+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Yeah I had called same number and she didn't say anything like that -maybe things are evolving every minute.

What do you plan to do?
she said we can travel by air, flight? it may depend on person who is responding. i would book a flight for the weekend

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Just talked to another agent - what can i say yeah I called again :).

This time the agent was very polite, she said if you are in the USA, you can come over here and complete landing formality. I asked about quartine, she said Canada doesn't force anyone you can return to USA as long as US customs allow you to return back.
This is good to know, thank you for sharing this information.
I called the same number, they told me "As of now you can land, but situation is changing rapidly".

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I just called this number and lady said you need to confirm with your airline if it is allowing you to board the plane.

I asked what if we land as it is a cinfirmed ticket as of now and CBSA agents dont let us in, then she said COPR Holders aren't entitled entry as per Trudeau's statement.

And finally she said they are awaiting some clarification on this matter today. Which would clarify the confusion.

Reactions: aurelero

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
My COPR and visa will expire on 1st April 2020 , It very difficult for me to land right now due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
I Have sent the web form twice but got no reply so far.

I am very anxious and worried because i dont want to loose my COPR , do anyone knows whether they will extend out COPRs or no ?

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
My COPR and visa will expire on 1st April 2020 , It very difficult for me to land right now due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

I am very anxious and worried because i dont want to loose my COPR , do anyone knows whether they will extend out COPRs or no ?
Adam you should take next flight and travel this is what I suggest you. They wont respond Webform because thousands of people must be raising their queries.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019

I think it is almost certain they will, that is what they have clearly stated on the website. But will probably take a while to respond to webform.
August is a long time in the future, you should be fine.

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
My COPR will expire on 01.04.2020 and i was scheduled to fly from Mum to YVR on 19.03.2020. As per my understanding -
  1. CoPR is not allowed entry post 16th announcement as it is not considered PR.
  2. Called IRCC and they confirmed that CoPR is not PR but they were not clear about the new announcement on boarder closure.
  3. web form raised in view of current situation citing the reason. Does it require any documentary proofs in form of cancellation of tickets?

Any other updated related to CoPR whose validity expiring by next 2-3 weeks, pl guide your PoA.
my COPR will expire on the 1st of April too , I hope they would expand the deadline for us.

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I think it is almost certain they will, that is what they have clearly stated on the website. But will probably take a while to respond to webform.
August is a long time in the future, you should be fine.
Buddy, that is specific case for people not being able to travel to Canada.

Due to yesterday's statement, things have taken a sharp turn. Now people arent able to travel due to Canada's decision. Different scenarion

Yes mate lets see

Reactions: aurelero

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Buddy, that is specific case for people not being able to travel to Canada.

Due to yesterday's statement, things have taken a sharp turn. Now people arent able to travel due to Canada's decision. Different scenarion

Yes mate lets see
Yes it is specific to people not able to travel, that includes everybody now :)
Previously it was just Chinese and Iranian nationals, now with the shutdown, its the whole world

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
It is a really tough situation for me and people with similar situation.
I worked very hard to get my COPR , and now the world is ending

i will never travel in these situations , i am worried about myself too , i have Asthma
I am sure the government of Canada will support us and give us a more flexible timeline

sanchit1234

Feb 6, 2020
It is a really tough situation for me and people with similar situation.
I worked very hard to get my COPR , and now the world is ending

i will never travel in these situations , i am worried about myself too , i have Asthma
I am sure the government of Canada will support us and give us a more flexible timeline
Hey, I’m in the same boat. COPR expiring the first week of April. Sent them 2 webforms today, but no reply ! I’m sure, they will take some time with reply. Tried calling them too, but no reply - “too many people calling

When did you send the webform ? Also, where are you travelling from ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey, I’m in the same boat. COPR expiring the first week of April. Sent them 2 webforms today, but no reply ! I’m sure, they will take some time with reply. Tried calling them too, but no reply - “too many people calling

When did you send the webform ? Also, where are you travelling from ?
Their North American Helpline does not have any information on whether foreign nationals with valid COPRs/TRVs will be allowed to enter Canada.
Hopefully they will have more information soon. They did say that it would be prudent to postpone your plans for at-least 2 weeks, and then see what the situation is like.

No point submitting multiple webform inquiries. They will respond to all of them eventually.