Continuing Computer Programing in TORONTO

roiivangilles

Jan 31, 2017
THE VISA OFFICER,

THE CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION,

YAOUNDE, Cameroon.

SUBJECT: APPLICATION FOR CANADA STUDY PERMIT​

Sir/Madam,

SENECA COLLEGE has deemed me worthy of a place in the Computer Programming Program for this Winter 2022, I know I seek indulgence from the Canadian Government to grant me a study permit to pursue this program.

BACKGROUND:

PERSONAL:

I reside in Yaoundé with my family. My father, [father's name], is a government technical school principal and a business owner. My mother, [mother's name], is a business lady and owns a building material store with seven different branches in Cameroon. Apart from that, she also an entrepreneur and also money lender at varying interest rate to individuals, entrepreneurs, medium size enterprises.

ACADEMIC:

After completing my Secondary school education during which I obtained my GCE Ordinary levels with a pass in 10/11 papers in June 2013 and my GCE Advanced level 4/4 papers in the science series in June 2016, I got admitted at the state University of Yaounde 1, were I started studying Biosciences, within that academic year, I passed the competitive entrance examination into a highly renowned African Inter-state Professional School called African Institute of Computer Sciences(AICS), where I obtained my Higher Technician Diploma in Software Engineering two years later and graduated the following year with a double certification namely; the Professional Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences with Good grades (14.58/20) and a Software Engineering Diploma with Good grades. All along, my academic performance had been satisfactory.

PURPOSE OF STUDY:

My passion for computer began when I was just 12 years old and my father bought a home desktop computer for the family. Every week, I had as objective to learn something new about the computer, I already started studying the concept of internet at my tender age as I was very eager to learn. My curiosity helped me to understand a couple of concepts and know how to use most computer related tools. I have always been the tech guy among my friends and family and they would always ask me for suggestions related to computers, smartphones and many other electronic appliances. As I dived deeper into the technology world, I came to realized there are numerous fields as far as computer science is concerned. I then made a choice to do computer programming and most of my mentors and friends approved of it and encouraged me as they know as someone who wants to understand problems and provide a solution to them.

EDUCATIONAL GOALS:

I want to carve a niche for myself in the Cameroonian tech-sector in particular and that of Africa in general, and I believe an education in Canada will help me accomplish that goal. With a diploma that would be of great professional value to me. As we live in a digital age, most industries rely on data and software programmes. Computer Science & IT impacts everything, from scientific research to health development, transport, banking, communications, to name a few. Technology has made the world better, faster, and more connected but Africa in general has still not met the pace as per the development of technology contrarily to other developed countries like Canada. But this didn’t happen by magic. They arrived there thanks to the brilliant minds of IT graduates, who took their passion for technology and used it to create gadgets and computer programmes which help us every single day. So, as it is, Cameroon, unlike many other African countries provides a tremendous market opportunity for Software programmers. Our vision at Brainsoft Solutions (which is my Software Development Company) is to grab this great opportunity offered to us, not only will it help us make great financial profit permitting us to increase the company’s size, but also permit us to help government institutions, private companies and individual businesses to improve management, hence optimizing their productivity with IT Solutions we will build. We don’t need to dream of becoming the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. After all, Windows is still buggy, and even iPhones are not what they once were. But we want to be able develop the next generation of gadgets or software programmes which will improve the lives of millions of people in Africa and Cameroon in particular.

As mentioned earlier, I already studied software engineering in my country Cameroon where I graduated with a professional bachelor and an engineering diploma, which is the highest level my school provides. When I got into the professional milieu, I felt a necessity to acquire further knowledge and skills to meet up with the competitiveness of this era. Upon researches and testimonies from computer programming students in SENECA College, I was convinced that Canada will be the ideal country which could help me attain my goals.

To elaborate more on my choice for Canada, it is a country with a well-known education system and a leader in the G8 on education investment. In addition, Canada's education program is quite flexible and varied to suit the requirements of the international corporations, together with strict quality inspection, so a degree in Canada has always been recognized worldwide. It’s also worth mentioning that the supportive policies put in place by the Canadian Government are favourable to international students. Welcoming policies and friendly people convince me that my temporal stay in Canada will be safe, secure, and extremely fruitful. Starting from health care to security, Canada takes all the necessary measures to promote safety of their students and even the people around. I wish to interact and know the multicultural environment and learn as many perspectives as possible.

FINANCES AND STAY:

The entire array of expenses to be potentially incurred in Canada on studies and incidentals like travelling, staying, feeding and unforeseen shall be entirely borne by my mother and backed up by my father. They are financially well-off and have sufficient funds at exposure to defray all costs. I have already paid a tuition fee for the first semester amounting to $8287.61CAD.

$16,575,22 CAD stands for the Tuition Fee for a year.

and have arranged for the living cost of $10000CAD for the first year.

I promise by honour to abide to the law, rules and regulations of Canada and I humbly request to be granted a visa to study in Canada.

Last edited: