+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contemplating defering to next year

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hey crew,

I am currently studying my first term online from India. Doctors are predicting third coronavirus wave in 6 to 8 weeks saying it's unavoidable. I kind of feel that flight ban might extend. My course finishes in Aug 2022 since we don't have any break.

I am contemplating defering my course from next semester, as I don't want to study the entire course online.

Thoughts?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
If daily cases rises to or near the levels of April, then flight ban will definitely happen again and the way restrictions are easing, looks like the daily cases are gonna skyrocket soon.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey crew,

I am currently studying my first term online from India. Doctors are predicting third coronavirus wave in 6 to 8 weeks saying it's unavoidable. I kind of feel that flight ban might extend. My course finishes in Aug 2022 since we don't have any break.

I am contemplating defering my course from next semester, as I don't want to study the entire course online. And the asshole PM of my country leaves me with zero hope that the covid condition will improve in India.

Thoughts?
Go to UAE, quarantine there. PCR test, fly to Canada, quarantine 14 days. Tedious but it is possible. No guarantee on in-person study in Canada though (at least next term)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey crew,

I am contemplating defering my course from next semester, as I don't want to study the entire course online. And the asshole PM of my country leaves me with zero hope that the covid condition will improve in India.

Thoughts?
In order to qualify for PGWP your studies must remain full-time and without unscheduled breaks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey crew,

Thoughts?
Deferring may bring problem with your pgwp application.

Reactions: Catmom

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deferring is the wrong term to use here. Yes, in essence OP is deferring by the definition of the world but in academia or education circles, deferring is usually used when postponing the start date of your program. OP will essentially be taking a scheduled break which is a big no-no.
Thanks for clarity. Yes, It is taking unscheduled break

Reactions: Catmom

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Hey crew,

I am contemplating defering my course from next semester, as I don't want to study the entire course online.

Thoughts?
Without sounding political, you got that right about the PM, he is responsible for the delta variant

Reactions: sqfit

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Why don’t you travel as soon as you get your passport processed? An indirect route might work as well
Who said passport stamping will start before August? It's definitely not starting in June-July.

This is their 'phase-wise' re-opening plan.

On the other hand, yes we will see a massive wave in the coming months, because people are morons that can't resist to go out for leisure during a pandemic. Give it 1 - 1.5 months and India will be destroyed with Covid again.

You can't expect much from a PM that was once a tea seller.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Without sounding political, you got that right about the PM, he is responsible for the delta variant
Taking about your safety doesn't mean being political. It for the sake of our life ffs. And HE IS SOLELY responsible for delta variant aka Modi Variant. He allowed all those unnecessary religious gatherings, followed by f#$%&*$ elections. People dont understand that how political decisions during elections are going to affect them in different spheres of life.

This was our super spreader event which is primarily responsible for second wave - https://www.freepressjournal.in/viral/forgery-is-our-national-sport-1-lakh-fake-covid-19-test-reports-issued-during-kumbh-mela-netizens-outraged

Anyways, keeping my anger aside, i hope things go back to normal. I feel bad for those who those students who almost finished their course via zoom. I hope they get to fly asap after getting vaccinated.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Deferring is the wrong term to use here. Yes, in essence OP is deferring by the definition of the world but in academia or education circles, deferring is usually used when postponing the start date of your program. OP will essentially be taking a scheduled break which is a big no-no.
Oh. Interesting.

Thanks for the clarity. Yes. OP is what I was considering.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Go to UAE, quarantine there. PCR test, fly to Canada, quarantine 14 days. Tedious but it is possible. No guarantee on in-person study in Canada though (at least next term)
I mean, I can consider that. UAE India flights are not operating currently. They just opened few flights from India to UAE, but it is restricted only to Indias with UAE residency and who have taken UAE vaccines.

The only hope that I have currently is by August, some solution might come out since some of the high profiles kids from uber-rich families are enrolled for September intake in US. And their parents will put pressure on the system and bend it for the sake of their kids. Them plus + us lesser mortals screaming might force authorities to arrange special flights for students like they did for repatriation.

This idea might seem far-fetched but few days back the international ministry did ask students stuck in India to mail them our details - https://www.hindustantimes.com/education/news/govt-extends-help-to-indian-students-studying-abroad-now-stuck-in-country-101622902337029.html

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
I mean, I can consider that. UAE India flights are not operating currently. They just opened few flights from India to UAE, but it is restricted only to Indias with UAE residency and who have taken UAE vaccines.

The only hope that I have currently is by August, some solution might come out since some of the high profiles kids from uber-rich families are enrolled for September intake in US. And their parents will put pressure on the system and bend it for the sake of their kids. Them plus + us lesser mortals screaming might force authorities to arrange special flights for students like they did for repatriation.

This idea might seem far-fetched but few days back the international ministry did ask students stuck in India to mail them our details - https://www.hindustantimes.com/education/news/govt-extends-help-to-indian-students-studying-abroad-now-stuck-in-country-101622902337029.html
They were talking about giving Canadian PR's and citizens entry if they are completely vaccinated.They might give international students the same exemption before September I think.So India's third wave won't affect us.