+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

nkv2411

Jan 7, 2018
You know, i agree with you. To be honest, now that i think of it, we're going to take a risk to go there. An extension would have been better.

Just please everyone be careful. Use a mask, stay away from people, and wipe down surfaces like your plane seat. And most importantly, wash your hands repeatedly.
Technically it is right from the IRCC point of view... Like as he mentions some of them may not be in a situation to continue where they are..
There could be people who had given up their current lives to move there.. At least for them they can continue to go ahead... For others who can afford to extend can do so which is still maintained by the IRCC.. Either case a leap of faith needs to be taken and backed up by self... Stay safe and All the best to who take the decision to fly..

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Technically it is right from the IRCC point of view... Like as he mentions some of them may not be in a situation to continue where they are..
There could be people who had given up their current lives to move there.. At least for them they can continue to go ahead... For others who can afford to extend can do so which is still maintained by the IRCC.. Either case a leap of faith needs to be taken and backed up by self... Stay safe and All the best to who take the decision to fly..
Exactly. And giving extensions would only stress out the already tensed immigratikn authorities. The work load and pilling up of files.

Welcome decision. Ball is in client's court. Whenever they want to fly at their convenience.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to state again that whilst most will consider this good news just keep in mind the 14 day self isolation requirement for ALL new arrivals. Being a new immigrant in a new country will be hard enough with all the things to be done let alone fact many businesses will be closed ,but if you are not allowed or supposed to go anywhere for 14 days that makes life very challenging unless have immediate family support or other resident contacts.

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
This is a huge relief! :D

March 20, 2020—Ottawa—The Government of Canada is providing an update on travel restrictions put in place to stem the spread of COVID-19.

Exemptions to the air travel restrictions will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home, and travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions.

The exemptions include

• seasonal agricultural workers, fish/seafood workers, caregivers and all other temporary foreign workers
  • international students who held a valid study permit, or had been approved for a study permit, when the travel restrictions took effect on March 18, 2020
  • permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
This is a huge relief! :D

March 20, 2020—Ottawa—The Government of Canada is providing an update on travel restrictions put in place to stem the spread of COVID-19.

Exemptions to the air travel restrictions will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home, and travel by these individuals will be considered essential travel for land border restrictions.

The exemptions include

• seasonal agricultural workers, fish/seafood workers, caregivers and all other temporary foreign workers
  • international students who held a valid study permit, or had been approved for a study permit, when the travel restrictions took effect on March 18, 2020
  • permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada
Also -

Those affected by these exemptions should not try to travel to Canada immediately. We will announce when the exemptions are in place, which we anticipate will be early next week.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
if you are in india.. then how you gonna fly? international flights are banned from 22nd to 29th march. its really tight! only if you are in india now
I have again booked flight on 30th March. Let's see.

Mj85mj

Oct 10, 2019
Just to state again that whilst most will consider this good news just keep in mind the 14 day self isolation requirement for ALL new arrivals. Being a new immigrant in a new country will be hard enough with all the things to be done let alone fact many businesses will be closed ,but if you are not allowed or supposed to go anywhere for 14 days that makes life very challenging unless have immediate family support or other resident contacts.
What if I am planning to stay less than 14 days? Can I leave before that?

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

My COPR will expire on April 6 and although the news announced by IRCC is a relief, I am staying in the UAE which has a travel restriction in place till April 1 which means that I wouldn’t be able to return even if I travelled to Canada next week. The UAE might renew the travel restrictions upon expiry on April 1 which would make it even more difficult considering my COPR is expiring in a few days.
Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What if I am planning to stay less than 14 days? Can I leave before that?
Good question cannot answer but something you need to ask CBSA on entry. Good luck with geting a flight in next couple of months given airlines are cutting schedules and staff. Even flights already booked are subject to cancellation so you need to take this into account both for outbound and return given if the latter you could be stuck