+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuous Job Experience & NOC job change

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
Hi,

I just need a small help with 2 doubts. I will really appreciate if anyone can answer them.

My current status is PGWP. Right now I am working as a Website Developer
(NOC A) at $14/hr.

My job is ending this month 31st Jan and in total, I will have 5months of experience with EMPLOYER A.

My job as a Network Technician (NOC B) with EMPLOYER B at $15/hr is going to start from Feb 15, 2020 for which I will be working at least 8-9 Months so that I can have 1 year of Canadian Experience.

Q1: I read somewhere they need continuous 1 year of experience. Will my profile qualifies that? as I m going to join my other job from 15feb.

Q2: IS changing a noc a problem ?

Q3: the median wage for a Website developer is $20/hr but I worked at $14/hr as I was working for a short period is a problem?

I hope my questions are understandable. I would be happy to explain more about my profile.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
The "continuous" requirement only applies to FSW. If you'll be applying under CEC with your Canadian work experiences, they don't need to be continuous.

You are free to change jobs. Experiences from different NOCs can be combined.

Not a big issue as long as you are not paid below legal minimum

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
The "continuous" requirement only applies to FSW. If you'll be applying under CEC with your Canadian work experiences, they don't need to be continuous.

You are free to change jobs. Experiences from different NOCs can be combined.

Not a big issue as long as you are not paid below legal minimum
I really appreciate your time and help as they clear all my doubts.

Lastly, I would like to know that as per One year of skilled work experience. They count 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours).

but my new job will pay me semi-annually.

Example:
1 Jan - 15 March: 64 hrs

16 March - 30 March: 64hrs.

having this kind of payroll is a problem or they need minium 30 hrs a week