+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR after Biometrics?

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
What is the average time that IRCC takes to make a decision about an application once the Biometrics are done?
My AOR is June 4
Bil/ Med pass- July 22
Bio done and updated on profile- Nov 30
My eligibility is passed sometime in October. Security and Criminality in progress as of 28th Oct.
Any idea how long it might take for them to reach a decision?
Im trying to figure out if I need to apply for bridging permit or not. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There is no set time. Each application is unique. Some get their application decision days after Biometrics. For some it could take a month. or longer.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I provided my biometrics on Nov 9th, eligibility has passed back in July. Last Friday I had a GU and IRCC agent on the phone confirmed that criminality was done, security was done. No news since so hoping to hear soon soon!

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
I provided my biometrics on Nov 9th, eligibility has passed back in July. Last Friday I had a GU and IRCC agent on the phone confirmed that criminality was done, security was done. No news since so hoping to hear soon soon!
april-23 aor
biometric-20october
everything has been passed according to ircc agent.
timeline totally depends upon visa office and visa officer. mostly may june and july people getting copr.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
I called IRCC today. Same status. Criminality in progress. No movement.
AOR - April 11
Bio exempted - Oct 14
Rest passed in June.

My Visa officer din't touch my file since June. :(

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I called IRCC today. Same status. Criminality in progress. No movement.
AOR - April 11
Bio exempted - Oct 14
Rest passed in June.

My Visa officer din't touch my file since June. :(
My situation is a perfect match yo yours.
AOR April 18th, Bio Excepted - Oct 15, when I called, they said criminality/background in progress......

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
My situation is a perfect match yo yours.
AOR April 18th, Bio Excepted - Oct 15, when I called, they said criminality/background in progress......
Did you order GCMS notes? Because sometimes ordering GCMS notes is beneficial as the officer will have to open your file in order to send you the notes.

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Did you order GCMS notes? Because sometimes ordering GCMS notes is beneficial as the officer will have to open your file in order to send you the notes.
This did not help me in my case. Because it took nearly 45 days to get the GCMS notes. All I wonder is, my visa officer didn't even get a day to look into my file? I seriously doubt if he is working.

HK7921

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
This did not help me in my case. Because it took nearly 45 days to get the GCMS notes. All I wonder is, my visa officer didn't even get a day to look into my file? I seriously doubt if he is working.
Oh.. Im sorry about that. I have ordered my GCMS notes for then 2nd time on 24th Nov. I will update once I see any progress on it.

Reactions: amala1611

tj_sf

Nov 18, 2020
What is the average time that IRCC takes to make a decision about an application once the Biometrics are done?
My AOR is June 4
Bil/ Med pass- July 22
Bio done and updated on profile- Nov 30
My eligibility is passed sometime in October. Security and Criminality in progress as of 28th Oct.
Any idea how long it might take for them to reach a decision?
Im trying to figure out if I need to apply for bridging permit or not. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!
did you get any updates?