+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contradiction with online application and GCMS notes

PR_WORRIES

Jan 9, 2016
Hi,

I submitted my initial application in July 2015 and waited for about 3.5 months before requesting for GCMS notes. I requested the notes primarily because my online profile was not updating. Got the note in November and according to the case officer my application was denied because my contract didn't explicitly say "indeterminate/permanent". Bearing this in mind, I submitted a new application using a representative this time.

I just got an email saying my old application's background check has been updated to in progress. The problem now is I expected the old online application to be updated to closed. So now I'm wondering if I can send in extra documents to further support the old application or is this a glitch in the CIC system that my old application still keeps updating.

I'm not sure what to make of all this.

Thanks.

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
PR_WORRIES said:
Hi,

I submitted my initial application in July 2015 and waited for about 3.5 months before requesting for GCMS notes. I requested the notes primarily because my online profile was not updating. Got the note in November and according to the case officer my application was denied because my contract didn't explicitly say "indeterminate/permanent". Bearing this in mind, I submitted a new application using a representative this time.

I just got an email saying my old application's background check has been updated to in progress. The problem now is I expected the old online application to be updated to closed. So now I'm wondering if I can send in extra documents to further support the old application or is this a glitch in the CIC system that my old application still keeps updating.

I'm not sure what to make of all this.

Thanks.
Have you already received the refusal letter? If not, your old application might be still in process. From what I understand, they do multiple reviews before rejecting an application, so one bad note does not necessarily end up to a rejection. Not sure how do they deal with multiple applications under EE.