+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultancy kinda forcing me to sign the contract for 1 year (client requirement for 6 months)

MahiGad

Jul 10, 2018
Hey Guys,

I've finished my Masters, and got a contract job (via consultancy) at a financial institution. This position actually start from Jan 13th. During the interview by client, he conveyed me that the position is for 6 months. However, consultancy is asking me to sign the contract for 1 year and conveyed me that they can revise the pay grade after 6 months. But I am not sure if this will ever happen..

Now my question is 'Why should I sign the contract for 1 year?'. I am not comfortable doing it as the consultancy will put me for a low wage rate for the next 6 months as well and I have some personal plans.

Consultancy is kinda forcing me to sign the contract or decline the offer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Guys,

I've finished my Masters, and got a contract job (via consultancy) at a financial institution. This position actually start from Jan 13th. During the interview by client, he conveyed me that the position is for 6 months. However, consultancy is asking me to sign the contract for 1 year and conveyed me that they can revise the pay grade after 6 months. But I am not sure if this will ever happen..

Now my question is 'Why should I sign the contract for 1 year?'. I am not comfortable doing it as the consultancy will put me for a low wage rate for the next 6 months as well and I have some personal plans.

Consultancy is kinda forcing me to sign the contract or decline the offer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
It is up to you. You can try to negotiate the length or change in pay grade after 6 months. You have to be willing to walk away though.

Reactions: MahiGad