+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continuity of Work and Research Assistant Position

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
I am confused about terms continuity and same occupation.

I worked full time from January 2014 to July 2015 (18 months) as a Civil Engineer (2131). Then I left for the USA for Masters.
I worked part-time from January 2016 to May 2017 (17 months which means 8 months of full time) as a Research Assitant under a Civil Engineering Professor while doing my Masters
I started working full time again from Sept 2017 to Aug 2018 (12 months) as a Civil Engineer (2131)

Does this all count as continuous?

Also, can I include research assistant position as the research work was about civil engineering? Can this position be included in NOC 2131 job?

I am confused can someone please explain to me how many years of work experience do I have for EE?

Thank you.

SokieBia

Apr 26, 2018
Yes. Claim points for all the months you worked as a research assistant. Just get a letter from your graduate coordinator under a letterhead indicating same. Your supervising professor can also do that for you.

I claimed same points and my case is approved for eligibility. You’re good bro.

Good luck

Reactions: someone1991

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
Yes. Claim points for all the months you worked as a research assistant. Just get a letter from your graduate coordinator under a letterhead indicating same. Your supervising professor can also do that for you.

I claimed same points and my case is approved for eligibility. You’re good bro.

Good luck
Thanks for the reply

But how can that be counted as continuous? I have gaps in my three jobs
also Research Assistant is different NOC than Civil Engineering (though my assistantship was in Civil Engineering)
Did your application got approved?

SokieBia

Apr 26, 2018
Continuous work doesn’t mean it should be in the same NOC category. You should should work experience as long as it’s within NOC A or B or O categories. I showed mine for a year of work as a graduate assistant in the USA. I just received GCMS notes which indicates that eligibility has been cleared. Am under screening for security. In fact case analyst web searched my job claim for that and was satisfied. People on this forum have done it. Just search it up here and you will see threads on that. I hope that helps

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
Continuous work doesn’t mean it should be in the same NOC category. You should should work experience as long as it’s within NOC A or B or O categories. I showed mine for a year of work as a graduate assistant in the USA. I just received GCMS notes which indicates that eligibility has been cleared. Am under screening for security. In fact case analyst web searched my job claim for that and was satisfied. People on this forum have done it. Just search it up here and you will see threads on that. I hope that helps
So I do you think I can put 3 years of work experience in my EE profile?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you elaborate as to why you need all your work experience to be continuous?

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
Can you elaborate as to why you need all your work experience to be continuous?
Because, when making EE profile it asks for continuous work experience. I need to show 3 years of work experience to get 445 points. That is why I am checking if I have eligible 3 years of work experience or not.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The continuity requirement is only relevant for eligibility purposes and only one year of continuous work experience is required under your Primary NOC.

The above applies to FSW applicants.

someone1991

Jul 31, 2018
The continuity requirement is only relevant for eligibility purposes and only one year of continuous work experience is required under your Primary NOC.

The above applies to FSW applicants.
Thanks. I got that continuity doesn't affect points. But it does ask in the comprehensive ranking system that you should have experience in one NOC, can you evaluate based on my original post if I have 3 years or not?
Thanks once again.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I got that continuity doesn't affect points. But it does ask in the comprehensive ranking system that you should have experience in one NOC, can you evaluate based on my original post if I have 3 years or not?
Thanks once again.

3 years of foreign work experience for CRS purposes.