+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

100perpur

May 31, 2019
Hi everyone, Please advise, My COPR was approved Pre-March 2020. Expired Sep 2020. Still waiting for any communication. I have submitted multiple Web forms, called, but get generic automated replies, Could anyone please guide me on how to best approach this? What other steps can I take to kickstart the process? Thank you for your help.

Curry100

Aug 19, 2021
Hi everyone, Please advise, My COPR was approved Pre-March 2020. Expired Sep 2020. Still waiting for any communication. I have submitted multiple Web forms, called, but get generic automated replies, Could anyone please guide me on how to best approach this? What other steps can I take to kickstart the process? Thank you for your help.
Hi there, I’m in the same situation as you. I’m also pre March. Did you receive the 60 day departure email? Perhaps you weren’t able to travel within that time frame like myself. I received that December 2020 and nothing since! Status as per June 2022 is just approved. I called the CIC like a couple of months ago in which I was told they were looking to extend my medicals. What VO are you?

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello, After a great struggle I have got my COPR issued for all family members. Biggest question is I have got different validities for me and my dependents.
Mine is June 20 and for my wife and kid it is 8 Aug.
Can we both land separately before our respective due dates or Is it mandatory that all family members should travel together? Then why different validity dates are given?

Reactions: Tahhi

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hello, After a great struggle I have got my COPR issued for all family members. Biggest question is I have got different validities for me and my dependents.
Can we both land separately before our respective due dates or Is it mandatory that all family members should travel together? Then why different validity dates are given?
Many Congratulations!! I Its okay if we travel separately but your dependents can`t arrive in Canada before you. They must arrive with you or after you. Validity differs due to medical approval dates. Me, my wife & kid all had different validity dates.

100perpur

May 31, 2019
Hi there, I’m in the same situation as you. I’m also pre March. Did you receive the 60 day departure email? Perhaps you weren’t able to travel within that time frame like myself. I received that December 2020 and nothing since! Status as per June 2022 is just approved. I called the CIC like a couple of months ago in which I was told they were looking to extend my medicals. What VO are you?
Hi, I did not receive 60 day departure email either. Basically I haven’t received any communication whatsoever. I regularly check my spam as well. I called them and they told me my application is still active and that I should wait. My VO is Ottawa. I recently applied for GCMS notes and submitted another Webform.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Congratulations!

You can land alone, and get followed by your family.
Generally, dates difference might be caused by different VM dates or passport validity.

BR.

@Jack@

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Hey guys, just sent my passport for stamping and COPR. For about 1 week, the status has been stuck at "has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office". The last time, IRCC took 2-3 days to approve.

Does it usually take this long?

Maybe its paranoia, but I just want to know, is anyone else in the same boat?
Hello,
Could you please tell me that after sending your passport for stamping, how many days it took to dispatch?

CarlCoco

Jan 28, 2020
Hello,
Could you please tell me that after sending your passport for stamping, how many days it took to dispatch?
Recent trend shows it takes approx. 15 days. Yes, the status will be stuck at that and then revised to passport dispatched when the final decision has been made.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Congratulations!

You can land alone, and get followed by your family.
Generally, dates difference might be caused by different VM dates or passport validity.

BR.
Thank you, Another quick question - What if I travel first and accompany my family when they are coming by Aug? Will that be possible after my first landing in June. What if I did not get PR card before Aug? Will I be allowed to enter canada again without PR card and read somewhere that landing letters will be sufficient to enter back? Any thoughts around this?

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Thank you, Another quick question - What if I travel first and accompany my family when they are coming by Aug? Will that be possible after my first landing in June. What if I did not get PR card before Aug? Will I be allowed to enter canada again without PR card and read somewhere that landing letters will be sufficient to enter back? Any thoughts around this?
Hi,
You will need to give an address in Canada for your PR card to be sent (e.g. a friend or family/someone you can trust). And I believe the PR card takes about 4+ months to be issued.
If you plan to do a soft landing, you will need your friend/family to mail out the PR card. You can't enter back into Canada without a PR card.
Another option is to apply for a PRTD (Permanent Resident Transfer Document) through VAC/VFS stating you lost the PR card and use that to travel back to Canada. Not sure where you read but see this link.

If you're doing a soft landing then, I would advise you and your family travel together at the earliest and get the landing done to avoid an unnecessary complications.

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi,
You will need to give an address in Canada for your PR card to be sent (e.g. a friend or family/someone you can trust). And I believe the PR card takes about 4+ months to be issued.
If you plan to do a soft landing, you will need your friend/family to mail out the PR card. You can't enter back into Canada without a PR card.
Another option is to apply for a PRTD (Permanent Resident Transfer Document) through VAC/VFS stating you lost the PR card and use that to travel back to Canada. Not sure where you read but see this link.

If you're doing a soft landing then, I would advise you and your family travel together at the earliest and get the landing done to avoid an unnecessary complications.
4+ months to get the card?? or is it 4 + weeks? I was hoping to get in few weeks... This is shocking to know

tomx420

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
Last edited: