+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I got the following reply in which giving extension was mentioned from the point of view of those who may take time to complete next step of their ongoing process like medical and passport submission. Please read the reply below:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The resumption of services at the Visa Application Centres, or travel restrictions are subject to authorization from local government authorities.

In the meantime, individuals who have applied for a visitor visa, a work permit, a study permit or for permanent residence, but cannot complete the next steps in the process on time due to coronavirus (COVID‑19) situation in your country of residence, your application will not have their application refused solely on the basis of not completing these requests. More time (extensions) will automatically be provided to applicants in these situations.

Please see the additional special measures implemented here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Examples of the next steps include:

· submitting passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate

· completing an immigration medical examination

· submitting biometrics

Extensions are automatic, please do not write to the visa office to request an extension or to request confirmation. We have insufficient resources available at the present time to respond to this type of inquiry. We will not send you an updated request letter.

Please monitor the special measures link above and once it is possible to complete these requests, applicants are encouraged to do so as soon as possible to avoid further delays.

I raised a webform on 17th, still waiting for reply. May be because my CoPR expires on 8th May, they didn't bother to revert. Anyways keeping fingers crossed !!

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Hi,
MY COPR expires on 5th May and I am from India, will not be able to travel till 14th April due to travel restrictions imposed by Indian Government. Need guidance whether i should raise web form and inform IRCC about the same now or should i do it after 14th April depending upon the situation
You have time before your COPR expires. Wait till the 14th to see how situation changes and then move forward with the best possible course of action. No need to worry right now. There are lot more people who have COPR expiring way before you. It's better to not overburden IRCC with web forms if avoidable like in your case.

Reactions: Dia89

dennisdennis

Feb 5, 2020
Hell guys,i think we should all just have patience with all this things,i know a lots of you have waited this long to get your COPR,i believe IRCC can not cancel all they have given because of this COVID 19,it is even a risk to land in Canada we don't know who has the Virus,please stay safe to enjoy your life in Canada,the Virus will soon clear off it is just a matter of time.Cheers guys

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Guys, since exemptions have been placed for COPR holders, who is planning to travel to Canada on their COPR and PRV?
My COPR Expires on 23rd April. I already quit my job so I am planning to go. I have not booked ticket yet will do it soon. I am from India.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Are there dirrect flights from Dubai or any other city to Canada? If ban is lifted in my country after 15th of April, I was hoping to fly through UAE, but Emirates and Flydubai offer tickets only from 30th of April. Are you guys closed till 30th of April?
Another option for me is through Delhi by Air India (Air Canada tickets are damn expensive), if India lifts it ban after 14th.
What routes are you going to use if you fly from India or UAE provided that Europe is closed?
During normal days, we do have direct flights from Dubai to Toronto with Emirates and from Abu Dhabi to Toronto with Etihad Airlines.
At the moment there is no confirmation on when flights will resume. The country is not under complete lockdown, but only for two weeks with a chance of extension.
For now, all inbound and outbound flights are banned. My initial plan was to fly via Amsterdam, but Europe is out of the question now. Depending on when flights resume, will plan ahead.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Than
You have time before your COPR expires. Wait till the 14th to see how situation changes and then move forward with the best possible course of action. No need to worry right now. There are lot more people who have COPR expiring way before you. It's better to not overburden IRCC with web forms if avoidable like in your case.
Thanx

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Guys, since exemptions have been placed for COPR holders, who is planning to travel to Canada on their COPR and PRV?
Mine expires on the 18th of April. Lockdown here till 14th April. I am most likely not going to travel before it expires. Hopefully an extension is put into place and doesn't take much time to review by them.

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
I might travel once the travel ban in my country is lifted. Although I'm genuinely concerned about potential health risks.
When are you planning to travel and from which country?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
During normal days, we do have direct flights from Dubai to Toronto with Emirates and from Abu Dhabi to Toronto with Etihad Airlines.
At the moment there is no confirmation on when flights will resume. The country is not under complete lockdown, but only for two weeks with a chance of extension.
For now, all inbound and outbound flights are banned. My initial plan was to fly via Amsterdam, but Europe is out of the question now. Depending on when flights resume, will plan ahead.
I initially was also going to travel through Amsterdam or Germany. Not anymore. Looks like the ban in my country will be extended and I will not be able to fly.

rt0308

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hi Guys,I got my visa stamping done on 16th March and the CIC account shows approved status dated 17th March.As per the IRCC updates,anyone whose permanent residency is approved before 16th march can travel.I am doubtful if i am allowed to travel now or not.Can any one suggest.