Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: A MASTER THREAD of some of my posts here >>>

Immunization Form
http://www.chinacanada.ca/web/down/immunization.pdf

Hi all,

If anyone hasn't got the above form from the CHC while receiving their PRVs+COPR, and have kid/s under 16, plz click the link to download that form.

U'd need this form to be filled, signed & stamped by your doctor, from your homeland, before departure for landing. It's required for the kid's School Admission in Canada.

That's a strictly enforced regulation.

Qorax

Munnimehek

May 4, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 2nd AOR : 17-02- 2010
File Transfer...
07-02-2010, In Process- :01-02-2011, after 1 yr. Update doc sent: 23-01-2012. Real IP: 13-04-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
28-06-2012 Med's send: 01-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012

Hi Qorax,

I have sent PM to you. Would you kindly reply me.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

Munnimehek said:
Hi Qorax,

I have sent PM to you. Would you kindly reply me.

Thanks
PM Replied...

See, delays & different processing times r all part of the PR. If A gets his meds in 6 months -it not necessarily means that B would follow the same path. So, give it some more time, have patience & the glory would be yours.

Meanwhile, if u feel, send them a Case Progress Update request. CHC-SG might reply u with the current factual position.

Sending an email here-n-there doesn't create any adversity to your case. But, it shouldn't be frequent.

asif ghouri

Nov 2, 2009
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
Decision Made 13-04-2012

hi Qoraz
i would like to say that i filled my application on 12th May and received by CIO on 18th May 2010. on my application i have mentioned 2 NOC from 2003 to 2007 as Network Administrator NOC 2281 pre feb to gain the point for experience and 4131 as College Instructor from 2007 to todate. one thing remains to be mentioned that my previous application is also in process since Nov 2006 with NOC 2281. my question is this 4131 is in the list and 2281 is non-listed. so my applicaion will b ok or there will be a problem?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

asif ghouri said:
hi Qoraz
i would like to say that i filled my application on 12th May and received by CIO on 18th May 2010. on my application i have mentioned 2 NOC from 2003 to 2007 as Network Administrator NOC 2281 pre feb to gain the point for experience and 4131 as College Instructor from 2007 to todate. one thing remains to be mentioned that my previous application is also in process since Nov 2006 with NOC 2281. my question is this 4131 is in the list and 2281 is non-listed. so my applicaion will b ok or there will be a problem?
All that is required, is that u have 1yr exp in the last 10yrs, in an NOC from the MI list -& u r eligible. The rest of the exp in any other NOC fetches u points too (but do not stand for eligibility).

Thus u should be fine.

asif ghouri

Nov 2, 2009
Pakistan
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
21-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
Decision Made 13-04-2012

qorax said:
All that is required, is that u have 1yr exp in the last 10yrs, in an NOC from the MI list -& u r eligible. The rest of the exp in any other NOC fetches u points too (but do not stand for eligibility).

Thus u should be fine.
thanx Qorax sharing ur views. You, Leon, Maaties are the great blessing for the forum members. when everyone is in trouble he moves to you people side. May Almighty ALLAH give u everything which u r having in ur heart.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

Foreign Trained Architects

Plz read here, some info about your Road Map to succeed in Canada...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/architects-your-road-map-for-canada-t49147.0.html;new

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

To: Qorax

NetIP Toronto Buzz - This Thursday:
Getting Things Done, Annual Conference in Seattle and more!!

August 3, 2010

Dear Members

Thank you for your fantastic support of our last two events! More than fifty of you came out to enjoy the outdoors at the beautiful Ashbridges Bay for the first event NetIP Toronto Picnic held on July 18! Congratulations to the Cultural Awareness team (Vishal, Zamreen and Jaspal) for organizing a fun day!

We also saw large numbers at our first ever Professional Mixer - Cocktails and Conversations event hosted on July 27 by the Membership team (Shruti, Sampada, Gurjeet and Aana) and kudos to them for organizing an evening that delivered engagement and interaction.

We have another exciting event scheduled for this Thursday, August 5, as part of our Professional Development Series. The event is called Getting Things Done and this seminar will not only give you practical tips to enhance your productivity but is also a great way to meet and network with your peers. We hope to see many of you at this event. Please click HERE for more information and to purchase your tickets.

As we continue into August, I am sure many of you are also getting excited about the upcoming Annual NetIP Conference which is being hosted this year in the beautiful Emerald City of Seattle. There are limited spots still open.

This year's conference will only admit the first 500 applicants so get your tickets ASAP by registering here!

As always, NetIP Toronto is committed to provide its members with a one stop venue to meet other like minded professionals. We want to help you enhance your personal and professional development through workshops, seminars and conferences.

Whether you have an idea for an event or want to join one of our committees, this is your organization and the more you put in it, the more you will get out of it.

Regards,

Salima Syerah Virani
President - Toronto Chapter
The Network of Indian Professionals
Mail: syerah@netip-toronto.org
http://www.netip-toronto.org/
Professional Development

Getting Things Done - 25 Habits that will instantly enhance your productivity.

"I have so much to do and so little time. How do I get everything done?"

If you ask yourself this question often, this event is for you!

Following the success of the Entrepreneurs' Dinner Circle event in April. NetIP Toronto and Zentrepreneur Inc. come together to bring you a special seminar focused on enhancing YOUR productivity!

You will be presented with 25 concrete tips and action items which are easy to set up and implement. If converted into habits, you will develop a behavior that will lend itself to execution and getting things done.

The best part is that you will actually end up spending less time on your tasks and get MORE accomplished.

The cost to attend this seminar is just $20 for members of NetIP Toronto and it includes complimentary refreshments as well as an informal networking session before and after the seminar.

Date: Thursday, August 5, 2010
Time: 7.00 pm - Registration and Networking (Complimentary refreshments and snacks will be provided)
7.30 pm to 8.30 pm - Seminar and Presentation
8.30 pm - Q & A and Networking
9.00 pm - Event ends
Location: Sheridan Conference Centre, 1410 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, L6H 6W4
Tickets: $20 for NetIP members, $25 for non-members, $35 for new members (includes membership until December 31, 2010)

Click HERE to purchase your tickets online! Tickets will also be available at the door.

Show us confirmation of your NETIP conference registration and receive COMPLIMENTARY admission to this event!

To RSVP and for all enquiries, please send an email to syerah@netip-toronto.org

ramneek

Star Member
Aug 2, 2009

hello rocky/qorax & others
i have some questions abt post landing
1. is there any uniform like thing for any type of professionals or for labour job i.e. white *censored word* & black trousours in all jobs(ihave heard this thing)
2. is there any allowance for kids & when it is paid by govt. when we land there in canada would it be started from the very first day or later on?
3. what if somebody doesnt get the job, is there any unemployment allowance for newcomers. if yes then how much.
4.does service canada centres also help in getting job to a person who has just done matric.
5. is there any resume needed for labour job also?
any body knows the answer for my queries plz respond
thanks in advance
ramneek

one more thing how much time difference is there in between india & toranto
thanx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

ramneek said:
hello rocky/qorax & others
i have some questions abt post landing
1. is there any uniform like thing for any type of professionals or for labour job i.e. white *censored word* & black trousours in all jobs(ihave heard this thing)
2. is there any allowance for kids & when it is paid by govt. when we land there in canada would it be started from the very first day or later on?
3. what if somebody doesnt get the job, is there any unemployment allowance for newcomers. if yes then how much.
4.does service canada centres also help in getting job to a person who has just done matric.
5. is there any resume needed for labour job also?
any body knows the answer for my queries plz respond
thanks in advance
ramneek

one more thing how much time difference is there in between india & toranto
thanx
1. There's no such thing as a uniform with most employers. However, certain corporates maintain some sort of dress-over like a blue colored shirt carrying the company logo -as with Bell Canada, red with Rogers, overalls in warehouses/factories etc.

2. Yes, upon landing u can file-in the CTB (Child Tax Benefit) & HST (Harmonized Service Tax) forms. U get some monthly respite thereon. CTB could fetch u anything around $300-400/child/month -based on your income & the kids age. It continues till the kids r 18 &/or your income goes above the threshold limit.

3. The Unemployment Insurance is not for not getting a job. It's for being retrenched & thereon unable to get another one. Obtaining that is not easy. Moreover, as a newcomer u r not supposed to look for any & many ways to fetch Govtl funds. This is how ppl from certain regions r looked down upon here. (plz pardon me for being harsh)

4. U'd need a resume for any type of job. Else, how do u sell yourself to a prospective employer? The rules of getting a job remains the same worldwide.

5. Time diff between India & Canada is 10.5 hrs. Toronto time + 10.5 hrs for India.

Qorax

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012

qorax said:
1. There's no such thing as a uniform with most employers. However, certain corporates maintain some sort of dress-over like a blue colored shirt carrying the company logo -as with Bell Canada, red with Rogers, overalls in warehouses/factories etc.

2. Yes, upon landing u can file-in the CTB (Child Tax Benefit) & HST (Harmonized Service Tax) forms. U get some monthly respite thereon. CTB could fetch u anything around $300-400/child/month -based on your income & the kids age. It continues till the kids r 18 &/or your income goes above the threshold limit.

3. The Unemployment Insurance is not for not getting a job. It's for being retrenched & thereon unable to get another one. Obtaining that is not easy. Moreover, as a newcomer u r not supposed to look for any & many ways to fetch Govtl funds. This is how ppl from certain regions r looked down upon here. (plz pardon me for being harsh)

4. U'd need a resume for any type of job. Else, how do u sell yourself to a prospective employer? The rules of getting a job remains the same worldwide.

5. Time diff between India & Canada is 10.5 hrs. Toronto time + 10.5 hrs for India.

Qorax
Dear Qorax need some clarification regarding Point 2.
Can we get easily child benefit immediately after we land canda. Does this effect on status, I mean if someone holding PR and taking Govt. Benefits. Will it effect its status when he go for citizenship. Can we continuosusly take CTB till child gets the age of 18. What is HST [Harmonized service Tax]?

Secondly before going if we get health insurance, which is I think for 3 months. Which one is best and what is cost?-- How long it takes to receive Health Card once we applied from there.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

canada1234 said:
Dear Qorax need some clarification regarding Point 2.
Can we get easily child benefit immediately after we land canda. Does this effect on status, I mean if someone holding PR and taking Govt. Benefits. Will it effect its status when he go for citizenship. Can we continuosusly take CTB till child gets the age of 18. What is HST [Harmonized service Tax]?

Secondly before going if we get health insurance, which is I think for 3 months. Which one is best and what is cost?-- How long it takes to receive Health Card once we applied from there.

Thanks
1. The CTB has no effect on your PR standing. It's a yeoman [free] service provided by the Govt. Of Canada & is available to all PR/Citizens, who might fall in the bracket. Yes, u can accept the CTB & it won't affect your Citizenship Application, neither will it in case u choose to apply for a visa for your relatives.

2. The HST[13%] came into effect from July-2010. It basically clubbed the GST[8%] & PST[5%] (Sales Taxes) into one; & unfortunately attracted the full component of indirect taxes to lot many products/services. It's a killer! However, as newcomers with limited income, the Govt chose to provide us a small relief gesture, to tide over our tight budgets.

*Both the CTB & the HST Relief Applications will be helped-out to u once u hit your Neighborhood Community Center.

3. Obtaining a Temp. Travel Insurance is a wise action. Yes, they r for anything between 1-3 months, in our case taking the max validity is factually correct. Which one to buy? -I've written about it in a separate thread, with the same subject name, plz have a look there.

4. How long does it take to receive the Health Card?
-If u r referring to the Travel Insurance -it's available to u as u pay up. On the spot u get the card & the benefits booklet. And the insurance applies to u from the same day of paying up too.
-If u r referring to the Provincial Healthcare Cards -it's activated only after 3 months of landing in most provinces, except Alberta & Manitoba (these 2 provinces give u Medicare from the day u land).

Qorax

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012

qorax said:
1. The CTB has no effect on your PR standing. It's a yeoman [free] service provided by the Govt. Of Canada & is available to all PR/Citizens, who might fall in the bracket. Yes, u can accept the CTB & it won't affect your Citizenship Application, neither will it in case u choose to apply for a visa for your relatives.

2. The HST[13%] came into effect from July-2010. It basically clubbed the GST[8%] & PST[5%] (Sales Taxes) into one; & unfortunately attracted the full component of indirect taxes to lot many products/services. It's a killer! However, as newcomers with limited income, the Govt chose to provide us a small relief gesture, to tide over our tight budgets.

*Both the CTB & the HST Relief Applications will be helped-out to u once u hit your Neighborhood Community Center.

3. Obtaining a Temp. Travel Insurance is a wise action. Yes, they r for anything between 1-3 months, in our case taking the max validity is factually correct. Which one to buy? -I've written about it in a separate thread, with the same subject name, plz have a look there.

4. How long does it take to receive the Health Card?
-If u r referring to the Travel Insurance -it's available to u as u pay up. On the spot u get the card & the benefits booklet. And the insurance applies to u from the same day of paying up too.
-If u r referring to the Provincial Healthcare Cards -it's activated only after 3 months of landing in most provinces, except Alberta & Manitoba (these 2 provinces give u Medicare from the day u land).

Qorax
Thanks Qorax.