+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copied Job duties

Eve 91

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Please help me I'm in a very big mess now. My director used the job duties samples I gave her to write my reference letter. The problem is I copied it from cic website. Many are saying it would be rejected. I have the company job description which the director and I signed when I was employed can I please add that to the reference letter since it really difficult to get a new one

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Please help me I'm in a very big mess now. My director used the job duties samples I gave her to write my reference letter. The problem is I copied it from cic website. Many are saying it would be rejected. I have the company job description which the director and I signed when I was employed can I please add that to the reference letter since it really difficult to get a new one
No, it won't help your case. If anything it will make things worse if you have 2 different documents with different duties, it will just make it more evident that your employer just copied the duties from the webpage. If anything, you are better of just submitting this letter alone.

Your reference letter is the one that determines if your work experience is considered as appropriate. Yes, it is a big risk to just copy the duties from the NOC website....

If possible, you should try to get a new reference letter and make sure the duties listed as accurate and that they match the NOC you've chosen as the one that matches your work experience.