+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contemplating defering to next year

Catmom

May 28, 2020
They were talking about giving Canadian PR's and citizens entry if they are completely vaccinated.They might give international students the same exemption before September I think.So India's third wave won't affect us.
That sounds like a ray of light. I have decided to not cry till August.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Who said passport stamping will start before August? It's definitely not starting in June-July.

This is their 'phase-wise' re-opening plan.

On the other hand, yes we will see a massive wave in the coming months, because people are morons that can't resist to go out for leisure during a pandemic. Give it 1 - 1.5 months and India will be destroyed with Covid again.

You can't expect much from a PM that was once a tea seller.
Even if PP stamping doesn’t resume, will they do us a favor and give decisions irrespective of the PP stamping not happening? Seriously it’s kind of frustrating how they expect us to halt our life + invest lacs (thousands of dollars) and not hear from them?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Even if PP stamping doesn’t resume, will they do us a favor and give decisions irrespective of the PP stamping not happening? Seriously it’s kind of frustrating how they expect us to halt our life + invest lacs (thousands of dollars) and not hear from them?
I agree 100%.
Like what am I supposed to do? I get calls from some of the most amazing companies from the UAE and India, yet I can't take up those roles because I need to fly to Canada whenever the border opens. But there is no clarity when that will happen.

I miss salary, I miss money yet I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to worry about it from the broader perspective. But what about those invest their lives earning / take loans to study?

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I agree 100%.
Like what am I supposed to do? I get calls from some of the most amazing companies from the UAE and India, yet I can't take up those roles because I need to fly to Canada whenever the border opens. But there is no clarity when that will happen.

I miss salary, I miss money yet I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to worry about it from the broader perspective. But what about those invest their lives earning / take loans to study?
I feel sorry for you and so many of us who are actually quite stuck in this pickle. Will they consider the gap (in some people’s case, 1 year or more) between work acceptable if one says it was because of waiting for SP approval or travel? Agreed there’s a pandemic but every other country is running except Canada despite of Canada receiving thousands of dollars if not millions every month through this new study permit crazy wave. The least they can do is process faster, that’s it!

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I agree 100%.

People stopped traveling literally but students didn’t stop paying fees, paying application fees and so many even traveling to Canada through different routes with no job in sight yet paying money to study there. They literally are getting applications by the thousands from India alone even during a pandemic, imagine the amount the banks are making only through the exchanges when students pay fees yet they aren’t upping their workforce and working faster!!!!

Reactions: Catmom

Catmom

May 28, 2020
I feel sorry for you and so many of us who are actually quite stuck in this pickle. Will they consider the gap (in some people’s case, 1 year or more) between work acceptable if one says it was because of waiting for SP approval or travel? Agreed there’s a pandemic but every other country is running except Canada despite of Canada receiving thousands of dollars if not millions every month through this new study permit crazy wave. The least they can do is process faster, that’s it!
Every other company in India is working. Even if they don't want to stamp passports for various reasons, I think they must review and give decisions to those who are awaiting their results. It's unfair on students. That waiting part is the hardest for any applicant.

Reactions: rogerdude1

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Every other company in India is working. Even if they don't want to stamp passports for various reasons, I think they must review and give decisions to those who are awaiting their results. It's unfair on students. That waiting part is the hardest for any applicant.
An approval after the wait is worth it but imagine getting a refusal after waiting for months. Refraining from applying for now because of this.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
An approval after the wait is worth it but imagine getting a refusal after waiting for months. Refraining from applying for now because of this.
Yeah. Wait for a bit. And try and apply SDS from India whenever you can. Last time when VFS India opened after a break, they were hyper actively giving decisions.
Yours is an exceptionally strong profile, unfortunately, it went in the hands of the wrong embassy. It's wise to wait for the right time.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Yeah. Wait for a bit. And try and apply SDS from India whenever you can. Last time when VFS India opened after a break, they were hyper actively giving decisions.
Yours is an exceptionally strong profile, unfortunately, it went in the hands of the wrong embassy. It's wise to wait for the right time.
it must be very frustrating to be stuck after getting ppr. your program is 1 or 2 years long ?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
it must be very frustrating to be stuck after getting ppr. your program is 1 or 2 years long ?
It's 2 years long. Every semester is 8 months but since my course begun in May, we don't have 4 months break after each semester. It's continuous

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
It's 2 years long. Every semester is 8 months but since my course begun in May, we don't have 4 months break after each semester. It's continuous
honestly i won't risk it and take break. since you started studying online continue until they reopen borders. in the worst case scenario i think you will have to go there during the beginning of your 2nd year.