Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Hi All, I did my landing on July 20th and so far I haven't received my PR card. Is there a way to do something about it? Or it's the same for everyone with PR card issue delays? It would be really helpful if someone can share their experience. Btw, my landing was in YVR.
Hello there,
According to IRCC website it takes 105 days for processing new PR card. You may check this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Gary501

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Our re-medical exam results are now showing as passed on our application. Background check is now show as processing. Only took about 1 week for medicals to be reviewed after finishing the exam.

Reactions: bhaskarm

Jaykame

Sep 29, 2021
I'm fully vaccinated, so no institutional quarantine. I got tested before departing and once on arrival at YVR airport. I need to do daily health check-in on ArriveCan and that's pretty much all.
Hi could you tell me how long (minutes) did u take from immigration to the test for the covid when entering as a new PR in YVR?

ExpressMan

Star Member
May 8, 2019
IELTS Request
05/23/2019
Hi

My COPR is expiring in Dec 2021 and due to some personal circumstances, I won't be able to travel to Canada to complete the landing procedures.

What are the implications?
Will I be able to request an extension of COPR?

A.becksssss

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I did my re medical yesterday, am I to wait for notification that result has been sent to embassy before sending an email to ircc (UM email) or I am to send now?

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Hi

My COPR is expiring in Dec 2021 and due to some personal circumstances, I won't be able to travel to Canada to complete the landing procedures.

Once a COPR expires, applicants are required to submit a new application. They are making some exception to those affected because they imposed the travel restrictions. Now all the restrictions are already lifted so they would not consider extending the date if the applicant has any problem to travel. You are already in process for almost 3 years now so please don`t let it get wasted. Soft-landing is allowed now so Please try to manage anyhow as you have only around 2 months left on your COPR.

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Hi , I am a pre March applicant . My file had been open since one year . Recently I got an update. I thought it would be remedical request but my background status just changed from “ in process “ to “ not applicable “ . Does anyone know what does this means ?

Reactions: newbulu

bhaskarm

Jul 14, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-08-2019
Hi

Hello there,
Humble request do soft land sooner. Please avoid entering the waiting game, it's extremely painful and killing! Many of us are already suffering!!!

1Humanity

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
25/01/2020
Hi , I am a pre March applicant . My file had been open since one year . Recently I got an update. I thought it would be remedical request but my background status just changed from “ in process “ to “ not applicable “ . Does anyone know what does this means ?
HI, if you do not land with your current COPR and it expires there are high chances that you will have to redo the process from the start. I mean from going back to the pool and wait for an invitation. The following has been said about the valid COPRs by IRCC

"We expect people with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021 or after to have enough time to come to Canada before their documents expire. "

God be with you.

Edit: Response to the wrong message, sorry!

Last edited:

smithplato

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
HI, if you do not land with your current COPR and it expires there are high chances that you will have to redo the process from the start. I mean from going back to the pool and wait for an invitation. The following has been said about the valid COPRs by IRCC

"We expect people with a COPR and permanent resident visa that are valid until October 1, 2021 or after to have enough time to come to Canada before their documents expire. "

God be with you.
Ha ha , sorry I failed to mention that I am pre 18 March ,2020 expired copr holder . No new document has been issued to me .

Reactions: newbulu