+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sanketdalal

Apr 20, 2020
Hello, how where you able to get access to your account if you used a consultant? I also used a consultant, but don’t have access to the account. How can I gain access? Also, would you please keep us updated on what IRCC says? Thank you!
My consultant shared account details with me. So I have account username and password. You can try asking your consultant about account details.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
UPDATE: MEDICALS HAVE BEEN RESTARTED IN INDIA

I have been getting constant updates from applicants today, that they are able to book medicals appointment from Monday onward. This update is confirmed for CIC approved medical centers from New Delhi, Mumbai, Ludhiana so far. I'm not sure how and when the other panel hospitals will begin the services, whether they've started or not. That's a good news from IRCC.

Reactions: Godisguru

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
UPDATE: MEDICALS HAVE BEEN RESTARTED IN INDIA

I have been getting constant updates from applicants today, that they are able to book medicals appointment from Monday onward. This update is confirmed for CIC approved medical centers from New Delhi, Mumbai, Ludhiana so far. I'm not sure how and when the other panel hospitals will begin the services, whether they've started or not. That's a good news from IRCC.
So they should start high commission office also soon.Its been almost 2 months and no update.Hope to hear something soon.

Reactions: ankurgupta325

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
For all of yall wondering about the two emails received from IRCC recently, this is not related to whether you sent webforms. My friend and I both received the emails and we haven't raised webforms, so I assume most if not all CoPR holders received it.

Anyway, I have 3 questions:

1. EXTENSION REQUEST Does anybody know if it is legitimate to already raise a webform if CoPR/medicals end in July?

There is 0 visibility with respect to EU borders being reopened and airlines resuming flights. Also, the self-isolation requirement is super burdensome for people who want to do a soft-landing at the moment and who, like me, can't tell their employer they plan to quit and immigrate.

2. SELF-ISOLATION For those who landed recently, what does self-isolation look like in practice?

Do cops put road blocks and check everyone? Can you still rent a car at the airport? Can you go grocery shopping when you are low on supplies? Can you generally just drive around as long as you don't get out of your car and near other people?

3. DURATION OF QUARANTINE ACT Anyone knows when the validity of the Act is supposed to end?

Thanks,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
For all of yall wondering about the two emails received from IRCC recently, this is not related to whether you sent webforms. My friend and I both received the emails and we haven't raised webforms, so I assume most if not all CoPR holders received it.

Anyway, I have 3 questions:

1. EXTENSION REQUEST Does anybody know if it is legitimate to already raise a webform if CoPR/medicals end in July?

There is 0 visibility with respect to EU borders being reopened and airlines resuming flights. Also, the self-isolation requirement is super burdensome for people who want to do a soft-landing at the moment and who, like me, can't tell their employer they plan to quit and immigrate.

2. SELF-ISOLATION For those who landed recently, what does self-isolation look like in practice?

Do cops put road blocks and check everyone? Can you still rent a car at the airport? Can you go grocery shopping when you are low on supplies? Can you generally just drive around as long as you don't get out of your car and near other people?

3. DURATION OF QUARANTINE ACT Anyone knows when the validity of the Act is supposed to end?

Thanks,
Others I am sure will comment or correct as answers are my interpretation only

1)Sure you can raise a webform now to register on the system that you cannot currently travel even if expiry is not until July.

Soft landings air or land are actively discouraged unless willing to follow the isolation requirement and should not travel to Canada without an isolation plan

2)Have no experience of this but the conditions are clear you must go directly to the isolation accommodation without stopping off anywhere. You are not allowed to leave that accommodation for anything even groceries and certainly cannot drive around. You will need either to have friends deliver or organise an online delivery.

Not sure about hiring a car but given for 14 days you cannot go anywhere then waste of money

No there will be no road blocks although there is the threat of spot checks, the reality of which seems doubtful given resource contraints but the threat is there and the penalties can be severe if found to not be following the isolation plan. upto 750k fine and/or upto 6 months jail time.

3)the Emergency order has a current expiry end June but that may be extended and should at moment plan on that being so for international arrivals

Always keep in mind that until a PR landing has been completed worst case someone can still be denied entry to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyWescott

sudhach91

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hyderabad , India

1)Sure you can raise a webform now to register on the system that you cannot currently travel even if expiry is not until July.

Soft landings air or land are actively discouraged unless willing to follow the isolation requirement and should not travel to Canada without an isolation plan

2)Have no experience of this but the conditions are clear you must go directly to the isolation accommodation without stopping off anywhere. You are not allowed to leave that accommodation for anything even groceries and certainly cannot drive around. You will need either to have friends deliver or organise an online delivery.

Not sure about hiring a car but given for 14 days you cannot go anywhere then waste of money

No there will be no road blocks although there is the threat of spot checks, the reality of which seems doubtful given resource contraints but the threat is there and the penalties can be severe if found to not be following the isolation plan. upto 750k fine and/or upto 6 months jail time.

3)the Emergency order has a current expiry end June but that may be extended and should at moment plan on that being so for international arrivals

Always keep in mind that until a PR landing has been completed worst case someone can still be denied entry to Canada.
Hello..iam from India.
Can we raise a web form requesting for extension setting reason as 'unwilling to travel'? My COPR expires in July.
Thanks in advance

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hello..iam from India.
Can we raise a web form requesting for extension setting reason as 'unwilling to travel'? My COPR expires in July.
Thanks in advance
Are u able to travel given that no flights are active? Obviously not.Then why will u give unwilling. U r unable to travel as of today.If flights start from June or July but still u decide not to travel then u will write unwilling.

Reactions: sudhach91

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019

Thanks for your help Bs65. I will have a look at the form. I am worried that my reasons for being unwilling to travel won't be enough for the IRCC people.

I don't want to do a one way trip to Canada right now, because of the economic fallout of the crisis. A hard landing means I have to quit my job and terminate all my contracts now when we have 0 visibility. It will cost me thousands and thousands for nothing. At the same time, maybe the situation will be better in July. It's just impossible to organize a move like this under the circumstances.

Concerning the self-isolation you're saying in practice it does not seem to be enforced (though I agree everyone should do their part not to spread the virus).

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thanks for your help Bs65. I will have a look at the form. I am worried that my reasons for being unwilling to travel won't be enough for the IRCC people.

I don't want to do a one way trip to Canada right now, because of the economic fallout of the crisis. A hard landing means I have to quit my job and terminate all my contracts now when we have 0 visibility. It will cost me thousands and thousands for nothing. At the same time, maybe the situation will be better in July. It's just impossible to organize a move like this under the circumstances.

Concerning the self-isolation you're saying in practice it does not seem to be enforced (though I agree everyone should do their part not to spread the virus).
Dont think anyone here can say whether actively enforced or not but given the severe penalties if discovered then anyone not keeping their side of the bargain could be said to not have a lot of sense. That is apart from doing the responsible thing by staying within the law and note that PR status could be revoked if was considered serious enough so a pretty big price to pay.

As far as unwilling to travel and others can comment maybe focus on the Danger to health situation as opposed to financial even though given the thousands of extra unemployed will make a job search pretty challenging for months and months.

Submit the web form when ready given you have a few more weeks to do so with a July expiry so who knows things may improve nobody of course knows

Things are changing on a daily basis as it seems are some of the IRCC guidelines so who knows what might happen even in a month.

Above just my view, everyone has to obviously make their own decisions

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyWescott

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi, just thought i'd put this out there. For those looking for accommodation in the next few weeks in Canada. I've noticed that looking at student accommodations from May to August helps to some extent as most of the students are away for the summer and the room mates have not been able to sublet because of the situation. This is short term only, but I feel it helps with the self-isolation requirement where you have a whole place to yourself. It's rare to find, but not impossible. Hope this helps anyone looking for accommodation for a short term landing plan.
thanks; how can we go about finding such student accommodations?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello Guys,

I just want to say be positive, Me and My wife both got Jobs during this Lock down. I joined in April and my wife just got her offer letter.

There are skilled jobs available .

Pavan
That's great news!! What jobs did you get and which city?