+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

bhavind

Nov 29, 2018
That’s true but still the borders are open. They haven’t put up a travel ban hence if you don’t travel because of the chances of catching the virus then that is personal choice. If the country goes into lockdown I think only then they will extend copr. We are thinking to travel in couple of days for soft landing and come back after 2 days.
True. Take care while traveling

Last edited:

bhavind

Nov 29, 2018
I'm surprised they aren't being more understanding. Immigrating at this time is going to be so much more difficult with so many things closing and limited supplies.
Ya. They most likely are reading from a script. Unless government updates the policy, I don't think IRCC would do anything

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
You don't have to move to Canada right now. You can do a soft landing and return to your country.
I can't unfortunately. I have DACA and I will be banned from the US for 10 years when I leave. I have a few months still before my COPR expires, so I haven't asked for an extension yet.

Reactions: kanwarz

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
Whoever is planing to return to their home country immediatly after soft landing, they can't go back without PR card. Because you need to have a PR card to enter again. But you can apply for permanet resident travel document which also takes time.

ad07

May 20, 2019
Canadian authorities have put in condition of 14 day isolation upon landing.. I guess dat wud mean no soft landing and a minimum of 14 day stay

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
Canadian authorities have put in condition of 14 day isolation upon landing.. I guess dat wud mean no soft landing and a minimum of 14 day stay
They are advising everyone at the moment to self isolate for 14 days. It’s not been mandatory yet like Australia or new Zealand.

consbear

Jul 7, 2019
I've called YVR customer center to ask about the plan to land then immediately take the next flight back, but they recommend asking the airlines if they will allow boarding? Has anyone asked CBSA about this?

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
That’s true but still the borders are open. They haven’t put up a travel ban hence if you don’t travel because of the chances of catching the virus then that is personal choice. If the country goes into lockdown I think only then they will extend copr. We are thinking to travel in couple of days for soft landing and come back after 2 days.
This is true, they ask to prove that we can't travel due to reasons out of our control, so, unless they close the borders, do as planned.

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
Is this a joke?
"
If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the web form to let us know. We’ll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application."

Reactions: ELlouise

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Is this a joke?
"
If your permanent residence application has been approved, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the web form to let us know. We’ll then give you more detailed instructions regarding restarting the processing of your permanent residence application."
I just now called CIC, they told that the news is fresh and they do not know yet if COPR can enter Cnada, they will update info in a few days

Reactions: tusa47 and aurelero

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I just called CBSA - the agent said COPR wont be allowed to complete landing unless you are a citizen of US

Reactions: tusa47

Huda_suddiqui

Star Member
Dec 31, 2018
I just called CBSA - the agent said COPR wont be allowed to complete landing unless you are a citizen of US
I have booked my flight for tomorrow from heathrow through air canada. Does that mean they will not allow us to board the plane?