+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Yes though it seems that is self enforced "self isolation", so not sure how strict or well enforced it is.

Do you also interpret this to mean that non US citizens can travel from US to Canada as long as they have resided in US/Canada for last 14 days? :)
absolutely, it is clear now

Reactions: ryeCatcher

kxyuan90

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
That guy is the transportation minister, was also retweeted by the PMs twitter.
He not only mentions flights from US but clearly mentions "foreign nationals coming from the US"

But yes I agree it is still unclear. If the situation becomes clear by tomorrow that it does not apply to foreign nationals in the US, I will probably take a flight to Canada tomorrow from the US since it starts from 12 noon Wednesday the 18th.
Gramaticaly, it does not include the foreign nationals who reside in USA for over 14 days.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Gramaticaly, it does not include the foreign nationals who reside in USA for over 14 days.
I am not sure what you mean, but here is further clarification :

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

For practical purposes, the denial of boarding would apply to:

• all foreign nationals on flights to Canada other than trans-border flights, and
  • any foreign national on a trans-border flight who has resided outside the US and Canada in the last 14 days.
In simple terms, you cannot board a plane to Canada if you have been outside of Canada or the United States in the last 14 days, unless you are a Canadian Citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident or in transit to a 3rd country.
To me this means that all foreign nationals (not just US citizens) traveling from the US can indeed take the flight from US -> Canada

kmuhammadsaad

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
It
I am aware of that. It still applies. If you are unable to fly before your COPR expires, then you just update them in the webform. Once you are able to fly (when the border opens), then you just submit new medical and police documents.
It also says, if you can travel do it by all means. Doesn't say you cannot travel on copr