+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

REEBU

Jul 8, 2019
My COPR and visa will expire on 1st April 2020 , It very difficult for me to land right now due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
I Have sent the web form twice but got no reply so far.

I am very anxious and worried because i dont want to loose my COPR , do anyone knows whether they will extend out COPRs or no ?
Any Rply from cic regarding expired copr

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
My husbands copr will get expire on May 12/2020
Currently In a complete lockdown in India ..
I didn’t raise a webform yet since his ticket was booked on April 15 Which got cancelled today

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My husbands copr will get expire on May 12/2020
Currently In a complete lockdown in India ..
I didn’t raise a webform yet since his ticket was booked on April 15 Which got cancelled today
Raise a webform given there is no guarantee of getting a flight in the next month as nobody knows how long travel restrictions will go on for plus nobody knows which airlines will be flying to Canada or resuming service or if any seats given there could be a backlog of people wanting to travel.

It is imporatnt to send the web form to get registered with IRCC as being unable to travel

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Raise a webform given there is no guarantee of getting a flight in the next month as nobody knows how long travel restrictions will go on for plus nobody knows which airlines will be flying to Canada or resuming service or if any seats given there could be a backlog of people wanting to travel.

It is imporatnt to send the web form to get registered with IRCC as being unable to travel
Thanks yep since I got to know about the cancellation today I would be raising a webform by tomorrow .. that’s true I wouldn’t be risking it though so would raise it ..

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Guys have a question so whoever got visa on March 19 are they allowed to travel ? Cuz on ircc website it says before or on March 18 is exempted ?

Apr 28, 2019
ApplicantCoPR ExpiryNumber of web forms raised for extension Country Travelling from
wick_sranMay 15, 2020NoneIndia
CanaspirantMarch 25, 20203 (2-Delhi,1 Ircc)India
hinavinMay 19, 20201 (1 IRCC). Shall also raise 1 more shortly for DelhiIndia
ZiyadApril 6, 2020 2 (Abudhabi) 2 (IRCC)U.A.E.
LachelleApril 13, 20201Inland (Family outside Canada)
deep_singh1989May 9, 20202 (1- NDVO, 1- IRCC)India
Molino de VienteApril 21, 20202 (going to raise one more today. Reason: lockdown in my country extended till 30th of Aprl)Kazakhstan
Sweta_mahiMay 12, 20201 (IRCC)India
Good effort !Thanks!
I think we should make a group of all whose copr has expired or whose is going to expire in this month of april or in next month .. any advice from you guys will be appreciated

Reactions: Ralino

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
I think we should make a group of all whose copr has expired or whose is going to expire in this month of april or in next month .. any advice from you guys will be appreciated
As of now only 2 3 ppl are there with copr expired status.Others all copr will be expiring soon ... Lil difficult with gradual copr expiry we need to change their grp..

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
ApplicantCoPR ExpiryNumber of web forms raised for extension Country Travelling from
wick_sranMay 15, 2020NoneIndia
CanaspirantMarch 25, 20203 (2-Delhi,1 Ircc)India
hinavinMay 19, 20201 (1 IRCC). Shall also raise 1 more shortly for DelhiIndia
ZiyadApril 6, 2020 2 (Abudhabi) 2 (IRCC)U.A.E.
LachelleApril 13, 20201Inland (Family outside Canada)
deep_singh1989May 9, 20202 (1- NDVO, 1- IRCC)India
Molino de VienteApril 21, 20202 (going to raise one more today. Reason: lockdown in my country extended till 30th of Aprl)Kazakhstan
Sweta_mahiMay 12, 20201 (IRCC)India
SwbApril 26 20203India

Reactions: hinavin

RanveerRaj

Jul 8, 2018
So Guys !! My COPR expired on 25 March and I did not travel to Canada due to Corona Outbreak. I have raised webform on 9 March and received true response (not the automated one) on 2 April. They mentioned me that they are extending my medicals to another six months and they will update me on re-issuing my COPR and landing VISA. So chill guys. They are helping us in the crisis situation like this. Make sure everyone who have expiry dates coming up up shortly, proactively raise webform to make our case strong . Below is the response I got.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note: The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services.

Please refer to our public website for information on how this may affect you:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved

Please do not attempt to enter Canada using the visas and confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) documents that expired on March 25, 2020.

It appears that your immigration medical exam (IME) has been extended to 2020/09/17; new visas and COPRs will also be issued with an extended date.

Once it is possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Please ensure that your passport remains valid; you must hold a valid passport at the time of travel and landing.

If you renew your passport in the near future, please advise us of the new passport information.

Regards,
Hello RajivMouli,
Do they the response to the email which we input during Webform or Email ID provided in Express Entry?
Rgds
Raveer

sspyeye

Aug 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have been following this thread for the last 20 days now. My husband and I got our COPR that expires on 24th April 2020. We quit our jobs, sold our belongings and was all set to move to Toronto on 28th March via KLM airlines. Life had other plans and now we are stuck in India (Mumbai) and are under a lockdown. We havent received any refund from KLM which is extremely frustrating because it is our hard earned money. On top of that, we booked another air india flight for 15th April which flies from Mumbai-Delhi-Toronto. Even that is blocked because our country is under a lockdown until 14th april and it might get extended. We both are very depressed as we dont have jobs, a roof over our heads after 15th april (as lease is expiring), a future, uncertainty of landing in Canada and we are bleeding money as we cannot touch our Canada savings and ended up spending 3 lacs and above on just airline tickets. Please I am requesting everyone to help us out with the following (if not for me, then please reply for my husband who is very depressed and doesnt even eat properly):
1. Since our CoPR is expiring on 24th april, when do we apply for extension?
2. Do we have to do PCC again because I submitted 3 Pccs of 3 different countries and honestly it would be a nightmare to go through that again
3. How can we get medical done again when everything is shut?
4. do u know how long does the copr extension takes and how long is it valid for?
Please help us.
please guide us what to do
My husband and I are very depressed as we gave up everything for Canada, we deserve to reach now.
Hi, i understand and respect your anxiety well. I also left my job and scheduled to travel on 15 march but then cancelled as was bothered about my 5 months old son. Its not just you but many have been to this situation. Stay hopeful things will improve. I havr heard they are giving extensions on medical so its possible for us also. Keep watching the thread for latest updates.

gmehta

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
What are people whose COPR is expiring soon like mine on 1 May and who are unable to travel from India, planning on doing next? I'd sent a webform received a generic reply. I'm not planning on flying, not that we can anyway, but just want to know whether some action is required from our end now. Anyone whose COPR has already expired received any initmation from IRCC? Thanks.

sspyeye

Aug 2, 2019
What are people whose COPR is expiring soon like mine on 1 May and who are unable to travel from India, planning on doing next? I'd sent a webform received a generic reply. I'm not planning on flying, not that we can anyway, but just want to know whether some action is required from our end now. Anyone whose COPR has already expired received any initmation from IRCC? Thanks.
Someone in the thread got the medical extension and was advised by cic to inform them when he is able to travel.