+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Ralino

Apr 9, 2020
Dear all, i have CoPR of family of 5, expiring by May 7th based in UAE, so same as most of you, my flights were cancelled, now some are available but COVID health risk is high.
Already raised a web form, but still thinking about potential soft landing by early May.
In this case, can i spend 1 or 2 days only in canada or i should quarantine for 14days before returning, any one experienced that?
Did anyone got confirmation from IRCC of extending his CoPR Visa because of ongoing COVID 19.
Thanks & best of luck for all.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Dear all, i have CoPR of family of 5, expiring by May 7th based in UAE, so same as most of you, my flights were cancelled, now some are available but COVID health risk is high.
Already raised a web form, but still thinking about potential soft landing by early May.
In this case, can i spend 1 or 2 days only in canada or i should quarantine for 14days before returning, any one experienced that?
Did anyone got confirmation from IRCC of extending his CoPR Visa because of ongoing COVID 19.
Thanks & best of luck for all.
Assuming nothing changes you would still be expected to go into quarantine for 14 days. Also unless there is a change in attitude from CBSA they are actively discouraging soft landings.

Ralino

Apr 9, 2020
Assuming nothing changes you would still be expected to go into quarantine for 14 days. Also unless there is a change in attitude from CBSA they are actively discouraging soft landings.
Thanks dear, what does it mean exactly discouraging soft landing, will it be possible to do it on line?
If you have kids in school, you will need at least till summer to do hard landing.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
A noble intention but does not need a SIN to export goods to Canada that would be a whole different process for a Canada non resident maybe export/import and customs licences, but you would need professional advice on that.
If the exporting of goods is connected to a business he’d have to contact the CRA & register for a RM account , import export account for non residents , then converted to a resident account once they become a PR.

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Which Land Border are you heading for? Please keep us posted!!! Good luck and stay safe
Well we were suppose to leave today, but the weather is not cooperating. Snow and heavy winds in Syracuse, so we are going to leave tomorrow. We are headed to the Landsdowne border. I will keep everyone posted how it goes for sure !

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Well we were suppose to leave today, but the weather is not cooperating. Snow and heavy winds in Syracuse, so we are going to leave tomorrow. We are headed to the Landsdowne border. I will keep everyone posted how it goes for sure !
Good luck, stay safe! Let us know how it goes :)

kanwarz

Mar 19, 2019
Hi guys, I recently received my COPR and I was planing to move to canada next week. However a state of emergency was announced in the country I live in because of the covid 19 and I'm not allowed leave the country in the next month.
Would the IRCC expand my COPR in case the emergency state lasted more than my COPR validity?
Have you tried informing them about your situation on web form?

kanwarz

Mar 19, 2019
I can't unfortunately. I have DACA and I will be banned from the US for 10 years when I leave. I have a few months still before my COPR expires, so I haven't asked for an extension yet.
Have you tried informing them.about your situation in web form?

umizhou1990

Mar 31, 2020
Hi @umizhou1990 , could you confirm what the officer said the right thing to do with the car is?
If I list the car in "goods to follow", can I drive it across the border without importing it? I am not ready to import our car yet (it has a loan on it here in the US that we will finish later this year), but I want to drive my car across the border for our landing, is that possible?
I think you should be fine. We end up putting the car we are driving in the "goods to follow" list. They said they will not give us a hard time. However, according to the officer, the right thing to do is to pay off your loan and get all the exporting document ready. It should be on goods to come list.

Reactions: ryeCatcher