+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
Even if the flight isn't cancelled, it is highly unlikely that you'll be allowed to board unless you fall under the exemptions mentioned in various previous posts. If you simply hold a COPR and are not an immediate family member to a PR/CC (or any of the other conditions listed here https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en) you probably will not be able to board under the current circumstances and risk refusal at POE. You can ask IRCC for guidance should this last beyond your COPR expiry.
So what should I answer here:

Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?

Yes

No

IMPORTANT: If you’re currently being impacted by COVID-19, answer No to this question.

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Something helpful or confirming:

"Confirmation of Permanent Resident Document
If you have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) document and you have not yet travelled to Canada and had your landing interview, you are still a foreign national. If your counterfoil expires prior to the travel restrictions being lifted, you do not need to email us as you will receive communication from our office on the next steps to be taken once full service resumes."

Source: https://m.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/travel-and-visa-advisory-covid-19/3087838001268813/

Indian High Commission of Canada

Reactions: Islander216

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
Guys can anybody just explain what should I write in the web form. Step by step. Again I am outside of Canada as most of you. I have COPR and flight tickets for April 10 that haven't been cancelled yet. My COPR expires lil bit than 2 months. But we were ready to fly and as many of you sold everything that we had, quit our jobs and been just waiting to travel. and for now living with our family. We don't even have our own apartment.

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Reactions: Jojorabbit

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
The only
To be honest I don't know what OIC is. What I understand for sure is, any communication of this sort should reflect in an IRCC message / post. I had written to the Canadian High Commission, just got their reply. Even they didn't mention this June 30 thing. All they said was (and it's rather useless really) keep checking for messages or updates from IRCC.
The only reason people are believing the info is because it appeared in the governor of Canada website and it's a recent update

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Is someone from Canadian officials are going to announce or clarify this June 30 stuff? it seems like they try to hide it!
Exactly my thoughts. The "order" has been around for 48 hours. How come it doesn't reflect in IRCC. Not to mention Canadian press.

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Very unlikely at this stage unless you meet certain exceptions.
I raised this question to IRCC and visa office. for now I do not have a clear answer. why? I dont know, maybe they are going to chnage it, maybe not, or maybe we should just wait until they lift the retsrictions.

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Landed in Toronto from Boston:
  • CoPR's cannot enter Canada until June 30th from any country except the USA.
  • Only Canadians and family of Canadians/PR can enter
  • Family includes, spouse, dependent children and parents
  • If you have not travelled to any country outside of the USA and Canada in the past 14 days, you can enter Canada with a CoPR by FLIGHT ONLY.
  • Regardless of citizenship, if you're residing in USA and have not left the country or travelled abroad, you can enter Canada to confirm your CoPR by plane only.

Reactions: BJ007

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
  • If you have not travelled to any country outside of the USA and Canada in the past 14 days, you can enter Canada with a CoPR by FLIGHT ONLY.
  • Regardless of citizenship, if you're residing in USA and have not left the country or travelled abroad, you can enter Canada to confirm your CoPR by plane only.
Buddy - Can we return by the next flight to USA as well? Or do we need to stay in isolation?

Ethan07

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
where did you get these information? source please buddy