+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract renewal

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all,

I work as a live-in caregiver. In my contract, it is stated there that i will work for my employer for 2 years. I started in August 2008. My employer will renew my contract for another year. I just want to ask when are we going to renew it? I had a one month vacation last December. Does my vacation count in that 2 years contract or not? Because, if it does, should we apply for renewal before my contract expires on August? I heard my employer mentioned that she is going to renew it on September. Is she correct? I just don't want to work with an expired contract and have problem with CIC in the future since I will apply for PR on November.

Thanks for your attention. God Bless us all

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
loida86 said:
Hi to all,

I work as a live-in caregiver. In my contract, it is stated there that i will work for my employer for 2 years. I started in August 2008. My employer will renew my contract for another year. I just want to ask when are we going to renew it? I had a one month vacation last December. Does my vacation count in that 2 years contract or not? Because, if it does, should we apply for renewal before my contract expires on August? I heard my employer mentioned that she is going to renew it on September. Is she correct? I just don't want to work with an expired contract and have problem with CIC in the future since I will apply for PR on November.

Thanks for your attention. God Bless us all
Up to when is your work permit naming her as your employer valid?

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Up to when is your work permit naming her as your employer valid?

It's up to January, 2011. She already contacted CIC and was told that she does not have to get another LMO to renew our contract as long as I apply for my OWP before it expires. But i am not sure when should we start renewing the contract since August is fast approaching.

Thanks job-seeker!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
loida86 said:
It's up to January, 2011. She already contacted CIC and was told that she does not have to get another LMO to renew our contract as long as I apply for my OWP before it expires. But i am not sure when should we start renewing the contract since August is fast approaching.

Thanks job-seeker!
It does not take long to renew a contract. You print (probably similar stipulations as the one you have signed earlier, date and duration would probably be the only changes you'd be making) and you both sign, you keep a copy and she keep a copy. I am not sure if you want to submit an application for a new WP now considering you'd be applying for PR in November but if you want to make sure you have a valid WP while waiting for the OWP then you can send an application months before the expiration of your current WP.

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
It does not take long to renew a contract. You print (probably similar stipulations as the one you have signed earlier, date and duration would probably be the only changes you'd be making) and you both sign, you keep a copy and she keep a copy. I am not sure if you want to submit an application for a new WP now considering you'd be applying for PR in November but if you want to make sure you have a valid WP while waiting for the OWP then you can send an application months before the expiration of your current WP.
I read that if I would still be working at the same employer when i apply for PR, i do not have to renew my WP, and that my status would be "implied". When my employer called the CIC to inquire about getting another LMO as a requirement for renewing our contract, she also mentioned about my WP getting expired on January, 2011. The CIC officer said that she wont be needing another LMO as long as I apply for PR and OWP before January 2011.

Thanks once again job-seeker!