+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contact details change post CoPR

a1chin

Oct 9, 2023
My Husband moved to Middle East on Work Visa Post AOR(May 2023), I moved with him on family visa. We moved here about 1 month ago. But because we did not have a proper residence and were staying at a hotel we did not update our change of address/country through a webform. We have now received COPR. Can we submit our passports by going back to the country of address in our profile or do we need to update IRCC about change of address? We are from Pakistan. We can fly back to Pakistan to submit our passports to the same VFS office we gave our biometrics in. So can we do that or is it mandatory to update IRCC. #ircc #copr #help

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
My Husband moved to Middle East on Work Visa Post AOR(May 2023), I moved with him on family visa. We moved here about 1 month ago. But because we did not have a proper residence and were staying at a hotel we did not update our change of address/country through a webform. We have now received COPR. Can we submit our passports by going back to the country of address in our profile or do we need to update IRCC about change of address? We are from Pakistan. We can fly back to Pakistan to submit our passports to the same VFS office we gave our biometrics in. So can we do that or is it mandatory to update IRCC. #ircc #copr #help
Umm how can you get COPR without being in Canada? It is confusing. I guess you got PPR. You can try contacting IRCC over the phone first and ask the agent what's the best option out of the two. It is likely they will tell you to submit a webform confirming your new address as opposed to flying back to Pakistan and submitting your passport there. If you do the latter, you would be spending money for 2 people for a round trip, and you would have to be very certain about when you can return back to the ME. With the job and stuff, you need to plan carefully. Congrats on moving to the ME, no better place.

a1chin

Oct 9, 2023
My Husband moved to Middle East on Work Visa Post AOR(May 2023), I moved with him on family visa. We moved here about 1 month ago. But because we did not have a proper residence and were staying at a hotel we did not update our change of address/country through a webform. We have now received COPR. Can we submit our passports by going back to the country of address 10.0.0.0.1 in our profile or do we need to update IRCC about change of address? We are from Pakistan. We can fly back to Pakistan to submit our passports to the same VFS office we gave our biometrics in. So can we do that or is it mandatory to update IRCC. #ircc #copr #help
I got this,..

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Umm how can you get COPR without being in Canada? It is confusing. I guess you got PPR. You can try contacting IRCC over the phone first and ask the agent what's the best option out of the two. It is likely they will tell you to submit a webform confirming your new address as opposed to flying back to Pakistan and submitting your passport there. If you do the latter, you would be spending money for 2 people for a round trip, and you would have to be very certain about when you can return back to the ME. With the job and stuff, you need to plan carefully. Congrats on moving to the ME, no better place.
These posts are often by "I got this" spammers. Check their recent comment.