no gaps in address history" deal?

ajayreddy90

Dec 15, 2019
Thanks for the response.

I think self quarantine does not have any restrictions if it is a known person's destination until and unless they have any health issues or symptomatic. This is what I see based on the online self-quarantine form. Did you see source which specifies quarantine with known people is not allowed? just trying to get insight into the aspect.

Hi Ajay,

I checked with CBP for AVR and they said you can use it via flights. But the truth is, nobody knows what will happen after 2 weeks.
I was planning to travel in first week of May, but I am now planning to get extension rather than taking risk.

Also, as per the latest updates, you cannot self-isolate with your known. You have to tell the self-isolation plan to CBSA officer, if they are not satisfied with the plan, they can force you to Govt. approved quarantine facility (a hotel) for quarantine. Better to defer the travel plan if you can.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
When traveling back from Canada to US, are we checked for visa only on Canadian side or also when arrive in US? I mean is it possible that we fly and reach US but can not enter?

mayar-123456789

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Congratulations on a positive reply from IRCC.
Actually, I have applied through consultant and used his email ID in the Express Entry. However I have raised the webform using my email ID. Also, I have received a generic response on my webform on my personal email ID. Didn't receive any specific reply yet.

Did you receive both the replies (generic one and the more specific reply) on the same email ID?

Congratulations

i got this response today

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time.

Sincerely,
i think its automated but lets pray for the best of all of us

psato

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Med's Request
17-08-2019
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Hi Everyone,
COPR expires August 8, 2020. Should I still raise a webform or should I hold on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I´m in the same boat, my COPR also expires in August. I decided to wait until end of june/early july to see how the situation evolves in Canada and also in my country. Furthermore, IRCC may be already overwhelmed by e-mails from people with expired or soon to expire COPRs and that e-mail would be in vain if we get the best scenario (not having to send a webform at all). =)

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
When traveling back from Canada to US, are we checked for visa only on Canadian side or also when arrive in US? I mean is it possible that we fly and reach US but can not enter?
The immigration is at the Canadian side, Nothing on the US side.

jefferson12

Apr 5, 2020
Congratulations on a positive reply from IRCC.
Actually, I have applied through consultant and used his email ID in the Express Entry. However I have raised the webform using my email ID. Also, I have received a generic response on my webform on my personal email ID. Didn't receive any specific reply yet.

Did you receive both the replies (generic one and the more specific reply) on the same email ID?
Congratulations! Everything indicates that it is best to notify them one week before CoPR expires or after it is already expired. Apparently people who are raising webform way before the CoPR expiration date are receiving automatic responses.

Reactions: aurelero

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, I´m in the same boat, my COPR also expires in August. I decided to wait until end of june/early july to see how the situation evolves in Canada and also in my country. Furthermore, IRCC may be already overwhelmed by e-mails from people with expired or soon to expire COPRs and that e-mail would be in vain if we get the best scenario (not having to send a webform at all). =)
Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking to, hold off until end of June to see what transpires before sending a webform. I just was not sure if we were supposed to send it now since we made an attempt to land but could not due to travel restrictions and have to prove it.

raga25

Mar 19, 2020
Thanks for the response.

I think self quarantine does not have any restrictions if it is a known person's destination until and unless they have any health issues or symptomatic. This is what I see based on the online self-quarantine form. Did you see source which specifies quarantine with known people is not allowed? just trying to get insight into the aspect.
I am in the same boat and planning to do my landing, live at a friend's place for two weeks and fly back into US. Where did you find the online quarantine form, can you share that please!!

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
To anyone looking at airbnbs during landing at Canada... I contacted a family for their listing for a period of 2 weeks. Here is a response I received:- "
Ontario has banned Airbnb for short term rental during this emergency period. Unless it is needed for housing due to the emergency. We would need confirmation from you that you are indeed in need of housing due to having to quarantine. "

I see this is a good response and they seem to be accepting stays as long as the stay is for housing during the emergency.

Reactions: raga25

nkv2411

Jan 7, 2018
When did you open the webform? - Are you saying they also extended your medicals?
Ah no... His post mentioned about an automated reply...
I was referring to that...
I opened my webform last week.. Sorry for the confusion

We have received your enquiry concerning your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document that has expired or will soon expire. We are currently making additional verifications in order to respond to your request.

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients. All our efforts are dedicated to answering your concerns as the situation evolves. However, it may take some time before a response is sent to you.

In an effort to reduce duplicate requests, please refrain from sending your enquiry multiple times. Rest assured that we will communicate with you as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, we invite you to visit our website regularly to obtain the most up-to-date information.