+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, check with your consultant. You will know in your CIC account. The final status of approved will be removed. But I believe this will start happening once lockdown is lifted in India.
If he’s using a paid representative, he’ll not be able to see updates about his application in his CIC account.

Reactions: adhillon88

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Below is the response I got. They did not mention that they are reopening the application. Everything will depend on when the travel restrictions are eased out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply from NDVO

Good day,
Thank you for your e-mail. As already stated below, if your COPR counterfoil expires prior to being able to travel, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken in order to travel to Canada after commercial flights become available. Please do not send repeat requests as we are operating with limited staff.
For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you cannot find the answer through the information and helpful links on our facebook page.
Please read this:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Reactions: Lmac4

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I ve actually booked , New Delhi - Warsaw - Toronto for 16 th April, this would be my third attempt to fly . copr expiry on 18 April .
When did you book?

I think international travel is restricted till April 30. so it won't be easy for you to fly out. You can definitely get an extension on your copr.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
When did you book?

I think international travel is restricted till April 30. so it won't be easy for you to fly out. You can definitely get an extension on your copr.
The only confirmed news that I have is Air India is not booking flights till April 30. There is no confirmed travel ban after 15 . The decision will be taken few days prior to 15 th April .
I booked the flight few days back . I know the chances are bleak . But just so I can be peaceful after expiry of Copr , I booked the flight. I was troubled by the fact of facing a situation where I could have flown but didn’t fly .

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
The only confirmed news that I have is Air India is not booking flights till April 30. There is no confirmed travel ban after 15 . The decision will be taken few days prior to 15 th April .
I booked the flight few days back . I know the chances are bleak . But just so I can be peaceful after expiry of Copr , I booked the flight. I was troubled by the fact of facing the situation where I could have flown but didn’t fly .
Even if there is no extension on the lockdown, international travel will not resume straight away after a lockdown. They will definitely put restrictions and will not make it easy to fly out.

Don't try to rush out to complete your landing because situation is not good in Canada either.You have a very strong case and should get an extension.So don't stress too much :)

DarthVader_11

Apr 5, 2020
@MelCan2020 hi I am in the same situation you were in. I went to the airport but they denied me boarding saying my travel was non-essential even though my Copr expires in April. Can you please let me know why you were exempt? Thanks!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@MelCan2020 hi I am in the same situation you were in. I went to the airport but they denied me boarding saying my travel was non-essential even though my Copr expires in April. Can you please let me know why you were exempt? Thanks!
Have you reached out to IRCC about this. That's suitable grounds for exemption imo. Send them any proof you have that you were denied boarding. Good luck

Any1222

Nov 12, 2019
Hello,
My COPR expires on 12th May,2020 and I was set to travel on april 24th, but my flight has been cancelled. I raised webform and received response to contact local visa office for same, I reached out via email as there is no Telephone number to the office, and have not yet receieved any response. I only received email receipt confirmation, not sure if I should wait or contact Ottawa office. Also, I will not be able to make this travel for coming 6 months as my country of residence has travel restriction and I won't be let in, If i make this travel within 6 month period. Please advise.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Who denied you boarding?

Guys, unless something has changed since the exemptions were introduced on March 26, no one can deny you boarding. IRCC have already provided exemptions for COPR holders.

What date is your COPR and PR visa if applicable?

Last edited:

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Is there a way we can find our past webforms and what we’ve sent? Like is on our application somewhere ?? Any help in finding these would be greatly appreciated ! :)

Sweta Sonal

Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone. Need suggestion. My Visa is expiring on the 17th April and travel ban in India will be lifted on 14th, hence I only have 2 days window to travel and I desperately want to do soft landing and get my PR status activated. Since I have to stay in quarantine, I will have to stay there for 15 days. With the above plan what could be the challenges I may face?

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
I booked the flight few days back . I know the chances are bleak . But just so I can be peaceful after expiry of Copr , I booked the flight. I was troubled by the fact of facing a situation where I could have flown but didn’t fly .
Exactly!!!

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi everyone. Need suggestion. My Visa is expiring on the 17th April and travel ban in India will be lifted on 14th, hence I only have 2 days window to travel and I desperately want to do soft landing and get my PR status activated. Since I have to stay in quarantine, I will have to stay there for 15 days. With the above plan what could be the challenges I may face?
How will you go.

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Will the transit flights not need transit visas like the one at London airport.with copr expiring on April 26, it seems v vv tough to travel

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
most likey there wont be flights from india till 30th apr.