+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPD PERSON ARE PERMISSIABLE FOR GETTING PR??

siege

Jan 23, 2022
Thank you so much , i think i will just wait and see what could happen
Hi there! Do you have an update about your PR application? My partner was also recently diagnosed for moderate COPD while he was taking medications for TB.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there! Do you have an update about your PR application? My partner was also recently diagnosed for moderate COPD while he was taking medications for TB.
First TB has to resolve before further processing. Is the COPD related to the treatment? to the TB? How old is your partner? If already showing signs of COPD at a young age there could be concerns about underlying disease. It really comes down to individual case, severity and prognosis.

siege

Jan 23, 2022
First TB has to resolve before further processing. Is the COPD related to the treatment? to the TB? How old is your partner? If already showing signs of COPD at a young age there could be concerns about underlying disease. It really comes down to individual case, severity and prognosis.
He is already done with the TB treatment. He just got diagnosed last September for Moderate COPD. He had asthma since he was a child and smoked when he was younger. He is 36 by the way. Ah so the question is, can this be a reason to be declined with our PR application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is already done with the TB treatment. He just got diagnosed last September for Moderate COPD. He had asthma since he was a child and smoked when he was younger. He is 36 by the way. Ah so the question is, can this be a reason to be declined with our PR application?
Depends on what moderate COPD means in terms of numbers and current treatment and his prognosis. Having COPD at such a young age is quite concerning.

siege

Jan 23, 2022
Depends on what moderate COPD means in terms of numbers and current treatment and his prognosis. Having COPD at such a young age is quite concerning.
So that means it really might affect our application then thank you for your replies canuck78

siege

Jan 23, 2022
I read one thread here about COPD and I think if ever we are going to receive medical inadmissability they will send us a procedural fairness letter. We’ll have the opportunity to respond to it. And after that MAYBE they’ll give us a chance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read one thread here about COPD and I think if ever we are going to receive medical inadmissability they will send us a procedural fairness letter. We’ll have the opportunity to respond to it. And after that MAYBE they’ll give us a chance.
Yes you will always get procedural fairness first. Would speak to your physician about the 5-10 year prognosis for COPD. Whether it is expected that he will have physical limitations that may prevent him from being able to work for example. What treatment is he currently on and what treatment will he likely need in 5-10 years. Things like an inhaler regimen will likely be fine. Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare program so you will have to look at the cost of his care If arriving without a job and you will need to prioritize finding a job that provide extended health benefits. Coverage of prescription varies greatly between provinces and if provinces cover some prescriptions what prescriptions are covered also varies by province. It really depended on the definition of moderate COPD.

Reactions: Naturgrl

siege

Jan 23, 2022
Really, thanks for the info canuck :) we did send them the prescription meds (1 inhaler) that his Pulmo gave him. I hope we get news about this so we would know what to do afterwards. We’ll update here once we get news.