+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Man that's sad to hear, but good news is Emirates Airline will refund your money back, not like Etihad, My CoPR is expiring on 01/Sep/2020 as well, better to change the date and get something 1st week on July.
Hi @FJK1982
When are you planning to travel? Emirates has announced that they are starting scheduled flights to Toronto from 21st May. But for passengers who intend to return to UAE, they need to get an approval from ICA to board the plane.
For those with a one-way outbound ticket from UAE, don't need ICA approval

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
I need to come back immediately. Could you please tell me more about your travel arrangements? By air or land?
Did you receive your CORP after March 18th? I thought you're not allowed to pass the border.
Also, aren't you worried about re-entry to the U.S. I am on J1 multiple visa.
Flight, Airbnb for 15 days, COPR issued before March 18th.
For the re-entry I specifically asked CBP about this and here's what they said in their email:

'Again, the recent border restrictions affect land travel. They do not affect travelers entering by air, freight rail, or sea.'

Reactions: ma_du

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Guys, Please wait untill the situation eases. If you come here now with the current job market it would be an added pressure to everyone whose coming in for landing. They have clearly mention that COPR will be extended. I dont know why everyone is rushing to do their landing ?

I am currently based in Canada and can definitely confirm things arent that great in regards to the job market.

All the best .
Isn’t it fair to be with ur spouse in this situation? I understand job wise but having my husband overseas is more stressful for me than the coronavirus or job Prblem !!!

DIJ2

Mar 21, 2020
Hi Everyone

I will be moving permanently to Canada from U.S in July. Once I land at Toronto airport, how soon and where can I apply for SIN? Is it at the airport or a separate office?

I read at a forum here that you need a physical PR card(which will probably take 2 months to reach at my friend's address after July) to apply for SIN? I hope that's not correct since if I get a job there in Canada, I will need SIN to work from July end/August beginning. And the PR card won't arrive till October

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

I will be moving permanently to Canada from U.S in July. Once I land at Toronto airport, how soon and where can I apply for SIN? Is it at the airport or a separate office?

I read at a forum here that you need a physical PR card(which will probably take 2 months to reach at my friend's address after July) to apply for SIN? I hope that's not correct since if I get a job there in Canada, I will need SIN to work from July end/August beginning. And the PR card won't arrive till October
You can apply for sin as soon as you land using copr

Reactions: SaraRahul

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Received an acknowledgement email from IRCC on raising webform.

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Reactions: CountessO

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Received an acknowledgement email from IRCC on raising webform.

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

We have forwarded your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident to the responsible office. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and, if applicable, your family members are able to travel, please notify us by using the IRCC Web form. At that time, you will be provided with further instructions.

For more information on the situation and to receive up-to-date information, we invite you to verify our website.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Nice when did ur copr get expire ? And when did u submit a webform I submitted on April 14 and still waiting

MiteshDodia

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Mine may 12 ? The respond was quick ... where are u currently living
Mumbai. In continuation of the email, I have the personal information such as UCI, Application # etc.. (basically webform content). It looks like the officer has forwarded the information to VO along with screenshot i shared.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Mumbai. In continuation of the email, I have the personal information such as UCI, Application # etc.. (basically webform content). It looks like the officer has forwarded the information to VO along with screenshot i shared.
That’s nice

Reactions: MiteshDodia

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
so it is an approved extension?
Not yet, It was an acknowledgment.
I am positive I will get an extension. File will be reopened if I send another web form stating my ability to travel and that would be handled by the VAC since they have forwarded my file.