New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Hi members,

I am doing bit of research for making a move from Ontario to Quebec (as an International student). I am looking at relevant course for my background and experience and have zeroed on one of them. The earlier I make this decision, the better it's as Quebec (colleges) don't give any exemption for non-Quebec study.

Now, I came across this document for PEQ for international students (link follows) and in the conditions to be met heading, Number 2 there's a box at the bottom with white background and the para in there starts with : You are not eligible for the PEQ if you have a scholarship that contains a clause stipulating that you must return to your country of origin or if you have started a new study program.

My concern is as to the second part of the statement (in bold). I can't understand it. Everyone starts a new study program, so how does that make them ineligible?
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/peq/PEQ_Student.pdf

Any insight/clarification would be great. One thing that has come out clearly and Harvijay also suggested about is the requirement of french language oral segment score/study for PEQ : International Student. Thanks Harvijay for that.

Thanks

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Gymguy said:
Hi members,

I am doing bit of research for making a move from Ontario to Quebec (as an International student). I am looking at relevant course for my background and experience and have zeroed on one of them. The earlier I make this decision, the better it's as Quebec (colleges) don't give any exemption for non-Quebec study.

Now, I came across this document for PEQ for international students (link follows) and in the conditions to be met heading, Number 2 there's a box at the bottom with white background and the para in there starts with : You are not eligible for the PEQ if you have a scholarship that contains a clause stipulating that you must return to your country of origin or if you have started a new study program.

My concern is as to the second part of the statement (in bold). I can't understand it. Everyone starts a new study program, so how does that make them ineligible?
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/peq/PEQ_Student.pdf

Any insight/clarification would be great. One thing that has come out clearly and Harvijay also suggested about is the requirement of french language oral segment score/study for PEQ : International Student. Thanks Harvijay for that.

Thanks
I think what "If you have started a new study program" means is that you have met the eligibility criteria for PEQ(no. of hours of study, french requirement,etc) but are currently enrolled in studies.

This could either happen to someone who's finished a 2 year master's program and has enrolled in a PhD or a temporary foreign worker who has gained Québec experience and has now enrolled in a studies to maintain status in Canada.

The rule seems to be in place to ensure that the eligible candidates are immediately put into the dwindling workforce of Québec. Quite a smart clause!

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
harvijay1001 said:
I think what "If you have started a new study program" means is that you have met the eligibility criteria for PEQ(no. of hours of study, french requirement,etc) but are currently enrolled in studies.

This could either happen to someone who's finished a 2 year master's program and has enrolled in a PhD or a temporary foreign worker who has gained Québec experience and has now enrolled in a studies to maintain status in Canada.

The rule seems to be in place to ensure that the eligible candidates are immediately put into the dwindling workforce of Québec. Quite a smart clause!
Thanks Harvijay for your excellent explanation. Appreciate it a lot. I have sent an email to college. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully catch you up in Montreal if everything goes as planned. Cheers mate.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Gymguy said:
Thanks Harvijay for your excellent explanation. Appreciate it a lot. I have sent an email to college. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully catch you up in Montreal if everything goes as planned. Cheers mate.
Sure! No problem.

E-mail for admission? What course and college are you considering?