Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
PLEASE HELP

Hi friends

Me, my wife and our daughter recently got COPR and we want to take our mother along with us on visitor visa for sometime.
Can anyone guide me, for following points:

1. Can we apply for her visitor visa basis our COPR?
2. We all are vaccinated with Sputnik, which is not approved in Canada. So, hope thats not an issue if we agree to quarantine
3. What all documents should I attach with her application?
4. Do the Canadian authorities grant visa to parent easily?

I am very worried for her visa and want to take her along with us, as there is no one here with her.
Please guide, for any points which I should consider in mind. Thanks in advance.
#1 You can apply visitor visa but currently only citizens and PR allowed in. Pls bear in mine. And check if your local airline will let her bored the plane because some will not in some countries. Your family (PRs) will have no issue get in, but visitor visa may have extra obstracle
#2 As sputnik not recognized you need to show quarantine plans.
#3 Sorry I no can help
#4 Sorry I no know

Pls see: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start?_ga=2.263758665.498261718.1626987538-953971194.1611006424

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020

rdr2

Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone, our CoPRs had expired last September 2020 and this forum/thread was very helpful. Reading the posts on here gave me an idea of the timeline to expect for our CoPR renewal. Posting my experience and dates:

Note : I never received an email from IRCC asking me if I still wanted to come to Canada and I had to submit webforms to get the ball rolling.

February 2021 : Submitted webform informing IRCC that my family and I are ready to move permanently to Canada.
No Reply for weeks
March 2021 : Raised another webform informing IRCC that my family and I are ready to move permanently to Canada
April 7th 2021 : Received a request letter in my IRCC account notifying me that I should retake my medical test (Weirdly, they didn't include my wife, just me)
April 12th 2021 : Received a request letter notifying me to provide new passport details for my wife since her passport had expired
April 14th 2021 : Medical Test results sent to IRCC
May 11th 2021 : IRCC asked my wife to retake her medical test
May 18th 2021 : Wife's medical test results sent to IRCC
June 7th 2021 : IRCC asked me to send our passports
June 14th 2021 : Sent our passports to IRCC (CPC-Ottawa)
June 25th 2021 : Noticed an update on my IRCC account showing renewed CoPR counterfoils with new numbers and expiration dates (April 2022)
June 29th 2021 : IRCC tendered our passports to FedEx using the shipping label I provided.
July 2nd 2021 : FedEx returned my passports to IRCC since the commercial invoice was missing. I tried submitting this to FedEx via fax and email but it was useless.
July 5th 2021 : Raised a webform notifying IRCC that our passports had been returned and asked them to tell us the next steps.
July 12th 2021 : Raised another webform notifying IRCC that our passports had been returned. No reply yet
July 16th 2021 : Received an email from CPC Ottawa informing me that our passports had been returned and asked me to send new shipping labels and new commercial invoice. I purchased the fastest (most expensive) shipping option from FedEx and sent CPC Ottawa the shipping labels & commercial invoice.
Aug 4th 2021 : No email from IRCC but the FedEx Tracking System sent me an email notifying me that our passports had been received from CPC Ottawa.
Aug 5th 2021 : Received passports finally

Looking back, this was a painfully slow process and we were super stressed when our passports had been returned. The only suggestion I can give is to stay calm and not get stressed. Cheers and good luck to everyone!

CakeLover

Aug 19, 2021
Hello everyone, our CoPRs had expired last September 2020 and this forum/thread was very helpful. Reading the posts on here gave me an idea of the timeline to expect for our CoPR renewal. Posting my experience and dates:

Note : I never received an email from IRCC asking me if I still wanted to come to Canada and I had to submit webforms to get the ball rolling.

February 2021 : Submitted webform informing IRCC that my family and I are ready to move permanently to Canada.
No Reply for weeks
March 2021 : Raised another webform informing IRCC that my family and I are ready to move permanently to Canada
April 7th 2021 : Received a request letter in my IRCC account notifying me that I should retake my medical test (Weirdly, they didn't include my wife, just me)
April 12th 2021 : Received a request letter notifying me to provide new passport details for my wife since her passport had expired
April 14th 2021 : Medical Test results sent to IRCC
May 11th 2021 : IRCC asked my wife to retake her medical test
May 18th 2021 : Wife's medical test results sent to IRCC
June 7th 2021 : IRCC asked me to send our passports
June 14th 2021 : Sent our passports to IRCC (CPC-Ottawa)
June 25th 2021 : Noticed an update on my IRCC account showing renewed CoPR counterfoils with new numbers and expiration dates (April 2022)
June 29th 2021 : IRCC tendered our passports to FedEx using the shipping label I provided.
July 2nd 2021 : FedEx returned my passports to IRCC since the commercial invoice was missing. I tried submitting this to FedEx via fax and email but it was useless.
July 5th 2021 : Raised a webform notifying IRCC that our passports had been returned and asked them to tell us the next steps.
July 12th 2021 : Raised another webform notifying IRCC that our passports had been returned. No reply yet
July 16th 2021 : Received an email from CPC Ottawa informing me that our passports had been returned and asked me to send new shipping labels and new commercial invoice. I purchased the fastest (most expensive) shipping option from FedEx and sent CPC Ottawa the shipping labels & commercial invoice.
Aug 4th 2021 : No email from IRCC but the FedEx Tracking System sent me an email notifying me that our passports had been received from CPC Ottawa.
Aug 5th 2021 : Received passports finally

Looking back, this was a painfully slow process and we were super stressed when our passports had been returned. The only suggestion I can give is to stay calm and not get stressed. Cheers and good luck to everyone!
Do you mind telling us What Country you are located? Why did you send documents to Ottawa?
I am play the waiting game as well~

Reactions: Titanium

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
PLEASE HELP

Hi friends

Me, my wife and our daughter recently got COPR and we want to take our mother along with us on visitor visa for sometime.
Can anyone guide me, for following points:

1. Can we apply for her visitor visa basis our COPR?
2. We all are vaccinated with Sputnik, which is not approved in Canada. So, hope thats not an issue if we agree to quarantine
3. What all documents should I attach with her application?
4. Do the Canadian authorities grant visa to parent easily?

I am very worried for her visa and want to take her along with us, as there is no one here with her.
Please guide, for any points which I should consider in mind. Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, but you can not claim yourself to be a PR yet since you only become a PR after you land in Canada and are admitted. Your chances of getting a visitor's visa are higher if you first come to Canada and then invite your mother.

2. Follow the PHAC guidelines as at the time of arrival into Canada.

3. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

4. Will depend on the documents and whether you meet the requirements.

amarneo

Jan 31, 2021
Update that my counterfoil was updated on 21st Aug! Stamped passports are on their way home.
Congratulations! I just received my stamped passport as well. Question - Out of the two pictures that we sent, one came back attached to the CoPR and the second they simply pinned on my passport and sent back. Just curious if the same happened to everyone?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Congratulations! I just received my stamped passport as well. Question - Out of the two pictures that we sent, one came back attached to the CoPR and the second they simply pinned on my passport and sent back. Just curious if the same happened to everyone?
That is how it happens. On IRCC copy of CoPR the photo is pasted, other is returned as is

Satishrana.7061.sr

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
Done
IELTS Request
Yes
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
Yes
Hi evryone,
just got the "action required if you want to come to canada" email, i replied but did not receive any acknowledgment, is someone in the same case? how can i check if they received my response
post march 18 COPR
expired: May 2021
VO: Paris
Hey there,

Did you raise any web form. If yes then what did you say in it.

Thanks in advance

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi evryone,
just got the "action required if you want to come to canada" email, i replied but did not receive any acknowledgment, is someone in the same case? how can i check if they received my response
post march 18 COPR
expired: May 2021
VO: Paris
I did the same. I also didn’t receive any receipt as acknowledgement. I think that’s just how it is.