Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>>

Dear Wadood,

It only means that CIC is currently having their hands full with pre 25/6/2010 files & that the post 26th June applicants need to wait for anything to happen on their cases.

Remember, before u applied there were many others in queue. They also form part of that statement. As their cases r dealt & your time comes, u'd get your due too.

Plz relax! U'd be hearing from them soon.

Good luck!
Qorax

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

qorax said:
Hi Eemmoo,

I'd always advise everyone to stay at least 2 months here, post landing, to obtain the PRC & then leave. Anything can happen with it's processing... Any & many issues could crop-up, & be sure that this card is the most valuable document that we'd need towards our progress in this fab country.

I'm not sure how to address that situation, 'coz any complicacies in our PRC processing invariably requires our presence @ their office. One way could be to obtain a PRTD (Temp. Travel Document) from your local CHC (costs $50) & return here to solve the issue.

Qorax

Thanks Captain

docv

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009

thanks captain,
i got the forms.actually my net was nt working for few days so i couldn't see the recent posts.I hv one more querry reg. my kids.my younger daughter is 3.5 and elder one is 5.5 yrs.I would like to know about the fees for the day care centres for them if u have any idea, and do we get any subsidy as a new immigrant and one more thing do we have to pay fee for the kindergarten schools or that too is free.
thanks a lot.
docv

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

docv said:
thanks captain,
i got the forms.actually my net was nt working for few days so i couldn't see the recent posts.I hv one more querry reg. my kids.my younger daughter is 3.5 and elder one is 5.5 yrs.I would like to know about the fees for the day care centres for them if u have any idea, and do we get any subsidy as a new immigrant and one more thing do we have to pay fee for the kindergarten schools or that too is free.
thanks a lot.
docv
1. Daycare is quite pricy here. It'd be difficult to find one which charges lower than $800-1000/month.
2. KG is part of the Public Schooling (it's Free). Starts@5 yrs. I think, if I'm not mistaken.

Reference:
City of Toronto : Daycare Brochure
http://www.toronto.ca/children/pdf/guide.pdf
Daycare - Costs & Worries; News
http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/218181

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

I have posted the names of some Placement Agencies here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/post-landing-list-of-placement-agencies-t52639.0.html;new

Just for info...
Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11

Dear Quarax,

I want to know about CAIPS . How one can get access to it ? Please let me know in detail.

Mayank

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

mayankpandya said:
Dear Quarax,

I want to know about CAIPS . How one can get access to it ? Please let me know in detail.

Mayank
How to Order CAIPS Notes?
Our CAIPS can be ordered thru either of the following 3 methods:

1. Your consultant, if u have one. -usually a Free service provided by the good ones, or costs $5-10.
2. A friend/relative in Canada. -s/he can obtain it for u. It costs Ca$5.00.
3. Websites offering CAIPS Service*. -costs US$30-40.

*WEBSITES:
There r many who offer such services, but most applicants use either of the following:

a) http://www.caips.ca/
b) http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml
c) http://www.caipsretriever.com/2006/03/immigrants-life-in-toronto-canada-ii.html

Qorax

adebolakazeem

Feb 13, 2009

Hi All,
Great kudos to all contributors, Qorax, Hmisabpk, Explorer101,Rocky,Leon, PMM, Tito and all seniors, i doff my hat to you, may God bless you all richly, and more grease to your elbows. One question though, i am yet to land, actually, i will be landing in oct, i've been trying to get an insight into accomodation online, but am seeing that most are requesting for credit checks, references, employment papers, first and last month rents etc, how do we overcome this hurdle as new immigrants not having relatives and no employment yet. Also, as some are requesting payment of some months upfront, i would like some info on mississauga, how are the neighbourhoods? Is the area very receptive to immigrants? Also are there well rated schools around for kids? I mean junior kindergaten? I would terribly appreciate your responses as i do not have much time before i leave my family in Canada to return at a later date. Also, what are your thoughts on my wife attending university and obtaining a canadian degree(even though she already obtained one from our home country)? What benefits are there for immigrant students as regards loans for tertiary education and subsidy for daycare (babies), Thanks again

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

adebolakazeem said:
Hi All,
Great kudos to all contributors, Qorax, Hmisabpk, Explorer101,Rocky,Leon, PMM, Tito and all seniors, i doff my hat to you, may God bless you all richly, and more grease to your elbows. One question though, i am yet to land, actually, i will be landing in oct, i've been trying to get an insight into accomodation online, but am seeing that most are requesting for credit checks, references, employment papers, first and last month rents etc, how do we overcome this hurdle as new immigrants not having relatives and no employment yet. Also, as some are requesting payment of some months upfront, i would like some info on mississauga, how are the neighbourhoods? Is the area very receptive to immigrants? Also are there well rated schools around for kids? I mean junior kindergaten? I would terribly appreciate your responses as i do not have much time before i leave my family in Canada to return at a later date. Also, what are your thoughts on my wife attending university and obtaining a canadian degree(even though she already obtained one from our home country)? What benefits are there for immigrant students as regards loans for tertiary education and subsidy for daycare (babies), Thanks again
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the accolades.

Secondly, plz remember that every part of Canada is welcoming to new immigrants. Nearly everyone that u'd meet here is an immigrant, irrespective of his color, creed, religion & faith. All have come here from another country, as a newcomer, someday. The original natives r far flung. So, Mississauga is no exception. For your solace - yes it's pretty good a place to reside.

Thirdly, about the rentals: For your initial abode (post landing), u could obtain one of the "Short-Stay Accoms", which have been referred in many threads... SafeHomeStay, Studio6, Motel6 etc. However, for your continued yearly rental there r many options as well, to search them. As u locate some suitable ones, be assured that not all landlords would be concerned with a Credit Check. Most would sign the lease with 2 months advance (the first & the last), while at most keeping one additional chq as a Security Deposit. Besides, u can always provide them your Overseas Credit Card copy as a guarantee.

Note once again: Most ppl here r very accommodating. Everyone has gone thru the same beginning & so they all understand your pain/s.

Welcome aboard!

Qorax

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th

Qorax, I really appreciate your optimistic spirit.
many are the doubts in our minds as we move to our new surroundings.
With your words,it seems a lot simpler and confidence inspiring.
Thanks!!

I feel much better about the advise on rentals particularly.
My cash balance is only a little bit above the recommended amount for landing POF.
I will not have a job till I land.
Yet I think I can get something for my family with my current positive credit line and hopefully I will have some job by the time I start looking for a more permanent rental space.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11

Dear Quorax,

Thanks for providing information on CAIPS.

Well i am 2006 New Delhi applicant. I have still not received UL . e-CAS shows InProcess. Do you think that i should order CAIPS ?

Mayank

docv

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009

thanks qorax ,
i have one more question for u. I am in Delhi right now and i hv got International Driving Licence from there but as my licence has been issued from Kanpur they have not given me authentication letter.When i enquired from Kanpur with an agent he said they don't issue any such letter only they give you NOC. so i would like to know what r the option of getting DL in toronto in such case.also i have got oman's DL which is still valid can it help in any way.
thanks a lot once again
docv.

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hai Sir qorax :),
i was just sitting in front of this site & was reading nick-names of forum members & strike a query regarding your name"qorax".if you dont mind,what does it mean? :) :) :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

mayankpandya said:
Dear Quorax,

Thanks for providing information on CAIPS.

Well i am 2006 New Delhi applicant. I have still not received UL . e-CAS shows InProcess. Do you think that i should order CAIPS ?

Mayank
Yes, get yours now. 2006 is a longtime passé. There should be quite a few indications in it, by now.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

docv said:
thanks qorax ,
i have one more question for u. I am in Delhi right now and i hv got International Driving Licence from there but as my licence has been issued from Kanpur they have not given me authentication letter.When i enquired from Kanpur with an agent he said they don't issue any such letter only they give you NOC. so i would like to know what r the option of getting DL in toronto in such case.also i have got oman's DL which is still valid can it help in any way.
thanks a lot once again
docv.
Without the LofA u'll not be able to get a waiver against the mandatory wait period. Do whatever u can & obtain it before u arrive here, else... Problem.

Yes, the Omani DL history would do as well. But only the IDP/IDL will not help u anyway with your Canadian DL foray. The IDP/IDL only will allow u to drive a Rent-a-Car for 2 months upon landing.

Qorax