+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contacting IRCC via email

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I used the email for Mississauga office provided in this forum to contact them regarding when I can expect an oath invite. Since this email is not publicly provided in IRCC website, is it okay to use it to contact them? Or is it confidential? Will this cause issues to my application? As in, will they reject it or something? Or am I overthinking?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I used the email for Mississauga office provided in this forum to contact them regarding when I can expect an oath invite. Since this email is not publicly provided in IRCC website, is it okay to use it to contact them? Or is it confidential? Will this cause issues to my application? As in, will they reject it or something? Or am I overthinking?
You are overthinking. It's not a crime to know or ask about your application/oath. Just be courteous in your email.

Reactions: Sheru86

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
You are overthinking. It's not a crime to know or ask about your application/oath. Just be courteous in your email.
Thanks. My concern was whether using the CIC citizenship email for Mississauga office is okay even though it was not listed anywhere. It looks like many people have contacted them via this email ID in the past. I guess the worst that can happen is them saying not to email such queries (and use webform or customer service center instead). This process has made me full-blown crazy because of the anxiety. Lol.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks. My concern was whether using the CIC citizenship email for Mississauga office is okay even though it was not listed anywhere. It looks like many people have contacted them via this email ID in the past. I guess the worst that can happen is them saying not to email such queries (and use webform or customer service center instead). This process has made me full-blown crazy because of the anxiety. Lol.
It's a very normal things many applicants do when they are tired of waiting. I myself have been emailing them since 4 months. Initially they responded asking me to wait for 12 weeks but now they stopped responding. But I still keep trying. Ottawa office :)