+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convention Refugee on the basis of Religion

Ahmednazir

Jan 15, 2019
1). How can a person be recognized as a Convention Refugee if he cannot provide any documentation regarding the persecution which he will definitely face after official converting from Islam to Atheism as he is working in Muslim Country and his native country is also Muslim Country with strict laws for those who leave Islam?

2). How can he/she provide the evidence of the verbal death threats which he/she receives as of not following the Islam and being atheist from the Islamic clerks or even from family members ?

3). Can he/she become Christian once he arrives in Canada?

4). Will any church do baptism for him/her and provide him/her a certificate of baptism which can also be as a part of his asylum application ?

5). Can he/she claim social assistance such as monthly allowance, accommodation etc ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there anyone who can help me ?
You'll need to be patient. People give advice here for free and it take often take a few hours or even days for the right person to see your post and respond.

If you need immediate assistance, you'll need to hire a lawyer to help you.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You might just want to rethink the reasons you feel you are a refugee. Your statements immediately bring doubt as to the genuiness of your claim. A Muslim who has converted to atheism and claim asylum in Canada (or anywhere else for that matter) so they can convert to Christianity? Sounds like a refugee of convienience to me.....

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Athiest and Christianity are two polar opposites. To answer some of your questions. If there are verbal death threats you would have to record somebody saying them. Otherwise it is your word against theirs. Anybody coming to Canada can convert to any religion they want if they can find a community/church to convert them. The question about Social assistance worries me. If you did somehow come here as a refugee, you could work (if you had WP or PR) like any other person, so it sounds like you are coming here for handouts, which isn't the best way to start.

Ahmednazir

Jan 15, 2019
You might just want to rethink the reasons you feel you are a refugee. Your statements immediately bring doubt as to the genuiness of your claim. A Muslim who has converted to atheism and claim asylum in Canada (or anywhere else for that matter) so they can convert to Christianity? Sounds like a refugee of convienience to me.....
I meant to say he has always been atheist as he did not believe in any religion but he will like to become a christian which many people know around him and he is facing a uncertain future and at any time he can get killed. You do not know his circumstances, his country has very strict laws

Ahmednazir

Jan 15, 2019
Athiest and Christianity are two polar opposites. To answer some of your questions. If there are verbal death threats you would have to record somebody saying them. Otherwise it is your word against theirs. Anybody coming to Canada can convert to any religion they want if they can find a community/church to convert them. The question about Social assistance worries me. If you did somehow come here as a refugee, you could work (if you had WP or PR) like any other person, so it sounds like you are coming here for handouts, which isn't the best way to start.
My friend does not have enough sufficient funds and his life is in danger. Please do not take us wrong

Ahmednazir

Jan 15, 2019
No one wants to leave his religion. The reason that I am not giving you the full information , is to protect him and myself

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If your friend does not have any proof of life threatening persecution, he will not be accepted as a refugee.

Ahmednazir

Jan 15, 2019
Should he come to Canada and obtain certificate of baptism then let his/her family know about that and receives threats from his/her diplomate relatives and the Government of his current residential country and also from his native country ?

Ahmednazir

Jan 15, 2019
No I am not saying anything other than he cannot apply to be a refugee anywhere in the world without evidence. Stop trying to twist people's words.
Should he come to Canada and obtain certificate of baptism then let his/her family know about that and receives threats from his/her diplomate relatives and the Government of his current residential country and also from his native country ?